Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blockchain prenup
i dont like to waste water so heres what i do. start with just a little water on one hand and turn off the faucet. then get soap on the other hand and scrub until its all clean. then rinse off and shake off my hands (get the water off first so drying is easier). if theres paper towels i fold one up so i can dry off with 1 towel only dont like to waste paper. how do you wash your hands byob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artoke

Usually I just chop off my current hands and grab another pair from the complimentary bucket of hands by the bathroom door. Sometimes I get mismatched ones, but you get used to it.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
they say you should wash your hands for about as long as it takes to sing happy birthday. this ensures you spent enough time loosening all the dirt and that no one bothers you in public restrooms

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
first i test all the faucets in the bathroom/house/building and determine which has the nicest handles, best temperature control and the optimum pressure control. for pressure control i recommend the t-450 available from oxnars but the g-452 or f-355 from koroogers will do in a pinch. i chart my numbers and then get a 10ml sample from each and run them through a spectroscope, run ph tests and prepare slides. this data is also compiled and added to the charts with footnotes and cross references to my past studies. i then gather my colleagues to discuss the data (my dog, the little bunnies from my back yard if they're not frightened, an old stuffed animal that sits on a shelf, etc.) and together we come to a conclusions to which, if any, of the faucets are adequate for the task at hand. if there is a clear favorite then we get down to analyzing the rate of flow and the angels the corresponding sink and discuss which technique will be utilized to best compliment the stream of water.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Luvcow posted:

first i test all the faucets in the bathroom/house/building and determine which has the nicest handles, best temperature control and the optimum pressure control. for pressure control i recommend the t-450 available from oxnars but the g-452 or f-355 from koroogers will do in a pinch. i chart my numbers and then get a 10ml sample from each and run them through a spectroscope, run ph tests and prepare slides. this data is also compiled and added to the charts with footnotes and cross references to my past studies. i then gather my colleagues to discuss the data (my dog, the little bunnies from my back yard if they're not frightened, an old stuffed animal that sits on a shelf, etc.) and together we come to a conclusions to which, if any, of the faucets are adequate for the task at hand. if there is a clear favorite then we get down to analyzing the rate of flow and the angels the corresponding sink and discuss which technique will be utilized to best compliment the stream of water.

/r handwashing

blockchain prenup
its been proven time and time again that water pressure and air cavity density are better indicators than angle and flow rate. pretty ballsy of you to post in the handwashing thread when you still believe in these dated metrics, bucko

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Hugh Malone posted:

they say you should wash your hands for about as long as it takes to sing happy birthday. this ensures you spent enough time loosening all the dirt and that no one bothers you in public restrooms

Same, but for peeing.

Manifisto

I wash my left hand. in the process, my right hand gets all soapy and icky so next I wash my right hand. in the process, my left hand gets all soapy and icky again so it's necessary to wash the left hand. in the process, my right hand, recently sparkling clean, gets soapy and icky so it comes next. and so on. I have a mnemonic, "love red leather rompers" that helps me remember the sequence, l-r-l-r etc. without this mnemonic I might lose track and have to start all over again.

ty nesamdoom!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I don't understand why people are so insistent about washing their hands after using the toilet, when we hold/wipe with our feet?

City of Glompton

artoke posted:

Usually I just chop off my current hands and grab another pair from the complimentary bucket of hands by the bathroom door. Sometimes I get mismatched ones, but you get used to it.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Twenty Four

*Standing by my front door to greet the big line of people that showed up for my dinner party all at once*

After welcoming and shaking each persons hand, I tell the next in line "hang on" while I sprint to the bathroom, wash my hands, come back to greet the next person, repeat.

Twenty Four

Monday Wednesday Friday is right hand.

Tuesday Thursday is left hand.

Switch every other week.

Obviously I take weekends off, that's "me time".

alnilam

I just phase to another plane of existence and back again. Leaves all the dirt and stuff behind to fall to the floor. Of course it leaves my clothes behind too so i have to be careful where i do it

FutonForensic

don't use soap. it strips the natural oils of your hand that help give it a lustrous sheen. I haven't soaped since high school, and people often flirt with me (from a distance) by calling me "canola mittens"

Manifisto

I've cut convenient holes in the front of my dishwasher, so whenever the need arises for a good handwash I can do a full cycle on "pots and pans" to really scrub the dirt away. of course whenever I need to actually do dishes I have to put my hands in to keep the water from going everywhere, but it's a small price to pay.

ty nesamdoom!

poverty goat

I just wipe my rear end with the left and eat with the right, like they do in India. No running water required

Robot Made of Meat

poverty goat posted:

I just wipe my rear end with the left and eat with the right, like they do in India. No running water required

Remind me not to try all the tasty breads and foods that you post in the cooking thrad.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Mummy Napkin
just dip my hands in the terlet water after i'm done and wipe my hands on my dungarees.

Piso Mojado

when i wash up, it only takes two hits. Me hitting the water button, and my neighbors hitting me for being in their house.

FutonForensic

Piso Mojado posted:

when i wash up, it only takes two hits. Me hitting the water button, and my neighbors hitting me for being in their house.

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Piss is sterile and warm/cleansing so I just piss on my hands.

alnilam

LawfulWaffle posted:

Piss is sterile and warm/cleansing so I just piss on my hands.

finally someone's saying what we're all thinking

Sepharo

EARTH! FIRE! WIND! WATER!
I wave my hand under the faucet motion sensor... it doesn't work so I move to another sink.
Then the water is running for half a second so I get a little splash.
Then I wave my hand under the soap dispenser and it doesn't work (but I still try like 5 times).
So I reach over to the sink with the faucet sensor that doesn't work and get some soap from that one.
Then I rub my hands together and finally rinse using about 4 half second bursts of water.

Sepharo

EARTH! FIRE! WIND! WATER!
The water is cold unless you wanna do like 15 bursts then it might start to warm up.

TOOT BOOT

one word: degloving

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Blockchain technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Sepharo posted:

I wave my hand under the faucet motion sensor... it doesn't work so I move to another sink.
Then the water is running for half a second so I get a little splash.
Then I wave my hand under the soap dispenser and it doesn't work (but I still try like 5 times).
So I reach over to the sink with the faucet sensor that doesn't work and get some soap from that one.
Then I rub my hands together and finally rinse using about 4 half second bursts of water.

too real

alnilam fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 6, 2018

ty manifisto

• Locked thread