Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Even if he's not playing.

In this season of the sport with sellout crowds but no one talks about anywhere, It's Basketball. But you don't care, do you? You only care about the darkest timeline of yellow and black. NBL? What's that, you ask?
Why, It's Australia's and New Zealand's National basketball league! You might find out more at NBL.com.au for your b ball needs.
What is basketball? Who cares! Just know that some games are coming to free to air this season on channel 9 (for Australians and live for the first time in years) Or on Fox Sports for everyone. You can also see your team's games (free) online at NBL.tv

Speaking of teams, here they are. In last years ladder order:

MELBOURNE UNITED
Coming into this season holding last years trophy, Dean Vikerman's Squad has kept their three main players in Chris Golding, Casper Ware and Josh Boone. Every else played musical teams. Will these three be enough to carry them to a Second Title in a row?

ADELAIDE 36RS
The runners up. Joey wright has lost Mitch Creek from his core, But has kept Nathan Sobey and Daniel Johnson. Words on Majok Deng stepping up to replace creek have been heard. Will this be enough to keep them in the top?

PERTH WILDCATS
Coming in next, Trevor Gleeson's Cats come with changes from last season, keeping MVP Bryce Cotton but losing showman Jean-Pierre Tokoto. Will his replacement be as exciting as him? Most likely not, but will keeping it simple see the cats strong?

NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS
New coach Kevin Braswell's Trans-Tasmans have huge changes from last year, coming in with a almost full new team. As with all massive shake ups, Will it work? Will it fall?

ILLAWARRA HAWKS
The Hawks have also shook things up by replacing many. Rob Beveridge has a new look team, And will it work to gain places up the ladder?

CAIRNS TAIPANS
The snakes come back this year keeping half of the last season, and bringing in the new. This includes new coach Mike Kelly. Can this be enough, or was a full team replacement like the Hawks or the Breakers the answer?

SYDNEY KINGS
Jerome Randle. Daniel Kickert. Kevin Lisch. Brad Newley. ANDREW BOGUT. If those names don't scare you, nothing will. Andrew Gaze's team for this season is hyped up to to be this year champs... But is too much star power going to hurt them instead?

BRISBANE BULLETS
They have gained Jason Cadee from the Kings, Matt Hodgeson from the 36rs, and then a full new lineup after that. Is it enough to resurrect this team from their woes? Andrej Lemanis hopes so.

The other poo poo you might like:
THE PRESEASON?
It's on now, and you can get tickets to the games.(if your in Victoria) These will tell us who's hot, and who's not.
NBL VS NBA?
Yeah, there has been a few games done and coming that some of our teams vs the Utah Jazz and other American collage teams. I hope the NBA thread is also talking about this.. Oh, Who am I kidding? Their not.
9TH TEAM?
Coming in the 2019/20 season is a South Melbourne team. The South Dragons will rise again! maybe. who knows.
WNBL?
Yeah, we have the women as well. But instead of sellout crowds of 6000+, they barely get a crowd of 200. Check them out at WNBL.com.au(Seriously, come watch the women live! I need to get payed and I don't get payed if there isn't enough crowd to pay us. It sucks being a statistician.)

No images here because of finding images that aren't HUGE AS gently caress or tiny ant is loving hard, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks for the thread!

I follow the 36ers, ready for another year full of promise with a 'real shot' at the finals then inevitably choking like the last 10 years!! Woohoo Adelaide sport!

Hopefully Bogut plays the majority of the season and stays injury free, will be great for the league if he is fit and healthy.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Go Sixers! This is the year!

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
You don't wanna know how hosed we are for Adelaide stats atm, The guy who organizes who's on what games for stats just came back from a month long boomer holiday, and we have nothing ready for who's on it for the preseason game on tuesday. He's also the guy who sorts out our payments from the NBL and BSA, And we still haven't been payed yet for the State finals a month ago.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hooray basketball! I almost watched a preseason match here in Newy but then I couldn't go because of work but also the match got cancelled because of water on the court or something, but anyway. Go 6ers I guess!

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
The blitz is over, so we can have a list of the teams to watch, coming in from most wins:

Adelaide (3-0), Illawarra (2-1), Melbourne(2-1), Sydney(1-2), Breakers(1-2), Perth(1-2), Taipans(1-2), Bullets(1-2)

However, this is not the end of the preseason yet, more games are coming.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
If you haven't seen it, the blitz's highlight video is up if you want to see it. In other news, I just got the new FIBA 2018/19 Rulebook, with changes like Technical fouls done by coaches is now two free throws, and no more periods and extra time. It's Quarters and Overtime worldwide now.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
The first game of the season is on now. meanwhile, i'm going to be crying into my own corner right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Oh really?? I thought it was a pre-season week still! drat! Looks like Adelaide lost their opener. They looked really good against Utah the other day.

• Locked thread