Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
13th Age, Level 1

:siren: I want to play Saturdays at 12pm PST and end at 4pm PST, I wouldn't sign up if you can't make this. :siren:

A few changes from traditional 13th age
I would like players to leave their icon's blank until the first session. Every player will be creating one of their own icon's, please post your icon along with your character sheet. and then establishing a relationship with that, and then either 1 or 2 other player's icons. You will have 4 icon points total at level 1. No limits when it comes to home brew / craziness. As long as the math makes sense I'm willing to fluff pretty much anything as anything. If you've got a cool character concept but don't think anyone will run it, this is the place for you I think. In my games, having 18 or 20 in a stat is akin to being able to do super human feats with that stat, I'd like for everyone to have as much narrative control as a mage might, so please feel free to have as much fun with your concept as you'd like.

Icon die are going to be using this alternate icon die system: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SRayveAtI-F5tlvI0EBqVIVDMhvKlZJtpAXinFx7GFQ/edit

A slight tweak to the combat system as well, anyone engaged with an enemy, but not a target, can intercept and tank an attack for the enemy's target. As long as you're engaged, you may do this as many times as you wish!

As a quick action you may push or pull someone one movement, as long as you pass a skill check against their physical defense.

This makes the melee combatants in charge of placement and taking hits, and makes ranged combatants in charge of overwhelming damage. This should make combat feel a bit more fair and give everyone something to do.

YOU ARE ALL PIRATE-EXPLORERS THOUGH, YOU'RE GOING TO BE PIRATING. YOU'RE GOING TO BE EXPLORING. THERE MAY EVEN BE PRIVATEERING. YOU WORK FOR A CROWN, YOU HAVE A BOSS, YOU HAVE A JOB, AND YOU SHOW UP TO THIS JOB.

You're going to be robbing enemies, or exploring new islands, or talking with new people or any mix of these things. The "gameplay" loop is we'll do a couple of sessions, you write back with your findings, and get new orders for the next couple of sessions.

The level of magic in the world is enough to make it's people comfortable. Magic is unlicensed, practiced everywhere, and is largely universal. Communication is instantaneous for the most part, people use transcription paper regularly, children are known to pass around slips of transcription paper, to the point that teachers collect all quills at the beginning of the class. Interconnected weaves of magic allow scholars to communicate and update their findings constantly. While many openly share their secrets via this information super stream, many squirrel away their secrets forever. You will beholden to a council of the icon's you've created. (That doesn't mean they have to be good or anything. Someone hating you and putting you on a boat to die is a valid reason for you to be here, as long as you, the player want to play a pirate game.)

The exact whys and hows the adventure got started will be done through the first session. Everyone will have input, this is just the general framework for the story I want to tell with you.

Can I play?

If you're interested, post a character sheet and join my discord. I like to keep party's below 6 and above 3, players who are accepted will get the player tag added to them in discord.

https://discord.gg/tgxrMR6

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Icon Character Sheet

Title: Name It

Common Knowledge: Explain it with the stuff everyone knows

Allies: Who comes to them for help

Enemies: Who are they normally fighting.

True Danger:Finish this sentence about your icon, "Everything will be alright if..."

As for your character sheet as long as you keep it current, how ever you get it to me is fine, I prefer just reading off Google Docs though.

What I'll be cribbing from and inspires this game
Shadowrun
Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizon's
Brutal Legend
Kafka on the Shore

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 16, 2018

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Very interested post. Will have to dig out my 13th Age book.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Saturdays 12pm to 4pm, which time zone are you using?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pst sorry

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Edit; wait poo poo I work on Saturdays and can't do 12pm. Alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still looking for players.

• Locked thread