Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Rats? In My Inn's Basement?

quote:

The city of Sevengate sits at one end of the Great Route, a continent-spanning caravan trail. A port city, Sevengate prospers with the flow of trade overland and oversea, and is a cosmopolitan melting pot for every species and culture in the Known World. Native or visitor, you have begun to seek your fortune in the streets of Sevengate.

Seeking out adventure, you and your compatriots have heard wind of troubles at the Blue Boar inn. Less than a block from the southern gate to the city, you push the outer door open confidently and stride in...

This is going to be a one-shot for the adventure in the Dungeon Fantasy RPG box set, I Smell a Rat. We'll be doing play by discord text-only, with this thread basically just being for recruitment purposes.

I haven't GM'd GURPS or DFRPG before, but I have GM'd in the past, and I'm doing this because I want to get a feel for how the game plays. I'm more than happy to have GURPS or DFPRG newbies as players, so don't be shy.

I'm looking for 4-6 players but I'll play with as few as 3 if necessary.

I am online and available primarily during the daytime Eastern, and most evenings from 9-midnight Eastern as well. I am going to try and move quickly through the adventure, as it's not long.

Discord: https://discord.gg/URtjuQf

Characters

Characters should be standard 250-point DF characters. You can use either GURPS DF or DFRPG; I prefer the box set if you have it. If you lack either and still want to play, let me know in the discord channel and we'll see if we can figure something out.

If you're using GURPS DF, available races are Cat-Folk, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Ogre, Half-Orc, and Halfling. Points for the racial templates should come from your Advantages.

I highly, highly recommend using a program like GURPS Character Sheet or GURPS Character Assistant (if you want to pay) for character creation. I've got a text export template for GCS that dumps out BBCode for the forum. Let me know if you want it.

We'll mostly be using GURPS DF1-3, and since I'm kinda new at this, I'd like to avoid most of the add-ons in the other GURPS DF series for this go-round. Feel free to use Loadouts to keep things easy for yourself, though.

Please provide a picture for your character and let me know whether you're using GURPS DF or the box set. You can write as little or as much background for your character as you like; it's a one-shot so I'm not looking for serious hooks.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Color me interested. I'll write up something tonight probably

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

MohawkSatan posted:

Color me interested. I'll write up something tonight probably

Sounds good!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Posting to express interest. I'm looking at making a Knight and will be poking around with the GURPS character sheet

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Posting for interest. I'll likely be using GURPS DF.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

8one6 posted:

Posting for interest. I'll likely be using GURPS DF.

Fantastic. Join us in the discord when you get a chance.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
I think I'd like to give this a go! Sadly, I don't have this fancy boxed set, but GURPS has treated me fairly well in the past.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

bahamut posted:

I think I'd like to give this a go! Sadly, I don't have this fancy boxed set, but GURPS has treated me fairly well in the past.

That's fine! We'll pretty much be using the regular GURPS DF stuff as most folks don't have the box set. (Which is a shame as it's spiffy.)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
For those who haven't been in the Discord channel I have been working on a Half-Ogre Barbarian.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Link to my character sheet

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
have an actual character sheet https://pastebin.com/xivqKSKF

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
So what kind of schedule you planning on? Play when people are on kind of thing?

I should be available at various times. I won't be around as much on Friday and the weekends.

I'll be using the DF rules and not the boxed set.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Genevieve Wheatblade
Human Necromancer

Genevieve Wheatblade (of the Aetherbrook Wheatblades) is a recent graduate of the Timbermount College of Advanced Magics. Armed with a Bachelor of Thanoturgy degree, a confident and upbeat attitude, and massive student loan debt, she has struck out into the world to seak adventure and riches.
Character sheet

8one6 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 28, 2018

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

DocBubonic posted:

So what kind of schedule you planning on? Play when people are on kind of thing?

I should be available at various times. I won't be around as much on Friday and the weekends.

I'll be using the DF rules and not the boxed set.

Pretty much. It'll be hopefully a bit faster than pbp but that's roughly the speed I'm looking for.

DF rules are fine, pretty much everyone is using them.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hypnobeard posted:

Pretty much. It'll be hopefully a bit faster than pbp but that's roughly the speed I'm looking for.

DF rules are fine, pretty much everyone is using them.

Using discord text seems to run a bit faster than pbp if everyone interested and having fun. Lose interest, and it kinda sputters like PbP does

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Name: Sneeky Pete
Class: Thief

ATTS [200]:
ST 11 [10]; DX 16 [120]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 11 [10].
Damage 1d-1/1d+1; BL lbs.; HP 12 [2]; Will 13 [0]; Per 15 [5]; FP 11 [0].
Basic Speed 6.25 [-10]; Basic Move 7 [5]; Dodge 9; Parry

Advantages [20]:
Ambidexterity [5]
Flexibility [5]
High Manual Dexterity 1 [5]
Perfect Balance 1 [5]
Night vision [1]

Disadvantages [-40]:
Greed CR: 12 [-15]
Curiousity [- 5]
Laziness [-10]
Overconfidence [-5]
Skinny [-5]

Quirks [-5]:
Aloof [-1]
Amoral [-1]
Annoying habit (plays with knives) [-1]
Checkered past [-1]
Suspicious [-1]

Skills [55]
Acrobatics-15 (DX-1) [1]
Brawling-16 (DX+0) [1]
Carousing-11 (HT+0) [1]
Climbing-18 (DX+3) [1]
Escape-17 (DX+1) [1]
Fast-Draw (Knife)-16 (DX+0) [1]
Fast-Talk-12 (IQ-1) [1]
Filch-16 (DX+0) [2]
First Aid/TL3-13 (IQ+0) [1]
Forced Entry-16 (DX+0) [1]
Gambling-12 (IQ-1) [1]
Gesture-13 (IQ+0) [1]
Holdout-13 (IQ +0) [2]
Lockpicking/TL3-15 (IQ+2) [4]
Main-Gauche-15 (DX-1) [1]
Merchant-12 (IQ-1) [1]
Observation-14 (Per-1) [1]
Pickpocket-16 (DX+0) [2]
Poisons/TL3-11 (IQ-2) [1]
Saber-15 (DX-1) [1]
Scrounging-15 (Per+0) [1]
Search-15 (Per+0) [2]
Shadowing-12 (IQ-1) [2]
Sleight of Hand-15 (DX-1) [1]
Smuggling-13 (IQ+0) [2]
Stealth-18 (DX+3) [12]
Streetwise-13 (IQ+0) [2]
Thrown Weapon (Knife)-16 (DX+0) [1]
Traps/TL3-14 (IQ+1) [4]
Urban Survival-15 (Per+0) [2]

Stats [200] Ads [20] Disads [-40] Quirks [-5] Skills [55] = Total [250]

Equipment ($853 48.9lb)
1 Saber (signature weapon)
1 Backpack, Small (Holds 40 lbs of gear) $60 3lb
1 Bandoleer (6 lb thrown weapons; Wearer can reach with Ready or Fast-Draw) $6 0 1 lb
1 Candle, Tallow (Sufficient to read by. 12 hr.) $5 1 lb
1 Heavy Cloth or Leather Body Armor $158 12.6 lb
1 Heavy Cloth or Leather Leggings $112 9 lb
1 Large Knife $40 1 lb
6 Large Throwing Knife $240 6 lb
1 Light Cloth Sleeves $25 3 lb
1 Lockpicks $50 0.1 lb
1 Main-Gauche $50 1.25 lb
1 Personal Basics $5 1 lb
1 Pouch (3 lb small items) $10 0.2 lb
1 Rope, 3/8", 30 yd (Supports 300 lb) $15 4 lb
1 Small Knife $30 0.5 lb
1 Torch (Burns for 1 hour, 2 yd.) $3 1 lb
1 Wineskin (1 gal liquid) $10 0.25 lb
1 Water (1 Quart) $0 2 lb

Current load out:
1 Saber (signature weapon)
1 Backpack, Small (Holds 40 lbs of gear) $60 3lb
1 Bandoleer (6 lb thrown weapons; Wearer can reach with Ready or Fast-Draw) $6 0 1 lb
1 Candle, Tallow (Sufficient to read by. 12 hr.) $5 1 lb
1 Heavy Cloth or Leather Body Armor $158 12.6 lb
1 Heavy Cloth or Leather Leggings $112 9 lb
1 Large Knife $40 1 lb
6 Large Throwing Knife $240 6 lb
1 Light Cloth Sleeves $25 3 lb
1 Lockpicks $50 0.1 lb
1 Main-Gauche $50 1.25 lb
1 Personal Basics $5 1 lb
1 Pouch (3 lb small items) $10 0.2 lb
1 Small Knife $30 0.5 lb
1 Torch (Burns for 1 hour, 2 yd.) $3 1 lb

Weight: 42.65

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 1, 2018

8one6
May 20, 2012

http://gurpscharactersheet.com/ makes buying equipment a lot easier.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
Alaris the Sharp (Name clickable for actual sheet stuff.)
250 point Catfolk Scout

A former member of the Darhinnish military. Having fought through, and survived, the entire Aldgard campaign culminating with the liberation Adair Dam. Alaris was honorably discharged just a few months ago. Since then she has had trouble finding a new line of work.

Although she generally is generally upbeat and optimistic about things, some people can have a hard time getting past other aspects of her personality. But those that do find a true and loyal friend.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lakas (rhymes with "hard pass") was a veteran of the Tunnelcleansing Brigades, where he served at the place of honor, on the left flank, where the greenskins would always jump out from in their cursed hovels. He was drummed out of the service after some an incredibly improbably sling bullet took out his eye, and he's had to do odd jobs for various patrons ever since. He's grown rather bitter over the condescension people have towards a warrior with only one good eye, and he's eager to prove that his shield arm has not at all dulled since his glory days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Damien Gabay (Name clickable for actual sheet stuff.)
250 point Half-Ogre Barbarian

Damien Gabay was the result of a combination of the unusual love of a strange couple, and some magic. Some would think his upbringing would be harsh and cruel, savage and bloodthirsty. And they would be wrong. For the most part. He grew up in a happy home, though he did have to deal with prejudice and the occasional thrown vegetable, or rock. Still he grew up into a kind man, if a bit simple. His father tried to teach him civilized manners, and a number of skills, that mostly didn't take too well, though Damien at least learned how to interact with others smaller than himself. His mother taught him how to fight, how to survive on his own in the wild, and how to make the best of his great strength. These lessons were quite a bit easier for him.

In time he left home and went out to find a life of adventure. He had problems, but he overcame them. Mostly. He did learn of some of the vices the smaller folk, and he succumbed to a number of them quite badly. He could not believe how tasty ale was, or pies. And he found friends, companions, people who could overlook his size and appearance and accept him for who he was. And it was then that he learned that he had a rage deep within him. Mostly it was contained, but when those he cared about were threatened or harmed he could lose himself in his over-protectiveness. Going into a berserk frenzy where he must crush those that would harm his friends.

• Locked thread