Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Dak'ir, Salamander Techmarine
Wrath Points: 1

They were letting the xeno drive. Back when Dak'ir was still just a scout, this would have been unthinkable. But now? Now he had no choice but to help the xeno drive an Imperial vehicle. Such were the desperate times they lived in.

"...There's a safety feature that prevents this vehicle from operating at peak efficiency, due to the large stress it would place on the engine. With the mounted gun removed, it should be fine to disable the engine limiter temporarily. No one mention this to the tech-priests normally in charge of maintenance for this rhino."

Playing my campaign card Speed Kills to double the speed of the rhino for one round, so we should move 96 meters this turn.

I'll probably go last for my turn, in case any of the traitor guard manage to damage the rhino, so I can perform emergency repairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current Glory: 6/8

Current Ruin:4/6

The two non-humans in the group spring into action after the second miss from the rocket launcher. Dak'ir begins the Litany of Fuel Discharge while adding a little refined promethium from his flamer into the fuel systems. Meanwhile the Eldar sternly, yet politely, moves Dotter out of the driver's seat and puts the vehicle into highest gear. That sudden shift along with Dak'ir Cult of Flame-based "encouragement" causes the vehicle to suddenly jump to a speed well outside of STC protocols.

At around the same time, the traitor with a Voss pattern grenade launcher angles the weapon in the air, attempting to arc a krak grenade onto the softer armored top of the Vehicle. However, the sudden burst of speed surprises the grenadier, and the shot goes way short, kicking up some dirt in the front of the vehicle.

Okay, I'll let Astus get his use of the campaign card in before Tricky takes the wheel, so the Rhino goes a full 96 rounds this turn. Astus your new campaign card is:

MORE DAKKA! Play while making any attack that uses reloads. You regain any reloads spent and may add +1d to the attack test.

Trooper goes to launch a Krak grenade at the Rhino. His BS is six, so that is his dice pool. He will aim for another +1, giving a total pool of seven. His DN is the rhino defense of 3+2 for speed, +2 for being outside of range of the Grenade Launcher, which has range of 40, for a DN of 7.

the roll was 6,4,4,2,2,1,1 the bold being the wrath die. So he misses.

Player action.

Current Distance 104m

Enemies (* means they have gone)
Mob of 20 Astra militarum troopers.
heavy weapon trooper-Plasma
Heavy weapon trooper-plasma
*One heavy weapon trooper- grenade launcher
*One heavy weapon trooper- missile launcher (hindered +1 DN on all tests)

players (* means they have gone)

*Sky
Dak'ir
Lyta
Gregori
Lauren
*Kaenera
Dotter

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current GLory 6/8

Current Ruin:5/6

The servants of the Imperium know the purpose of mechanized infantry fighting vehicles is to hopfully keep you alive until you make contact with the enemy. As such, the rest stay in the back of the Rhino as it plows towards the traitor position. The Traitors, faced with no other option, let loose with their weapons.

Both of the plasma gun wielding troopers seems to learn from the lessons of the Missile launcher troop and the grenade launcher, and they both manage to make enough correction on their shots to hit the rhino. Blue bolts of plasma impact the front of the Rhino, causing significant slagging and some uncomfortable heat to be felt by Kaenera.

well one plasma guy hits with a roll of 6,6,6,4,3,3,2 so he gets the 7 he needs to hit you, and nets me one more ruin. He gets nothing from the ED, so he does 15 damage to the Rhino with -3 AP so that is 3 whole wounds.

The other plasma guy also hits, rolling a 6,6,4,4,4,3,1 on his dice pool. He also does 3 wounds to the rhino.

tricky since you're driving I want you to act at the top of the round to decide what speed the rhino drives, because the distance might impact if the other players try to shoot or something.

Current Distance 104m

One heavy weapon trooper- grenade launcher
One heavy weapon trooper- missile launcher (hindered +1 DN on all tests)

Rhino: 9/15 wounds

Sky
Dak'ir
Lyta
Gregori
Lauren
Kaenera
Dotter

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Kaenera Uthel | Wrath: 1/2

Kaenera manages to wrangle the unwieldy APC into something approaching a steady approach, though the sheer speed still causes bounces and jarring vibrations that may well foul the aim of the others. She calls out to the rest of the squad, "The lights and buttons are beginning to flicker in a most uncanny fashion. I do not think that your machine can take much more, unless you can find some way to repair it!"

+2dn to all tests onboard, +2 defense, and we're chewing through 48m a turn.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current GLory 6/8

Kaenera keeps the throttle up on the vehicle, but whatever aid the Salamander had given seems to have worn off as the vehicle suddenly jerk and drops in speed. The drop in speed is just what the Missile launcher Traitor needs. The missile flies out of the barrel straight as a las shot and impacts the front of the Rhino's armor dead center. The shaped charge punches a hole in the front right near Kaenera and a lance of molten metal sprays right down the center of the vehicle and right out the back. Luckily none of the passengers are injured, but the spray of molten metal has seriously hampered the structural integrity of the vehicle, and did some sort of damage to the motive engines, as the rhino starts to veer left, but the Eldar can easily compensate.

Okay, so the missile guy is BS of 6 and will aim for 7. The DN of his test is 3defense+2for speed+1for hindered for a 6. He rolled a 6,4,4,3,3,2,2. So once again you wiff a krak missile. However, I'm going to spend a Ruin to reroll that failure.

The reroll is 6,6,6,6,4,2,1. So he gets the ruin back, rolls a 9, so I will shift one exalted Icon for an extra damage dice. The Krak does 16+4ED AP-2. I get two extra damage on the ED so that is 18 damage VS the Rhinos reduced AP of 13, so 5 more damage!

Player up!

Current Distance 56M

Rhino: 4/15 wounds

Sky
Dak'ir
Lyta
Gregori
Lauren
*Kaenera
Dotter

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Sky Breneman

The torrent of vitriol from Sky's mouth is only briefly interrupted by impact of the krak missile. Sky laughs at the troop with the missile launcher for his weak and ineffective shot and then turns his attention to the plasma-armed troopers, lamenting their poor training and low intelligence and expressing shock and dismay at their complete and utter lack of situational awareness as to not notice the loyalist detachment approaching from their rear.

Don't have the rules handy but I think 56m is out of range of my handcannon, so I'll do another interaction attack to give them +1DN.
Deception vs one of the heavy plasma guys for the ol' "hey look behind you"
8#1d6: 6 6 3 3 2 6 3 3
6 sucesses and a crit on the wrath die, which I'll put into glory.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current GLory 7/8

One of the troopers with a plasma weapon takes aim at the much closer Rhino, hoping to score yet another hit. However, the scum jutting out the top of vehicle points behind him yelling about reinforcements and he turns just as he fires his plasma gun, his poor trigger discipline almost taking out a trooper next to him as the ball of plasma goes practically perpendicular to their firing line and no where near the rhino.

Hindered plasma trooper only got two icons on his test so he misses.

Player up!

Current Distance 56M

*heavy weapon trooper-Plasma (Hindered +1 DN on all tests)

*Sky
Dak'ir
Lyta
Gregori
Lauren
*Kaenera
Dotter

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current Glory 7/8

Despite the fact that the Rhino is in worse condition and closer, the rest of the heavy weapon troops are unable to hit the rather boxy IFV heading right at their line. The Eldar slams on the accelerator bringing the vehicle a short distance from their lines, just as the traitor with the missile launcher fires another missile which goes right over the rhino.

Those inside are free to exit.

So the other plasma trooper and the nade launcher trooper both miss. I just went ahead and took your turn tricky assuming you'd floor it again, and had the missile launcher troop go in response, who also missed.

Player up!

Current Distance 8M

heavy weapon trooper-Plasma (Hindered +1 DN on all tests)

Sky
Dak'ir
Lyta
Gregori
Lauren
*Kaenera
Dotter

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Gregori the Merciful
Wounds: 7/7 | Shock: 7/7
Wrath: 1 | Faith: 2/2 | Reloads: 2/3
Defense: 2 | Resilience: 9*

Once again, faith was rewarded. Lesser men might have thought charging an entrenched position bristling with heavy weaponry was suicidal. For such lesser men, it would have been. But Gregori's faith never wavered, and so they had survived the storm. Now it was time to reap the whirlwind.

Gregori leaps from the vehicle, powering his way across the last few meters of open ground. The heretics fumbled to train their weapons on him, but it was far too late. The sheer reach of his massive weapon bought him the crucial seconds he needed. He leaps forward and brings his blade down with a cry of victory that almost drowns out the Eviscerator's throaty roar. Blood and gore fly in all directions.

The Eviscerator has a 2m range so I can juuuust reach the unhindered Plasma Gunner with my 6m Charge. I'm assuming the base Defense is 3.

Eviscerate Plasma Gunner (11 vs DN 5? (3 +2 Unwieldy): 11#1d6x4! 2 0 0 2 0 2 0 1 0 1 2, 10 icons and a 6 on the Wrath Die for +1 Glory and a Critical Hit! Shifting 2 Exalteds for damage, assuming I've got the right DN.

Damage (AP -4 Brutal): 0 0 2 1, I hosed this roll up but I can just use the first 4 results, so 13 damage before Resilience and Soak.

Critical Hit: 42 "Vicious Counterstrike: The fury of this blow causes horrific pain, disintegrating pieces of the foe’s body in a scene of carnage and woe. Effect: Target suffers +1d3 Mortal Wounds. Severity: +1 Mortal Wound."

Critical Hit Damage: 1 Mortal Wound, and I will spend the Glory I generated with the crit to add +1 Mortal Wound if this guy isn't already dead.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 23, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current Glory 8/8

Gregori flies out of the rhino, the Emperor's vengeance made manifest. He brings his eviscerator down on the plasma trooper with a wild overhead chop. All the trooper can do is put up his plasma gun to try and block the blow, a maneuver the Mechanicus would be none to proud of and certianly not complaint with Militarum training. It seems for a second that the trooper might actually fend off the attack, until the plasma containment chamber ruptures under the constant razor-sharp lapping of the chain weapon. The rupture does not result in a catastrophic explosion, but instead causes quickly cooling plasma to spill out over the guardsman. He drops the plasma gun as his armor melts to his skin and clothing erupts from the sudden flash up, but thankfully for him, Gregori cuts the man in two, going diagonally from his right shoulder, across his torso, and ending the bisection around the left hip.

The other plasma trooper shouts out a curse and turns his weapon upon Gregori, hoping to avenge her comrade. She flips the plasma gun to maximal setting and an increased hum is heard for a split second before she fires a salvo right into the Priest, bathing him in blue light.

So even with extra wounds from being an "elite" you super overkill the plasma trooper. He only had six wounds, 8 resilience with 3 of that from armor, so 5 vs your 13 damage was overkill. Also, these guys have 4 defense while behind cover, and two if you get up close around it. So you actually had one more exalted shift.

Okay, so the other plasma trooper goes to overkill gregori. Base BS is 6. Minus 1 for hindered is 5. You are at close range, which is less than half, so another +1 for back to six. Your Defense is 2 it appears. They roll a 6,4,3,2,1,1 so they get three icons, enough to hit you. So the plasma gun does 15+1 damage. However, it has rapid fire 1, which gives it a bonus damage die when fired in close range. They also decided to flip on the supercharge, so it does +2ED for a total of 15+4. That dice roll is 6,4,3,1 so three additional wounds, for a total of 18 damage.

You have 9 resilience so he does 9 wounds to you.

Player up!

Current Distance 8M

*heavy weapon trooper-Plasma (Hindered +1 DN on all tests)

Sky
Dak'ir
Lyta
*Gregori
Lauren
*Kaenera
Dotter

Werix fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 29, 2019

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Gregori the Merciful
Wounds: 2/7 | Shock: 2/7

The blue-white salvo of overcharged plasma bolts is joined by the brilliant flashes of Gregori's Rosarius triggering. When the light clears, the mad priest still stands, even though most of his exposed flesh is already beginning to peel and sections of his robe have burnt onto his skin. Swaying but still standing, he whips his massive chainsword into position and grins through the pain (pain is only heresy leaving the body, after all).

"Not dead, yet, TRAITORS! NOT EVEN CLOSE!"

Spending 1 Shock to Soak, Soak 4: 0 1 1 2, so that's 5 Shock and 5 Wounds.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Lyta Hatcher, Ordo Xenos acolyte
Wrath: 2
Wounds: -

Moving to the front of the tank, the acolyte withdrew the data-cord from her wrist and joined her mind to the vehicle's machine spirit, coaxing its communications array to broadcast static on multiple bands. Perhaps one of the traitors hadn't secured and checked their micro-beads properly.

Sorry, saw that DoD was the last to post and didn't realize it was a soak response.
Tech Interaction vs Grenadier (TN = highest of their tech or resolve): 12#1d6 2 4 5 5 5 3 5 1 5 3 3...
Moving 1m closer, 8 Icons, 1 available shift, all towards Hindering the heavy weapons grenadier that hasn't acted yet.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current Glory 8/8

From inside the rhino Dotter puts his head in his hands as he watches the acolytes work. Between the gun skills, sword skills, and astartes flamer skills, the acolytes make quick work of the traitors. Dotter is relieved as he has nothing but contempt for his traitorous former guardsmen, but there is a bit of perverse anger that his troops, traitor as they were, didn't put up more of a fight against a ragtag group of xenos and Imperial servants.

Dotter jumps out of the Rhino and heads quickly towards the silent artillery piece and quickly sets about adjusting the weapon towards a facing away from his troops and towards the other artillery pieces. He requests the cell to help him load and fire the piece. To his horror, the rounds he desired to use from a crate marked airbust incendiary is almost empty. It is then that his attention turns to the distance where his troops had been stationed in their makeshift camp and sees the ridge in the distance is on fire. To stop from facing the full realization of what that means, Dotter takes to methodically having the team load the artillery piece as he made a creeping crawl with incendiary shells towards the other guns. One by one the distance fills with smoke before the sound distant ammo cooking off and the lack of the sound of one more gun in the distance.

Finally, the last explosion is heard, and all guns are silent.

At about the same time, a vox set nearby is putting off emergency signals. As the whole cell is not needed to load the artillery piece (in truth Dak'ir could do it himself) some of the cell attend to the vox set. It is filled with reports from all over Ata'tah. The capital city is in chaos. Reports of fires and utility outages abound. The Governor's place is putting out requests to the PDF that are going unanswered. It appears whatever is happening here to the 495th Mitoch'jaian Stonewalls is happening across the capital.

Dotter comes over, slumping next to the vox as the emotional toll finally settles on him all at once. Dotter finally takes the ruck sack off his back and starts to stare at the sheets of paper, "that's everything I had on the 412th and the Lilth IV compliance campaign. Mostly lists of those that enlisted and those that came back. Was all I could grab while I was in the bunker. I hope whatever is on the data looms you grabbed isn't wiped, as that will be more complete."

He stares at the page he's looking at and then leaps up shouting, "Thor's bleeding wounds, I know right where you should begin!" He slams the page down marked "returned soldiers" and points to one name. "Private Helen Mass. You need to find wherever she currently is, because whomever used her name when they returned isn't her. Helen was in another squad in my company. She died in the final days of the conflict before the cease fire. I know she died as my squad loving buried her. So unless the chunk of torso and head we buried came back to life, someone claiming to be her came back here. The info from the cogitator might know more."

Dotter looks to the radio, which never ceased broadcasting before throwing the rhino keys Kaenera. I've got to go see if I have any men left, because the city sounds like she needs them. You should do whatever you inquisition types do. You were working with the Arbites yeah? Maybe you should link up with them. Or if you were planning to get other intel from other locations, you might want to go there, as the fucks responsible for this little rebellion clearly didn't want you getting this information, they might be destroying other info as we speak. I'll round up whatever men I can and link up with the Governor. The Stonewalls are tough, some of them must have survived out there."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Gregori the Merciful
Wounds: 2/7 | Shock: 2/7

Gregori shakes the last chunks of traitor off his weapon and then leans against it, trying not to look as injured as he felt. Adrenaline and fervor had given way to pain and exhaustion. He would have to castigate himself thoroughly later for this weakness. 500 lash strokes while reciting the Fifth Canto of Purgation would be an acceptable start. But that would come later: for now, there were heretics to be purged, and by the Emperor, he was the one to purge them.

"The Arbites will be moving to address the situation and will no doubt have some idea of who is responsible by now. I say we should head straight for them."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Lyta bit her lip as the vox unit told of spreading catastrophe.

"Let me see what you managed to recover. Hopefully it will be enough. Though the impersonation is troubling. Obviously we can't have you inspect everyone, but your recognition here at least means we won't be surprised at a later and likely more perilous point, and for that I thank you."

Checking the papers and the data would keep her mind off the planet slowly catching fire beneath her feet.

Gonna check out whatever we've managed to recover. Let me know what needs rolling, if anything.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current Glory 8/8

The Pieces Fit

The acolytes take the nearly destroyed Rhino and bid Dotter farewell as he goes and tries to peace together some sort of fighting force. As the Rhino sputters and rattles towards Ata' tah it becomes quickly clear that the damage to the city is not as severe as it appeared from a distance. There are three large columns of smoke in the distance, but traffic is rather normal, and general chaos seems to be absent. Things become slightly more chaotic when the cell comes to the Arbites Judicial District. It takes five minutes of arguing with the guards at the gate to let the cell in, not even relenting when an Astartes climbs out the back. They do eventually open the gates, and the cell park the rhino among a dozen other arbites rhinos that have arbiters in combat armor loading into them.

The cell takes the data looms and heads down to the Special Investigations Division where they find Inspector Shea strapping on some combat armor, having some trouble cinching up the sides, not from size, but inexperience. As the cell files in he gives out a sigh of relief and asks what happened. Once filled in on what happened at the Imperial Guard training grounds, he slumps down in his chair. "Yeah, so you guys were sniffing up the right damned trees. While you were out dealing with the Guard going traitor one regiment of the PDF went AWOL with all their equipment and two heavily armed teams stormed the Administratum headquarters, the the planetary government archives, and the central church, and firebombed them."

Shea stands back up. "Look, this is serious. The Head Judge has stepped in. He's about to declare marshal law, lock down the streets, and institute 'vanguard protocol'. The finding of cult activity and these sudden attacks have the hallmarks of disruption to planetary governance we usually see before Tyranid invasion or before a damned Alpha Legion or Word Bearers fleet jumps in system. I'm being sent with some fellow arbites to hold the space port so we still have a way off world for the governor and other VIPs. You're on the list. No one would blame you if you left now." Not waiting for a reply, Shea silently excuses himself and leaves the room.

Lyta immediately gets to work on recovering the data from the data looms, which is a rather easy task. The traitor lieutenant just went into the system and "deleted" the records, but all that does is mark then loom sectors as free and can be overwritten, but as they were not, recovering the data is easy. The cell looks into the information on Helen Mass. The pictures of the two privates could not have been more different. The Helen Mass of recruitment was a young woman with a large build and short blonde hair. The Picture taken at discharge processing of Helen Mass was of an average build woman of middle age with silver streaked raven hair. The cell tries to cross check records with the central government files but when the connection comes back as broken, they remember that the planetary archives are currently on fire.

So the cell runs the name past internal arbites datalooms and finds a few references to her being the proprietor of Veteran of Interplanetary Wars Post 192340. It is when Lyta runs the DNA sample taken on her return against arbites most wanted records that they finally get a break, but not one they wanted. The Cogitator screen spits up the following:

pre:
++PRIORITY TARGET++

++NAME: TORI GILMARTIN ++
++AGE: 201 (STAGE 2 JUVINAT TREATMENTS)++

++OCCUPATION: PROVOCATEUR. FORMER INQUISITOR, ORDO HERETICUS

++CRIMES: WANTED BY THE ORDO HERETICUS FOR MULTIPLE CRIMES OF INSTIGATING REBELLION. DEEP INFILTRATION OPERATIVE WHO SPECIALIZES IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PLANETARY CONDITIONS 
AND CREATING ANTI-IMPERIAL ELEMENTS. 

NO KNOWN CONNECTION TO FORCES OF CHAOS. TYPICALLY CREATES ORGANIZATIONS OPPOSED TO THE IMPERIUM BY STIRRING UP LOCAL ANTI-IMPERIAL SENTIMENT. 

IF THE INDIVIDUAL WITH THIS GENE CODE IS IN CURRENT ARBITES CUSTODY ORDERS ARE IMMEDIATE LIQUIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL BE 
CONSIDERED HERESY LEVEL BETA AND PUNISHED ACCORDINGLY. 

THIS GENE CODE QUERY HAS BEEN LOGGED AND SENT TO THE ORDO HERETICUS.++ 
It would appear that going to the local Imperial Guard forces was the correct call. The cell now has a lead, the VIW post is her last known location. But how will the cell approach it? Will they sneak in? Or assault the VIW post?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Sky Breneman

"Well good news, Shea," Sky says looking up from the cogitator screen, "It's not tyranids. Probably. No, what we have here is a good old fashioned Inquisitor gone bad, which means if she knows we're on-world she'll be wise to our tricks. I say we hit hard and fast at her last known location, see if we get lucky." Sky stops and looks Shea up and down. The poor man was clearly unused to doing his own field work. "Get us a rhino full of arbites and we'll kick the hornets' nest."

If there's a troop of Arbites available I vote we use them to kick the door down while some or all of us sneak in through the back. The place is probably booby-trapped to all hell, though.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

"Checking for unauthorized editing or directory errors... no, this is legitimate. As far as I can reckon, at least."

When the hiver suggested the frontal approach, Lyta took a long look at him, the Astartes, the acolyte, and the redemptionist. Then down at her laspistol, swearing.

"Throne above, let us hope the Emperor continues to favor the bold."

Hard entry does seem our style.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Gregori the Merciful
Wounds: 5/7 | Shock: 5/7
Wrath: 1 | Faith: 0/2 | Reloads: 2/3

"The Emperor always favors the bold. Glorious victory and glorious death are both rewards. But let us pray that we are favored with victory this day and every day beyond it, that we might pile up the bodies of many more of His foes!"

Gregori swivels his massive blade downward and grasps the hilt with both hands. The gesture would have been more dramatic if it had been possible to thrust the weapon into the floor; instead, it makes an angry metallic clank and puts an ugly scratch on the floor of Arbites HQ.

"Oh holy God-Emperor, who reigns on Terra for all eternity, hear the prayer of your humble servants and the xeno. Favor us with might. Shower us with glory! And grant your enemies the mercy of swift and violent death! AMEN!"

When he returns his weapon to his back, he wipes spittle from his lips with one hand. The ash wiped away from his skin reveals that the plasma burns underneath have faded almost completely. Gregori either doesn't notice or isn't surprised.

I'm assuming we have enough time off to count it as a Regroup (pg 269), which refills our Shock and gives us an opportunity to make Medicae tests. Of course, a successful Medicae test in a Regroup only restores 1 Wound and I'm almost dead, so I'm just gonna blow two points of shock to Faith my pain away.

Faith Healing: 2

FAITH INTENSIFIES: 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Current Glory 8/8

Dynamic Entry

By the time the group finishes their investigation into the Militarum records it becomes clear that a full frontal assault on this Veteran of Interplanetary Wars Post 192340 was in order. The group tries to raise Shea on the coms, and all they get is a quick reply that there is heavy fighting at the space port against insurgent elements. When they tell him about the fact that famed Instigator Tori Gilmartin is on world he indicates he will pass it along to the Head Judge, and then the coms go down. It does not sound like any forces from the arbites will be joining the kill team. The team still decides that decisive action is their best course, and make their way out to the nearly busted Militarum Rhino, and then make their way out to this VIW Post.

During the drive there, the full situation becomes apparent. What had been a series of fires at targeted structures has become full blown chaos. It almost appears that the presence of the Arbites and the PDF in the streets has sent the message that civil unrest is the new order of things, and a number of citizens are out looting from stores and setting fire to buildings. Besides the civilians, clear signs of the damage done by Gilmartin's rhetoric can be seen. Groups of the armed "cultists", though maybe insurgents is the more proper word, are engaging in skirmishes with the local PDF, Arbites, and loyal law enforcement. Auto and las gun fire rains down from buildings onto the exposed defenders of order below.

The team has to make a slight detour when they find themselves in the middle of a skirmish between PDF forces. Which side is loyal and which side were traitor was hard to tell, though when someone with a grenade launcher fired very close to the already banged up rhino, the team quickly reversed. Eventually the team finds their way to the VIW Post. A couple of the more lithe members of the team hop out a block before and do some scouting. The building is a squat, one storey affair with a rather large footprint. One part of the structure is clearly some sort of drinking establishment, a board next to the door advertises drink specials and that Thursdays are "Mentor" night, and a bar can be seen through windows. The other half of the building has no visible windows, but is likely some sort of meeting or banquet hall.

Two men stand out front armed with lasguns, clearly on edge. The parking lot in front is about 30 meters and full of cars. It could be possible to use the vehicles as cover to get close enough to ambush the two guards. There is also a set of double doors on the banquet hall side of things. While it would likely knock the vehicle out of commission, the group could charge the rhino right up the street and through the door into the banquet hall. There are also some buildings nearby, that could lend to getting around and to the side of the two guards, but it is unknown if there are any side or back doors.

Okay, no arbites support, but you got a damned astartes with you. Minimal guard up front. Anyone who is stealthy enough could try to sneak up through the parking lot and taking out the two guards. You can also ram the rhino into the side doors to the banquet hall. Yes Dachhundofdoom, you do get a rest period.

The outside is essentially this, from what you can see from the front:

Yellow is the parking lot, which is full of cars. Star is the two guards. Blue windows, brown the two doors. If anyone wants to sneak up, it is a standard DN of 3, plus one additional die due to it being twilight. These guys are sentries, so it will be against active, not passive, awareness.

So you going to sneak up and take out the guards, drive up the middle and crash the party, or some combination?