Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Problem description: Trying to get widescreen monitor to split down the middle and behave as if it were 2 independent screens from 1 source.

Attempted fixes: I can snap the windows to the left or right half of the screen, which is okay, except for during videos (full screen in particular). The user manual and the support site from MSI don't tell me if this is possible. I've tried searching Google but haven't found a fix.

Recent changes: Just got the monitor.

Operating system: Windows 10 Home.

I just bought an MSI MAG341CQ. https://www.microcenter.com/product/512508/optix-mag341cq-34-uw-qhd-100hz-dvi-hdmi-dp-freesync-curved-gaming-led-monitor

I switched from 2 monitors to this. I love it and it's huge and was an excellent price. However, I am trying to find a way to 'split' the screen down the middle and treat the two halves as independent screens, for things such as a full screen YouTube video on 1 half and a web browser on the other. I can't find a way so far in either the manual, MSI's website, or otherwise. Whenever I press Full Screen on a video, it just occupies the entire screen.

Can anyone help?

edit: updated to the template for pertinent info.

johnny sack fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepBlue
Jul 7, 2004

SHMEH!!!
I would try connecting two video cables, assuming that you have support for the connections between your video card/motherboard and the new monitor.

Two cables will tell your video card to send two different signals to the monitor, which will then allow your monitor to display both feeds side-by-side.

Edit: This also assumes that your monitor has the side-by-side (or sometimes referred to as picture-by-picture) support. This method will not work otherwise.

Edit2: Your monitor supports PBP (picture-by-picture), so this method should work for you.

DeepBlue fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Oct 29, 2018

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Okay, so I was able to get it to work but the image size was way screwed up. To clarify, I got the screen to project dual images as if it were side by side monitors, with a left and right screen (identified as 1 and 2 in Windows). But, the pictures were so small. I tried changing the resolution of each 'screen' but couldn't get anything reasonable.

• Locked thread