Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
This game really brings up the question of recursion. Theres a robot inside of Clank that keeps security when Clank is out for the count, is there more robots inside of him?
Also: I like the part where you are inside of clanks head and you can see out of his eyes, you never mentioned it on the video, but that was really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I do like that Clank calls himself out for his own flaw with Ratchet assuring him that it happens to everyone, a complete reversal of how Ratchet handled Clank's flaw the first time it got them into trouble.

As I mentioned in the Full Frontal Assault thread, Clank's major flaw is that he is very naive and trusting, especially early on, and as a result he can overlook obvious traps such as the one that brought out Ratchet's worst aspects as a character.

And like with Ratchet's single-mindedness, this flaw seems to be inherent as the Zoni were trusting enough of Nefarious to allow him into the Great Clock altogether though they also did at least make it clear to him that he is to wake up Clank and gently caress off afterword, even explicitly telling him that he is not allowed in the Orvus chamber.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Tombot posted:

Also: I like the part where you are inside of clanks head and you can see out of his eyes, you never mentioned it on the video, but that was really cool.

I agree, that's pretty rad, it'd be neat if there were a few more scenes like that

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Like does anyone who owns a PSP even get that North by Northwest reference?

BTW, OP is not at all joking about that Luna fight and the godawful PSP controls. Holy poo poo.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 1, 2019

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

10. Final Fart

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

I can't really imagine the utility a hallways full of lava

My dude have you heard of a little game called Dwarf Fortress

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

My dude have you heard of a little game called Dwarf Fortress

I haven't.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I kind of liked Whiplash on the PS2 for difficulty, because it started relatively basic with it's platforming, just getting through areas that most people worked in so it was mainly walking on the bits you weren't supposed to be walking on - then you get a powerup halfway through the game, and finally get to use the electric platforming elements to get to each section's Backstage area, where suddenly the platforming ramps the gently caress up and it gets quite tricky. That's also where all of the bosses are located.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ASCII-based building and world management game. Players tend to try to make complex building and use lava as a sign of their ingenuity within fortifications. Results tend to be mixed FUN!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I could see in the concept art during the credits what they originally had in mind, I wonder how much was lost trying to squeeze it into the psp hardware. Also, the ending of this game reminds me a bit of the ending in the original ratchet and clank, but Chairman Drek had way more presence in that game so meeting him actually had some impact other than "huh, who?").

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

At around 7 minutes in, the wall jumping / cylinder part. Is it not possible to double jump to the wall and wall jump to the next platform? It looks like jumping onto the cylinders doesn't really get you any extra height, I would have thought they were there to mess with timing rather than be platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Zark the Damned posted:

At around 7 minutes in, the wall jumping / cylinder part. Is it not possible to double jump to the wall and wall jump to the next platform? It looks like jumping onto the cylinders doesn't really get you any extra height, I would have thought they were there to mess with timing rather than be platforms.

if i accidentally created extra challenge for myself, that's alright