Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
I ordered a dryer from Best Buy in August, which comes with free next day installation and delivery. I'm desperately trying to get support, as every attempt is a series of errors.

Today they sent a crew, but forgot the dryer. Yesterday the mistake was them mixing up the date (they thought 10/4 was Friday and not Thursday). Similar things have been going on for over a month. I've spent countless hours trying to get this thing delivered.

Nobody seems to be claiming responsibility for this, and there seems to be no way to escalate the issue. All I get are promises that next time the delivery will be fine.

- When I call the phone support, I'm told something about seeing corrupt information in their systems and then get transferred to another rep. Nobody actually bothers taking responsibility. I'm just told to hold on, wait for quite some time, and get transferred to another rep.
- When I stop by a physical store, they correct any online errors, but the requests the physical store enter are not honored by the online crew
- When I try over e-mail or anything with a paper trail, I'm instructed to go back to the phone support.

Can anyone offer advice on how to escalate the incident and get my dryer?

edit: I've got another delivery scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm not overflowing with confidence here.

edit2: This was an online order from bestbuy.com

diadem fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

lol get your money back and buy a dryer somewhere else ya rube

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Go to the store you purchased it and talk to the manager. Get the district managers information and escalate.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

Go to the store you purchased it and talk to the manager. Get the district managers information and escalate.

Sounds about right. Back when I worked at Office Depot, talking to a District Manager was probably the most efficient way of solving an ongoing problem like this. Store Managers can get chewed out by their DMs for letting things get this bad (and its also really embarrassing to have a DM solve such a local issue) , so it's in their interest not to let it get to that point.

You can likely get a gift card for the trouble too. If you want to put more fire at their feet, give them the lowest marks in the store survey they have on the receipt. In a few retail businesses, those stinkers get forwarded to DMs as well.

I wouldn't spend any more time on the phone, unless you are directly on the line with the DM. Phone and online support is kinda horrible for these things.

buglord fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 5, 2018

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Cancel the order and buy the dryer elsewhere.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Cancel the order and buy the dryer elsewhere.
Where is the elsewhere that will be better?

We had a similar story buying a fridge from Sears, we finally got it sorted out but even at the final delivery of something that worked they *still* kept on saying the address they had four years ago that they never even delivered anything to, rather than the one we keep giving them, and an outdated phone number, etc.
We got it sorted out because my wife escalated the problem to corporate, who sent it back down to the local manager, who was then extremely helpful, but even he wasn't able to sort out the address update that all of phone support, chat support and in-person-in-the-store-person assured us had been performed.

Lowes also sucks. Home Depot also sucks. If there's a store that can actually deliver a working thing and quickly make it right if you get unlucky, I am not aware of this store.

I Demand Food
Nov 18, 2002
Because the order was from the website and not a store, the stores will be limited in what they can/will do for you. It's really not their problem and doesn't effect their numbers unless you return it, which they might not let you because of the time elapsed.

Have you tried asking for a supervisor when you call the 888 number?

diadem
Sep 20, 2003
eet bugz
Update: I expected today to be a failure like all the others, but I was happily surprised.

The delivery crew came in on time, were friendly, had the dryer in hand, installed it without problems, made sure it was level, cleaned a bit for me, and left after making sure everything was all set.

Lessons learned: What I got was a crap shoot and lucky eventually. Don't do what I did. The problem here was clearly lack of accountability, which is not the case when you actually have a physical location and people who you met in person.

For anyone else in my situation - just cancel the order and re-order with a physical store. Yes, it's a trek, but it'll save you a ton of headaches down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I bought my last washer and dryer from Home Depot last year and experienced a similar shitshow. It was due to be delivered six days after I bought it so i took that day off work. Of course they never showed up. I called the store and they told me my order had been canceled because "you called us and canceled it". Which of course i hadn't done. They told me there's nothing they could do but refund my money and start again.

I didn't accept this as I wasn't driving back there for their gently caress up and I wasnt giving them a chance to gently caress up further and charge me twice. I got a number for a regional manager who was also useless but did give me the number for the warehouse so I could find out what happened to my order. I call the warehouse and they're a totally different company from home depot. They house, deliver, and install appliances for multiple retailers and have nothing to do with hd once the order comes in. They were immensely helpful and i had numbers for their front office, loading area, shipping, and the people that get the installers scheduled. The front office at this warehouse actually gave a drat about helping a customer! I pretty much used my order number and called all these people to get a new delivery setup and then on the day of delivery I called all of them again to make sure things were progressing.

I got stalled at the loading area. They didn't have space on the truck for my appliances and were going to reschedule my delivery. A little sweet talking on my part got them to correct the issue and they actually did delivery and install as scheduled.

This is what it takes to get something done these days.

• Locked thread