Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Kemix posted:

Great LP, hope the next is just as good!

I'm afraid I've got some bad and good news about the next LP.

The bad news is that it will not be .hack//GU ReCoded

Why? Allow me to present People's Evidence I - V

I've never had a game be simultanteously too dark and too occluded by bloom. Also every video containing cutscene clips has been blocked worldwide because Victor Entertainment is afraid that Gentle Hands will be misused or something.

What's the good news?

I'm already hard at work on my next screenshot project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

So while I don't think the ending was bad, I don't think I'd call it good either. It's just kinda there.

Though I do think I'd be a lot harsher on it if DoubleNegative hadn't said anything ahead of time. I was expecting something so much worse than what we got, so I'm sure part of my reaction of "meh" is because of relief it's not worse.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The game manages be mostly as good as an official game, I say mostly because I still feel that the story in the end ends up feeling slightly bloated with all the Legendaries and multiple antagonistic forces. Sometimes less is more.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoubleNegative posted:

I'm afraid I've got some bad and good news about the next LP.

Link it here when you start!

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Nth-ing the "thanks for LPing this" thing DoubleNegative, this has honestly been a rather fun ride. On the ending, I totally agree with this:

serefin99 posted:

Throwing my hat in for "the ending isn't that bad". It's a little depressing, but at the same time, it doesn't really feel... 'permanent' or 'final' or what have you. There's nothing tying Amy to the region- in fact, there's even an entire post-game sidequest that takes place in a separate region- so there's no reason she couldn't visit Nora every so often, or possibly even join her in her new adventure. Damian is in the dream realm, which gives the possibility of Amy getting to see him whenever she goes to sleep, and even if that isn't how that works, she still has a more direct route into the dream realm.

It's funny, compared to the weirdness of some of the other games I've played (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Fire Emblem Awakening, Darkest Dungeon), Damian going to go live in the dream realm barely even registers a blip on the weirdness scale. If he wants to hang out there, sure why the gently caress not, go right ahead.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Another "thanks for the LP" post, it made for a nice palate cleanser after Reborn's whole deal.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

This game had some neat ideas, most deltas were v cool, but prob needed an actual writer somewhere in the process

good job

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

That was a pretty satisfying LP, even if the ending was a little downbeat.

Also if you're going to include one truly original pokemon in your fangame, a cute little UFO legendary with the same chassis as celebi, jirachi etc. is a pretty good choice.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

thanks doublenegative, you big nerd

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This game had some neat ideas, most deltas were v cool, but prob needed an actual writer somewhere in the process

good job

I'd say it had a solid writer but what it really needed was a good editor

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah, good editing could probably whip up a lot of the problems the thread's had with the game over the course of the LP. Either way it was nice to see a pokemon fangame from folks who are pretty clearly fans of the franchise and understood how to make a game that wasn't just edgy grimdark 100% of the time.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah, this was just a little bit of polish away from being genuinely good.

Well, this should be fun.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I enjoyed this LP a lot, I didn't really have anything to contribute but I liked the Delta forms, the devs really went all out on the looks even if they weren't all that useful. I'd be tempted to play myself even but I lack the patience to play non-exp share Pokeman games anymore. I do like how they went above and beyond with the post-main story content too, seemed to be so much there.

Will be looking forward to what comes next from this team.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I don't have much to add, I just want to say thank you for showing off this game.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Thanks for the LP! This game was surprisingly enjoyable most of the time.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Let's Plays hunt in packs, Arisen!

Thanks again for a great LP of a not-terrible Pokemon romhack! It's...weird that Damian is helping your Dad develop real estate in your brain rather than, y'know, helping to rescue him but hey, whatever floats that kid's boat.

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
Thanks so much for the lp! I loved all of it. The end was a bummer but hey. Not your fault.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Thanks for the LP, I loved it and I liked this surprisingly enjoyable game.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

What a good LP :)

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

This was a great LP, what got me wasn’t that it ended on a downer but that Damien didn’t give us the other starter! :argh:

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I had fun with this LP! Thanks for showing it off :)

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888273

My new LP can be found at the link above!

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Related aside to this LP, I've been looking into the speedrun route of it and got the notes for the WR route that mainly uses Excadrill. If people are interested/don't mind and I have the time for it, I can show some of it off. It also uses the Traditional story, so I'd in any event have an excuse to help pick up where that left off as well.

SirSystemError fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 28, 2019

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm game for that.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Sounds good to me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'd like to see how a speedrun of this game goes. Pokemon speedruns tend to be kind of interesting, though probably none reach just how utterly stupid Gen 1 speedrunning is (did you know you can make Horn Drill hit 100% of the time with a single item? Gen 1!)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'd like to see how a speedrun of this game goes. Pokemon speedruns tend to be kind of interesting, though probably none reach just how utterly stupid Gen 1 speedrunning is (did you know you can make Horn Drill hit 100% of the time with a single item? Gen 1!)

Speedrunning is easy when you can just clip through walls and walk straight into the Hall of Fame.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Black Robe posted:

Speedrunning is easy when you can just clip through walls and walk straight into the Hall of Fame.
Or write your own code for the game to execute.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Or just, y'know, go nuts.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Well because a few of you wanted to see it...

The Insurgence Speedrun Route, Part 1

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

SirSystemError posted:

:stare:

Holy poo poo.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SirSystemError posted:

You went through a lot of the game there. That was pretty impressive.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

SirSystemError posted:

Can't say i've ever experienced a screenshot speedrun before.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

After a while of rerouting a few things, both difficulty-related and otherwise...

The Insurgence Speedrun Route, Part 2

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

You're running right through this. Looking forward to the next bit!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'm shocked at how fast it's gone. I know that it's a speedrun, but you have so few mons and I keep expecting a roadblock, but there doesn't even seem to be one in sight

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Door Frame posted:

I'm shocked at how fast it's gone. I know that it's a speedrun, but you have so few mons and I keep expecting a roadblock, but there doesn't even seem to be one in sight

It's almost like there's some actual game design in this!

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

And finally got around to finishing this. I go into more detail for the final parts of this, since some of it (especially two of the Elite Four) deserves the longer explanations.

The Insurgence Speedrun Route, Part 3

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Glad to hear that even in a speedrun, the trainer AI can't lay off the swap moves. Kayla's Espeon Baton Passing out with zero boosts tracks with what happened in the LP repeatedly, if you recall!

Anyway, thanks for showing off the speerun. It was neat to see the game speedran start to finish in so little time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

https://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Insurgence/

Thanks for joining me on this journey. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here!