Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

OUJI-SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

an actual dog posted:

If you haven't picked this up again now that it's back from the break do it it rules
i'll do it!!!!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
this week's ep was great :unsmith:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

agreed, this show rules

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I'm going to start running again soon and I'll have to time my long runs to be on the day I watch this, because drat it's inspiring

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Haiji :unsmith:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm gunna catch up on this show this weekend!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Knorth posted:

I'm gunna catch up on this show this weekend!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SHINDO-SAAAAAAAAAN :negative:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Just finished Episode 8 and im so mad at kakeru!!! I was glad that someone gave him the "All you care about is speed, no one here isn't trying their best, chill out dude" talk, but he's still antagonistic to Prince, after Prince both had a breakdown over getting a treadmill so he can work out better and when he yelled at Kakeru's ex-classmate about how much he appreciates that no one in the dorm has ever given him poo poo about being slow.

I'm sure Kakeru's gonna develop more, I liked his talk with Nico-chan-senpai about not giving up again (i also love how it's brought up this talk might've been a bad thing) but c'mon buddy, stop picking on Prince!

really glad I let the episodes build up, i'm excited to watch more

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Kakeru's arc in the show has felt really good imo, because it's never like he has his Very Special Episode and now his issues are resolved. Instead, it's just a bunch of interactions where he's sort of slowly working through his issues and coming around on how to present his feelings in a healthier way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I don't want it sound like "boy why can't Kakeru just be cool already", i'm just surprised by how much he's got to grow. like drat dude, prince just came down to get some water and you're just telling him to quit. i like that they've set up as a genuine block he has, like both haiji and nico-chan have given him their reasons for running and some ideas to think on and nothing they've said really clicks for him, and that bothers him

his character so far has mostly been just clenching his fists and scowling so im excited to see him grow

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah I don't want it sound like "boy why can't Kakeru just be cool already", i'm just surprised by how much he's got to grow. like drat dude, prince just came down to get some water and you're just telling him to quit. i like that they've set up as a genuine block he has, like both haiji and nico-chan have given him their reasons for running and some ideas to think on and nothing they've said really clicks for him, and that bothers him

his character so far has mostly been just clenching his fists and scowling so im excited to see him grow

I'm glad to say that Kakeru grows into one of the goodest boys in a cast of good boys very organically. Episode 10 should be a treat for you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the character arcs are well done in this show

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

this is a really good show in general, sad to see not many people watch it. Although the bloody shoes in the most recent episode was a bit dramatic

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

SHINDO-SAAAAAAAAAN :negative:

catching up and gently caress that section was heart-wrenching to watch

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Ending of Ep. 10 had me clapping, the first ten episodes could honestly just be it's own story. So excited that I'm not even halfway done

I still just get instantly mad when Kakeru says stuff like "It won't be enough, Prince" but I like that when he's actually in arguments with the characters he has beef with, he like always loses. Watching him become helpful and supportive has been great

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, King-san. I think I am you. It's a bit freaky how the writers stole my identity.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
aaaaa Episode 13 - 14 were so warm and happy. My heart is so full, I love sports shows so much

im honestly scared for the next ten episodes i want my boys to be happy

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
This just ended today, with a great finale imo.

Mob Psycho is my favorite all-time manga, and the anime adaptation is excellent, and I'd still have a pretty hard time picking between that and this for AOTY.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I don't know what made me laugh more in the epilogue: Nira's puppies or Musa's goatee.

All in all, quite beautiful, touching, all those loving platitudes I can possibly muster as someone who loves team sports/club manga & anime as much as me.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

god, this show was good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pretty much a perfect ending for a perfect show. Gonna be one of my must-recommends.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Definitely a good run this season. I usually don’t give a poo poo about sport animes, yet this one very quickly became endearing. Most of the characters are interesting in their own rights and have a decent progression. The art is also top quality.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Shindo-san has the strongest will in the country!!!!!

everyone face-timing him on three different phones is one of the cutest things in a sports show

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 3, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Shindo-san has the strongest will in the country!!!!!

everyone face-timing him on three different phones is one of the cutest things in a sports show

I felt really bad for his family though :(

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wowwwwwww

Every episode is so loving good, how are more people not talking about this? Every character is painted with thin, yet deep strokes, turning people I wasn't interested in like King and the twins into interesting and deeply relatable figures. Stuff like Yuki feeling powerless about the changes in his family life and Jota accepting that running was the first world he and his brother couldn't always be in together really floored me. I sorta wish that kind of thing had been explored more in just a straight up drama but I enjoy that it's a bit more subtle here. I was really curious about how they were going to handle doing the actual Hakone and making it everyone's individual crucible has been perfect, I'm so so invested

I have one episode left and I'm treasuring it, gonna try and save it for tonight.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Wow, absolutely perfect. I loved every bit of it and I'm genuinely angry to see it go. I really can't think of much else to say other than

The mountains of Hakone are?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Plowed through this with my other half inside a week, which is a truly ridiculous speed for us. Phenomenal all around.

I kept on waiting for someone to hand Prince an inhaler, but they never did. Seriously, get him checked out for asthma.