Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't put anything on a burn blister including Neosporin. Let the bubble become harder and harder then collapse on itself to become like a burnt brown chicken crust.

The end result feels like the toughest callus you can get.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

UltraRed posted:

Ummm, according to who?

medical science :goleft:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3496701/
"useless" might be overstating it. in much lower concentrations than those available in drug stores, it might promote the formation of new blood cells, but peroxides are reactive oxygen species, which are thought to be involved in the pathogenesis of chronic wounds, because they react with the exposed biological cells, damaging tissue. applied directly to a wound in typical concentrations, H2O2 actually works against the body's natural healing mechanisms, retarding the formation of connective tissue (necessary to form a barrier against infection) and has been shown to induce the development of scar tissue
it can also form an embolism and kill you [1] [2]

e: it's still fine to use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize non-biological surfaces though

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Cubone posted:

medical science :goleft:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3496701/
"useless" might be overstating it. in much lower concentrations than those available in drug stores, it might promote the formation of new blood cells, but peroxides are reactive oxygen species, which are thought to be involved in the pathogenesis of chronic wounds, because they react with the exposed biological cells, damaging tissue. applied directly to a wound in typical concentrations, H2O2 actually works against the body's natural healing mechanisms, retarding the formation of connective tissue (necessary to form a barrier against infection) and has been shown to induce the development of scar tissue
it can also form an embolism and kill you [1] [2]

e: it's still fine to use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize non-biological surfaces though

By this logic though, wouldn't alcohol also retard the formation of connective tissue since both it and peroxide sterilize basically by chemical destruction of whatever they touch?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ is white?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

My goondolences.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol i did worse. On my left hand, same area but further towards the palm

climbed over a barbed wire fence (in Vegas lmao) and ripped it open on the way down.

GOOD NEWS is that your hands heal crazy fast. Was mostly healed in 2 months tops. I literally don't even have a scar and it was the same type of wound you have, except I had alot more blood right afterwards.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

Jesus Christ posted:

By this logic though, wouldn't alcohol also retard the formation of connective tissue since both it and peroxide sterilize basically by chemical destruction of whatever they touch?

Yeah dude, that's why modern first aid suggests cleaning only with water

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

hot date tonight! posted:

Yeah dude, that's why modern first aid suggests cleaning only with water

What ever made you think Jesus Christ was modern? O_O

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Sponge Baathist posted:

Jesus Christ is white?

This one is, but the other one wasn't.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Vato posted:

This one is, but the other one wasn't.

Jesus_Christ is an imposter.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vato posted:

What do you do about that, the chronic gout, I mean?

Meant that I'm used to high levels of pain, and what I consider tolerable might be what other people consider unacceptable.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Jesus Christ posted:

you're supposed to drink it

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Alcohol sure as hell retards me haha

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jesus Christ posted:

Yes, you also don't sterilize wounds with alcohol.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

Yes, you also don't sterilize wounds with alcohol.

you drink the alcohol while pouring gunpower into the would and lighting it on fire

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its so hot in here

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welp I guess hydrogen peroxide doesn’t work anymore. Because we can’t acknowledge that deoxy reactions occur anymore. Like it doesn’t actually just make water and reconstruct ruptured skin cells. Well like I can acknowledge that it is a disinfectant and use it like people have been for 100 years but like a cop or a federal agent couldn’t use hydrogen peroxide because it’s a nuclear device now.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 20, 2018

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jesus Christ posted:

I just ripped open my blister while changing a bandage!!!

OUCH!!!

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
furthermore,

(spoilered for :nws: )

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

:bird:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I've got the same size wound across three of my fingers right now. On Monday I was removing a tree with a climber, so I was on the ground manning the ropes. Well for how long I've been doing this poo poo I greatly underestimated the size of the log he was cutting and it fell straight down to the base of the tree, giving no fucks about the two and a half wraps I put on the rope to make sure I had leverage. My left hand glove was chewed to poo poo and my fingers all mangled and hosed up. I've got dime size blisters like OP's on my index, middle and ring fingers, the ring finger slightly sprained as well. Climber just laughed and said I should've wrapped the rope one more time around, lol.

Thanks to all this and a rainy day I get to sit and shitpost!!!

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Dude. Post your hosed up nubbins

Same for the lot of ya

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Welp I guess hydrogen peroxide doesn’t work anymore. Because we can’t acknowledge that deoxy reactions occur anymore. Like it doesn’t actually just make water and reconstruct ruptured skin cells. Well like I can acknowledge that it is a disinfectant and use it like people have been for 100 years but like a cop or a federal agent couldn’t use hydrogen peroxide because it’s a nuclear device now.

Are you implying that hydrogen peroxide reverses cell lysis because uh....citation?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

There Bias Two posted:

Are you implying that hydrogen peroxide reverses cell lysis because uh....citation?

Can you like, not do chemistry or... :thunk:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Can you like, not do chemistry or... :thunk:

I'm beginning to think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

get one of those weird gel bandages that like absorbs all the poo poo and then falls off

and then get some olive oil and eat the bandage

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

That's not a blister OP, you're shedding your skin. Obviously you're a man-snake and just never realized, idiot.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Burn blister or what? I bet that's a real bitch when you try to wash your hair.

Assuming you aren't bald.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpJe2ztE41s

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I haven't watched this yet, but so far it looks like a very familiar 'Laugh-In' sketch. Is it? Let's find out.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQtQ4Nsja_8
Not the same at all....

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Government Is Turning Peroxide Nuclear and The Frogs Gay

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Communist Toast posted:

looks like my sweet boy pussy

I'm sorry but the thread hasn't really gotten better since this post.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Communist Toast posted:

looks like my sweet boy pussy

let's compare. I'm basically a mod so you won't get banned for homegrown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Put some honey on it. I support the use of honey.

• Locked thread