Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Hi everyone! We're all such good friends here who like to share good times that I thought we should start a book of the month club! Let's get to it.

Our first inaugural book is War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. It's an important book because brainy authors use quotes from it as an epigraph, and it's also translated from Russian. The link is right here http://www.planetpdf.com/planetpdf/pdfs/free_ebooks/War_and_Peace_NT.pdf

So let's get into it!

Jesus... How many frickin' pages is this thing?

quote:

‘Well, Prince, so Genoa and Lucca are now just family estates of the Buonapartes. But I warn you, if you don’t tell me that this means war, if you still try to defend the infamies and horrors perpetrated by that Antichrist - I really believe he is Antichrist - I will have nothing more to do with you and you are no longer my friend, no longer my ‘faithful slave,’ as you call yourself! But how do you do? I see I have frightened you - sit down and tell me all the news.’

How did Prince get in this? Wasn't this two hundred years before he was born or something? Did Prince name himself after this guy? This is boring, let's skip ahead...

quote:

‘Don’t, Boris! You are such a diplomat that it is really tiresome,’ said Natasha in a mortified voice that trembled slightly. (She used the word ‘diplomat,’ which was just then much in vogue among the children, in the special sense they attached to it.) ‘Why does she bother me?’ And she added, turning to Vera, ‘You’ll never understand it, because you’ve never loved anyone. You have no heart! You are a Madame de Genlis and nothing more’ (this nickname, bestowed on Vera by Nicholas, was considered very stinging), ‘and your greatest pleasure is to be unpleasant to people! Go and flirt with Berg as much as you please,’ she finished quickly.

Why does he keep putting things in parentheses? And where's the war - shouldn't people be shooting each other by now?

You know what, I'm going to get to this later. I'm off to get ripped to the tits on some primo weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology

oh don’t worry the War part comes in the later part of the book but it’s mainly BLAM BLAM akakakakakkak POW auuuughhh KABOOOM for about 600 pages

• Locked thread