Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a thread to find further players for my forthcoming RuneQuest (4E) game.

RuneQuest is one of several systems for roleplaying in Glorantha, the setting of classic 'mystical bronze-age tribe' management game King of Dragon pass. It is a game for roleplaying the stories of adventuresome people from the varied tribes, kingdoms and empires of a vast more-or-less Bronze Age world. Each session of RuneQuest covers an in-game season of the year, during which characters deal with threats to their community, perform rituals to deepen their connections with their gods and spirits, negotiate or battle with neighbors--the actual focus of a RuneQuest campaign can be as varied as the make-up of its player character cast. I don't have a definite idea for a particular campaign, instead I have a set of principles for the kind of game I'd like to run:

1) Weekly or bi-weekly, voice chat over Discord.
2) Single Homeland or Mixed Party: Up for debate before game start, during char creation
3) Elder Races (Trolls, Elves, Dwarves Etc.): Allowed (dependent on point 2)
4) Lunar Empire Player Characters: Allowed (dependent on point 2)
5) In-Game Starting Season: Earth Season, 1625.

Game time not definitely set, but after discussion in the Glorantha thread we seem to be moving towards Tuesday or Thursday. Evenings EST, ~2hr sessions plus post-game stuff called for by the RuneQuest system.

If you're a fan familiar with and interested in playing RuneQuest, or a fan of King of Dragon Pass or its more recent sort-of-sequel Six Ages, or are familiar with Glorantha through other mediums, or are just intrigued by the prospect of a roleplaying game in a very original setting, please mosey on over to the game's launchpad thread here in The Game Room and make yourself known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here is a link to a big post I made in the game thread on the six potential player homelands. We currently have two players on-board, looking for 1-3 more. Thus far the consensus is for the party to come from a single homeland.

• Locked thread