Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"industries"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

"industries"

I mean they are asking for writers

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Be nice to my friend Kimoa

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
"WWE is searching for a #Creative Writer's Assistant with WWE knowledge" my arse, it's well known that Vince and co. view a writer having actual knowledge of their product as a detriment, rather than an asset

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Does it really matter if you have any experience if they're just going to junk your story at 7:58pm on a Monday Night anyway because Vince got distracted by the picture on the side of a truck driving by which reminded him of Diesel who is Kevin Nash as in Nashville the music like Jeff Jarrett sang but it was his roadie who actually san... HAHA PAL, THROW EVERYTHING OUT! TONIGHT IS A DX REUNION!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
speaking of junk and RAW tonight's show seems pretty bad

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
[Show Open] Commentators spend several minutes putting over the huge success of WWE Crown Jewel, make sure to personally thank Mr. McMahon for making the WWE's international moves possible

Triple H's music plays

HHH comes out, cuts 10-20 minute promo about his incredible victory through injury, commentators must focus on putting over how tough HHH is, and that young wrestlers should learn from his example.

Riott Squad vs Sasha, Bayley, Natalya

Commentators should ignore match to hype up the main event of Braun Strowman vs Baron Corbin, and upcoming Finn Balor vs Bobby Lashley match.

Commentators put over The Undertaker looking as good as ever, wonder if he will return again.

Finn Balor vs Bobby Lashley

14 minutes: Match ends in double countout after Balor chases Lio Rush around ringside. Lashley beats him up post match. Commentators hype rematch next week.

~

This job is so loving easy, hire me

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

This job is so loving easy, hire me

Sincerely thought you were posting actual spoilers until this line, not kidding.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

having read the spoilers, one of those is pretty accurate

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Sincerely thought you were posting actual spoilers until this line, not kidding.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
YAY

https://twitter.com/ViewsHawkeNest/status/1059573712821936128

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"WWE is searching for a #Creative Writer's Assistant with WWE knowledge" my arse, it's well known that Vince and co. view a writer having actual knowledge of their product as a detriment, rather than an asset

They view fans with scorn. If there was someone who loathed the product and it's fans while having an intimate knowledge of the product and a willingness to keep showing up and accepting the abuse then they'd probably love to have them.

So this thread should apply.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im the new head writer of raw AMA

and as i said there was something really pathetic in dx vs brothers and it made me apreciate Flair even more, the dude was the ultimate prowrestler: from the bloodbath against foley, his cage mage against hhh and is final match with shawn all good to great matches. Even now i think he, on a psycological level, could still pull off something.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 6, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GuyInGreenWWE/status/1059611513101545472

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This is probably an unpopular opinion (and I'm serious when I say this), but I think Tamina and Nia Jax are the two unsafest workers among the main roster women.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nia jax and tamina are loving trash

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
When you're as big a star as Tamina is you can get away with anything

DarkstarIV posted:

This is probably an unpopular opinion (and I'm serious when I say this), but I think Tamina and Nia Jax are the two unsafest workers among the main roster women.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to even limit that by saying women, possibly even main roster

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1056697007916503040

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

aww goddamnit she was so great on upupdowndown as guest GM

DoctorGonzo posted:

nia jax and tamina are loving trash

x1000

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tamina's been ""wrestling"" for about a decade now and learned arguably nothing

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Tamina's been ""wrestling"" for about a decade now and learned arguably nothing

To be fair, hasn't she been like...injured for like 75% of her career? I can barely remember anything memorable about her other than she's real bad in the ring.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Saint Freak posted:

Small Brain: Work your employees to death
McMahon Brain: Work your employees into beating each other to death

Reminds me of a job posting I saw that listed "Death in service" as a benefit

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

what the gently caress did snuka have on vince to get him to both cover up a murder and give his lovely daughter/neice a perma-job

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WWE is so much safer than those bingo halls, guys.

DarkstarIV posted:

This the third time Nia's been extremely unsafe with someone and the second time it's led to injury in like two years. Take care of your opponent, for gently caress's sake.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DarkstarIV posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what the gently caress did snuka have on vince to get him to both cover up a murder and give his lovely daughter/neice a perma-job

Really great Madison Square Garden numbers?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tamina is the most unsafe worker I’ve ever seen.

Nia isn’t even in her galaxy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

didn't Tamina gently caress up Naomi's eye like 4 years ago

how has she not improved a lick since then

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

When you're from the right family it doesn't matter if you ever improve or even put in effort

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Mr. Carlisle posted:

When you're from the right family it doesn't matter if you ever improve or even put in effort

TRUMP

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Who the gently caress writes a spot that is potentially very dangerous, and gets those 3 to do it? They need to brief the agents that some wrestlers are incompetent or have specific dangerous faults.

Like you wouldn't book Titus, Kane or Miz to catch someone.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i thought writers just had notes like "nia throws vega out of the ring" and then agents put the rest together

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Who the gently caress writes a spot that is potentially very dangerous, and gets those 3 to do it? They need to brief the agents that some wrestlers are incompetent or have specific dangerous faults.

Lance Storm told an interesting story recently about Snitsky, where he was working with him in OVW (or whatever the equivalent was at the time) and reported back to WWE that while he had potential, he was very green and in no way ready to be on the main roster. Then WWE said they were sending down Arn Anderson to check him out to see if he was ready for the main roster. Arn showed up, worked with him for a few days, then told Lance,"He has potential but he's very green and in no way ready to be on the main roster" and went back and told the head guys at WWE that.

The next week Snitsky was on the main roster.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It wasnt his fault

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzu posted:

1) By not giving a poo poo about the safety of any of their employees.
2) They would. And did. See: Shawn Michaels' face (although Kane did actually try to catch Shawn on that one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Great win for Bobby Lashley tonight against some enhancement talent.

• Locked thread