Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
FactsAreUseless did nothing wrong. They are harsh but fair when they dole out the probes. I've taken a couple and it was always for a good reason.
SA has its history of lovely mods and and admins but they're not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

BexGu posted:

He did a bit more then cussing about Trump on twitter.

:laffo: I could watch idiots on social media torpedo their careers all day.

Like did he think if his burns were sick enough that Trump would disappear? You're primary income is working for a massive corporation that is really, really interested in keeping their "wholesome" image intact, and you decide to say a lot of vulgar stuff towards a guy with a massive following of people who have a track record of "going to your boss" if they find something nasty online.

This is just the last week.

Mississippi community college worker no longer employed after racist comments on social media
PGCPS employee admits to using the 'N-word' in viral video posted on social media
Regional One fired a nurse for a racist T-shirt. But how can employers screen for bigotry?
2 Pritzker campaign staffers fired for charcoal mask social media post
Professor Fired for Anti-Semitic Posts Sues Oberlin
Lakeland Regional Health nurse Alexandra Suchocki fired for making racist post on Snapchat

Also, why are there so many racist nurses?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Blistex posted:

Nurses want to be like doctors, doctors are rich, the rich are Republican, Republicans are racist Q.E.D. nurses are racist.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Just want to update that the two rumored directors Marvel Studios wants to replace Gunn are Travis Knight (Kubo & The Two Strings, Bumblebee) and Paul Feig (Bridesmaids, Spy, Ghostbusters 2016).

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/11/16/word-on-the-street-says-the-director-of-bumblebee-might-helm-guardians-of-t

I just saw Kubo & The Two Strings. It was good. If Travis Knight is the new director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 he'll definitely be able to get the visual effects down pat. But really when this whole James Gunn controversy broke I was always less annoyed about the fact that an above-average Marvel movies series might have to have a different director, and more annoyed that Disney firing a high-profile director as soon as a Pizzagate conspiracist said he was a pedophile would further lead to an exponential increase in mobs of right-wing conspiracy idiots running around the internet screaming "PEDOPHILE!" at people they don't like.

On that related note, if you want a good laugh, go to Panera Bread's Twitter account and look at the comments beneath their new series of ads featuring Rainn Wilson.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Paul Feig is the guy that tried to hide behind feminism because he's the poor man's Judd Apatow when movie goers have gotten tired of actual Judd Apatow.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sucrose posted:

I just saw Kubo & The Two Strings. It was good. If Travis Knight is the new director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 he'll definitely be able to get the visual effects down pat. But really when this whole James Gunn controversy broke I was always less annoyed about the fact that an above-average Marvel movies series might have to have a different director, and more annoyed that Disney firing a high-profile director as soon as a Pizzagate conspiracist said he was a pedophile would further lead to an exponential increase in mobs of right-wing conspiracy idiots running around the internet screaming "PEDOPHILE!" at people they don't like.

On that related note, if you want a good laugh, go to Panera Bread's Twitter account and look at the comments beneath their new series of ads featuring Rainn Wilson.

wait people think that Dwight Schrutte from the office is the head of a pedo cult? lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idk what if he is? Maybe he learned to be a creep in bad tv shows thru method acting

naem
May 29, 2011

yeah, the bears, beets, battlestar glaaxtica guy, def a smooth criminal

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

naem posted:

wait people think that Dwight Schrutte from the office is the head of a pedo cult? lol

Apparently this insane woman who used to be a journalist and now believes in QAnon has been screaming about it for the last couple days.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
this movie's producers really jumped the gunn this time

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

rodbeard posted:

Paul Feig is the guy that tried to hide behind feminism because he's the poor man's Judd Apatow when movie goers have gotten tired of actual Judd Apatow.
:chloe:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I think it's time for some legislation on...Gunn control

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Sucrose posted:

Apparently this insane woman who used to be a journalist and now believes in QAnon has been screaming about it for the last couple days.

Update: The insane woman with 100k followers who used to be a journalist and who has spent the past few days accusing Dwight from the Office of being in a satanic pedo cult has just been banned from twitter.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Trump is killing free speech as we know it...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

He did a great job for the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lodin posted:

SA has its history of lovely mods and and admins but they're not one of them.

*COUGH*JOSE*COUGH*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blazing Ownager posted:

*COUGH*JOSE*COUGH*

hey you have a nazi avatar, gently caress you

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sucrose posted:

Update: The insane woman with 100k followers who used to be a journalist and who has spent the past few days accusing Dwight from the Office of being in a satanic pedo cult has just been banned from twitter.

Hmm awful suspicious that Twitter would move so quickly while actual Nazis can stay on for months to years...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You don’t mess with national treasure Dwight from the Office!!!!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's official. He's writing and directing it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-talks-direct-suicide-squad-sequel-1181436

The pic has the title of The Suicide Squad and is not being labeled a direct sequel but as a relaunch. The 2016 original movie featured the characters Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker, Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, who are forced into the service of the government in exchange for lighter prison sentences.

Sources say that Gunn’s focus is to take the franchise in a new direction with a mostly all-new cast of characters and actors. Sources also say that the project is also very much rooted in Gunn’s vibe, as seen in the Guardians movies.

Charles Roven and Peter Safran will produce the feature. Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder are acting as executive producers.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

*COUGH*JOSE*COUGH*

Leave 'im alone. He can't help it.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Goddamn it really is hilarious how DC's attempt to ape Marvel's cinematic universe really loving folded. Even more hilarious when they keep trying to "fix" the parts that aren't broken, like Henry Cavill as Superman.

I mean, I'm tired as gently caress of comic book movies, but I'd like to see at least one more solid Superman movie before I die.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
One more? Don't you mean one?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's official. He's writing and directing it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-talks-direct-suicide-squad-sequel-1181436

The pic has the title of The Suicide Squad and is not being labeled a direct sequel but as a relaunch. The 2016 original movie featured the characters Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker, Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, who are forced into the service of the government in exchange for lighter prison sentences.

Sources say that Gunn’s focus is to take the franchise in a new direction with a mostly all-new cast of characters and actors. Sources also say that the project is also very much rooted in Gunn’s vibe, as seen in the Guardians movies.

Charles Roven and Peter Safran will produce the feature. Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder are acting as executive producers.

Looking forward to “DC SUPER PETS” :am:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mojo1701a posted:

I mean, I'm tired as gently caress of comic book movies, but I'd like to see at least one more solid Superman movie before I die.

In order to sit here in judgement of you we are going to need to know what Superman movie you think was good. The one with the Goku fights and killer Superman, the boring one with the kid from Rushmore, or the nerdy spandex guy with all the corny jokes?

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reboot a one movie franchise that's two years old, that sounds like a good plan.

There just isn't enough comic books for us to make a different movie :shrug:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CassandraZara posted:

Reboot a one movie franchise that's two years old, that sounds like a good plan.

The lesson that DC learned from Aquaman's success is that shared universe movies don't work, because those people in charge are loving idiots.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CassandraZara posted:

Suicide Squad was loving garbage, this will also be garbage like every DC movie.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Every superhero movie is loving dogshit

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Blistex posted:

Nurses tend to see an overwhelming amount of Medicaid patients, and if you're poor enough to qualify for Medicaid, your life is probably a living hell, so you may not always be the most pleasant person to be around. A less discerning person might chalk your personality up to your race and not the sum of the unfair circumstances in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

mojo1701a posted:

Goddamn it really is hilarious how DC's attempt to ape Marvel's cinematic universe really loving folded. Even more hilarious when they keep trying to "fix" the parts that aren't broken, like Henry Cavill as Superman.

if you want a superman movie just watch superman 3 and shut the gently caress up. distilled comic book.

comic books are poo poo and movies are poo poo