Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Last night I went out and played "killer queen" at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati. It was a very byob game, & the community was very friendly.

Have any of you played killer queen?

Oh, and for those of you who don't live in a major US city, don't despair - the devs are planning to soon release a version for pc and switch (as well as continue supporting the arcade cabinet version).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

I am very bad at this video game.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

joke_explainer

I have played killer queen in Portland. It is a lot of fun.

It’s basically a high res 2d team vs team pkatformer with multiple ways to win on a relatively fixed board. You play 5v5 for one dollar. One player on each side is the queen and she has the only real power at the start. The workers have to get upgraded to do real damage, but they can also chase economic victory or ride a snail across the bottom of the screen to win that way

Manifisto

joke_explainer posted:

I have played killer queen in Portland. It is a lot of fun.

It’s basically a high res 2d team vs team pkatformer with multiple ways to win on a relatively fixed board. You play 5v5 for one dollar. One player on each side is the queen and she has the only real power at the start. The workers have to get upgraded to do real damage, but they can also chase economic victory or ride a snail across the bottom of the screen to win that way

riding a snail to victory: the most byob way to win

ty nesamdoom!

Spacedad

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I wasn't aware of this game until now and it sounds pretty nifty.

There is a steam port of it coming 'this winter' (no release date given) which will have online multiplayer.

Linky: https://store.steampowered.com/app/663670/Killer_Queen_Black/

I would love to play it with yall on the line.

google THIS

Manifisto posted:

riding a snail to victory: the most byob way to win

only if it has human titties

google THIS

Man, the queen can't use dynamite or a laser beam? I hope that's a bug

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

only if it has human titties

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
I played it at an arcade convention and it was super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

google THIS posted:

Man, the queen can't use dynamite or a laser beam? I hope that's a bug
YES! The queen IS a bug, and so are all the other characters

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

• Locked thread