Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm cranky before my mid-morning wank too. It's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite song by them is probably Juicebox. But I did like reptilia a lot as well.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
i like jcs new band as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxDyvGcelfA

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is This It was a like a false dawn for Rock music back in the 2000s, now rock music is loving dead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
none of their songs could be said to be best

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Vines were/are another solid band from that era

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Drunken Baker posted:

I'm cranky before my mid-morning wank too. It's ok.

Oh I get it, "The Strokes"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

!Klams posted:

Yeah, God, this. gently caress I'd forgotten how irrationally angry this makes me, how can you be that stupid and arrogant and socially inept and entitled? How is anyone this much of a loving twat? I hate these people so SO much. SPOILER ALERT: they're gonna play that one song everyone wants, and it had NOTHING to do with you yelling it all gig, have you never been to ANY concert for ANYTHING before, how do you not know how this works you gently caress BRAINED cumshittle. House lights not come up? Guess what, that means they're doing an encore 100% of the time. Don't go to leave struggling through the motionless crowd, and then turn around agape that they've returned, you loving oval office. Because guess what? You're obviously standing directly in front of someone now you endless quest for shitness. loving hell, SHUT UP.

I'm not familiar with this Strokes song.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

They came out with a new EP out of nowhere a couple years ago and it features one of their best songs of all time imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNgvS-sA-s

the video is really good too

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Space Camp fuckup posted:

They came out with a new EP out of nowhere a couple years ago and it features one of their best songs of all time imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNgvS-sA-s

the video is really good too

They did an innovative strategy with this EP where they packaged it with a really terrible remix of one of the songs so the original sounded better by comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

!Klams posted:

Yeah, God, this. gently caress I'd forgotten how irrationally angry this makes me, how can you be that stupid and arrogant and socially inept and entitled? How is anyone this much of a loving twat? I hate these people so SO much. SPOILER ALERT: they're gonna play that one song everyone wants, and it had NOTHING to do with you yelling it all gig, have you never been to ANY concert for ANYTHING before, how do you not know how this works you gently caress BRAINED cumshittle. House lights not come up? Guess what, that means they're doing an encore 100% of the time. Don't go to leave struggling through the motionless crowd, and then turn around agape that they've returned, you loving oval office. Because guess what? You're obviously standing directly in front of someone now you endless quest for shitness. loving hell, SHUT UP.

This reminds me, I saw the Tallest Man on Earth a few years ago, and he played what I think at the time was probably his most well known song, The Gardener, right at the beginning of the set rather than towards the end. Drunk dude wandered in about halfway through and starting shouting at him to play it and he just stopped in the middle of a song and said "I loving already played it dude, did you only just get here?". He probably spent around 50 bucks (thanks AUD pricing!) to get in, stumble around and shout for about 2 minutes and then leave.

I also saw Vanilla Ice at a festival for some reason, he played Ice Ice Baby about 3-4 songs in to a 45 minute set. Once it was done, the whole place cleared out and he was playing to an empty room for 20 minutes

best strokes song is Under Cover of Darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l09H-3zzgA

• Locked thread