Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

- Approximate Map of Pre-Upheaval Outlands by Ultralia the Great Cartographer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt from “The Fate of the Gate-Towns”, written by Trastos, retired Scribe-Explorer and Recorder of Lexicon of the Fraternity of Order:

“An interesting but subtle aspect of Gate-Towns is the lingering ‘traces’ of their original alignment, even if they suffered significant changes Post-Upheaval.

Take Curst, for example, the dreary city previously housing the Gates to Carceri. It was and still is a city of exiles, outcasts, escapees and refugees. All harboring sentiments of hatred, vengeance and chaotic destruction against the original causes of their current predicaments. Even after it was invaded and conquered by the bladeling armies of Octavimus, Chosen of Hoar, and even after the significant reconstruction and repositioning towards more lawful-aligned planes, it’s still a city plagued by riots, brawls and turmoils from the many primes that populate the city, undoubtedly orchestrated by Anarchists that survived the purge. As we of the Fraternity of Order painfully learned time and time again, the flames of the Revolutionary League inevitably flare out, no matter how many times stomped down.

If the God of Retribution seeks to channel the bitter and chaotic desires of its inhabitants towards more orderly and effective means of vengeance, as demands his portfolio, he has quite the task ahead of him.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to my first game of D&D 5e!

After playing Planescape Torment years ago I fell in love with that setting as a whole, and I want to flex my DM muscles trying it out for a bit.

I'm still very new to how D&D 5e works so if it turns out there IS interest for a game like this, hopefully you'll forgive me if I gently caress up.

It will be Play by Post here in SA forums

The "feel" of the game

Part of your character backstory is that you straight up died. The "Second Chance" part of the title isn't for show. However in the circumstances leading up to your death you know in your heart that a grave injustice happened, maybe you were back-stabbed by your partners, executed for a crime you didn't commit, sacrificed for a cause you know it wasn't true, maybe you had to make a hard choice you know was right and just, but your friends/order/country interpreted otherwise.

Whatever the cause, when you died and your soul left your corpse, it had such a strong and bitter sentiment of injustice that Hoar took notice of it, and dragged it down to the Outlands, to be reborn in Curst.

The first step of the Reborn of Hoar is to fight (willingly or not) in the cruel arenas of Curst, so they can prove themselves "worthy" after being saved by Hoar and earn their place in this unstable city of the Outlands.

Character Creation details:

Starting Level: 4
Stats Allocation: Standard Array [15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8]
Race: Any official stuff (except Revenant since it's redundant or pure undead like Zombie/Skeleton)
Classes and Archetypes: Any official stuff
Deity: whatever

Part of the fun of doing Planescape stuff in this way, is that the players can come from whatever plane (at least from my understanding), so go hogwild really.

Starting equipment:
Ragged robes
Manacles shackling your hands
Arcane muzzle on head if you're a spellcaster (50% chance of spell failure)
0 gp.

If you're new at 5e too check out 5etools to see how many options are there, this is an useful as gently caress site that will help you make your character!

If you have any questions hit me up here, PM me or on #acolyte in irc.synirc.net
There's also an #acolyte Discord where Sormus was kind enought to make a channel for me, invite here! It's gonna be in the campaigns section if it's easier for you to talk with me that way!
If there's a main goon D&D discord you think I should join post it here too :v:

Number of Players: 5-6
Date: Picks will be made next week's Saturday 11/10

frajaq fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Orelinde 'Lin' Annare, Warlock of the Fiend Pact

The plane of Arcadia is, to the eyes of most, an idyllic paradise. There is no war, no violence, and few deaths that do not stem from old age. People live in harmony. Everything is precisely and mathematically placed for the maximum utility at all, down to the least blade of grass. And... that's true, to an extent, but there is no such thing as a true paradise. While there is no conflict on the surface, that stems from a decree of planar truth. Where one culture might resolve their differences with a fight or duel, the citizens of Arcadia instead resort to rather convoluted political maneuvering to stick it to their rivals. A reassignment to hard labor is oft a fate worse than death, given the lack of recourse available.

Indeed, that's where the tragedy of Orelinde Annare began. She was a minor courtier in the hallowed halls of the King of Arcadia's castle. It would be incorrect that she'd never maneuvered politically for her own gain, but she was quite a good-natured sort. While a rival might be embarrassed, or relocated, she always demonstrated great restraint in their new placement. Why, it was well known that one such, whom found themselves tending bar at a popular tavern, decided that she had helped him find his true calling! Her political rise seemed as axiomatic as the enforced harmony of the plane itself. Until, of course, she fell into a dalliance with the Prince. Though there was nothing wrong with it, the pair being fine and consenting adults, the others of the court saw a threat to their own power. As one, they seemed to think: how dare this upstart assume my role?

As quick as that, her fortunes turned. Maneuvering began against her in earnest and, indeed, it was not long before her station was forcefully changed. She'd spend the rest of her life toiling in the mines that fed the industry and prosperity of Arcadia. Not even the Prince could help her, such was the depth of their plotting. Lin, needless to say, did not take this well. Her new life stretched from days to weeks, consumed in the darkness of the mines, and one day... something spoke to her. A comforting voice in the darkness, offering everything she'd need to take back what was hers. Power, yes, but a power that none on the plane could comprehend: a capacity for violence.

It was some time before Lin felt desperation enough to take that deal. Seasons had turned while she was in the mines, her life seeming only to contain countless more just the same. And, so, she made the deal. The pact was struck. She became the Pale Night's hand on a plane antithetical to everything the Obyrith stood for. Her duty, her aim, was to take vengeance on those that had wronged her so and, in doing so, to shake the very laws upholding the plane's enforced order. Suffice to say that she found this easy enough. In a world where violence was nothing that its inhabitants could comprehend, a lance of pure force was more than enough to rout any who might have barred her path. She charged the castle, found the masterminds of her descent, and in the moment before she could unleash all the power she had sacrificed her being to attain upon them...

The plane itself turned on her. Violence is not permitted in the realms of Arcadia and, indeed, neither was she.

---

Trait: My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the world.
Trait: My favor, once lost, is lost forever.
Ideal: Generosity. My talents were given to me so that I could use them to benefit the world. (Good)
Bond: One day I will return to my former home and finish what I started.
Flaw: I’m a sucker for a pretty face.

Patron Attitude: You are mostly left to your own devices with no interference from your patron. Sometimes you dread the demands it will make when it does appear.
Special Terms: You can never wear the same outfit twice, since your patron finds such predictability to be boring.
Binding Mark: Each time you wake up, the small blemish on your face appears in a different place.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 3, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

How redundant would a Revenant be on this game?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I'm generally interested, but how will this actually work? Play by post, skype theater of the mind, roll20, everyone do shrooms and commune mentally?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Gax The Great

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K6tLZaK0F-ghKFfAVpNQrLlBCB0QLy-g/view?usp=sharing

Gax always knew he was destined for greatness. He was faster than most of his tribe, sure, but he also was able to see through the illusions that held his people down.

Goblins aren't inherently evil or stupid. There were plenty of goblin farmers and the odd wizard. But they lived in tents in the middle of the woods! Or caves, hunted by larger, meaner things. Or in the sewers beneath the "better men" that held his people down.

If goblins were raised in nice houses with nice schools and weren't fighting each other for scraps, they'd be just as good as the humans! Or elves! Or dwarves! Certainly better than the idiot halflings. But no, instead goblinoids were cast out, left to fend for themselves. But the goblins had it worst of all. Subjugated by the orcs, beaten by the hobgoblins, eaten by the bugbears.

Above all, Gax had a dream. A dream where the color of your skin or fur, or the pointyness of your teeth didn't determine your fate. Where people rose or fell by their own merits. Where there were no "lords" or "kings" calling for his extermination or "adventurers" killing his kin.

Alas, it was only a dream. Despite his conviction, despite organizing an army, despite a bloodless siege demanding a piece of land for his brothers and sisters to call their own (A piece of land the drat king didn't even keep free of drakes, mind you), Gax fell. He had shamans casting protective spells. He had his best warriors guarding him at night. But everyone has to piss, and that's when the traitorous half orc shot him in exchange for a knighthood.

He didn't make it out of the camp, of course. And without Gax The Great organizing the protest shuttering the castle's main gate, the camp fell into chaos. And as these things tend to play out, the king's knights routed them in a single charge, and everything returned to how it was.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. He united the tribes, he paid tribute to the seers, he negotiated a truce with the Narlathaxx, The Frozen Terror and his kobolds. Hell, he even had an honest to dwarven cleric of Berronar Truesilver join his camp. He hunted those that killed others for sport and brought them to justice, no matter if the victim be goblinoid or elf. He did everything right, and he still died for it.

Being reborn seemed right and just to Gax The Great, Uniters Of The Tribes, Slayer Of Injustice, He Who Will Bring The Goblins Home. He would have preferred to have come back without manacles or hood, maybe a nice feast of boar and mead to mourn his death, but, this is somehow fitting. He's always started at the bottom and clawed his way up. He'll do it again.

Relentless fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 2, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Plutonis posted:

How redundant would a Revenant be on this game?

....gently caress, the race list in 5etools doesn't have Unerthed Arcana content by default, so that escaped my notice

it would be quite redundant in this game, wouldn't it?

Network42 posted:

I'm generally interested, but how will this actually work? Play by post, skype theater of the mind, roll20, everyone do shrooms and commune mentally?

always forget the simple details, it's gonna be Play by Post

edited OP for clarity

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Okay I'm probably flying too close to the sun, but everyone else's ideas itt are better and more planescapey than I was expecting, so lets try someone odd from somewhere weird.

The Emissary of the Storm

The Emissary's world was a broken one. Small, chaotic, and made distinct only by a series of destructive, recurring wars led by powerful elemental Lords. These immortal rulers directly and indirectly affected the lives of everyone and everything on the tiny continent of Rava, but none more than The Emissary and those like her - the children of the elements. So saturated were their mothers by the passive magical energies of the local Lord that their babies were born changed.

Not knowing what else to do with a child whose eyes glow white and whose voice echoes even in open spaces, The Emissary's father delivered her to the Storm Lord, to act in his service. Fresh from a recent reincarnation, he decided she would form the basis of a new strategy. Storm-born, but visibly mortal, the girl would be able to pass through other lands without being treated as an open threat. She would be an elemental diplomat that could help forge a lasting peace. For this purpose she was taught and trained, giving up a name in lieu of an identity.

Eventually she travelled as her Lord asked, seeking peace won by dialogue and compromise, rather than the more traditional - and temporary - death of a Lord. The years long effort was showing mixed, but promising results - her first parley, with the Fire Lord, ended in the brokering of a peace contingent on the return of lands. The Sylvan Lord was cagier, and refused to speak with her. The Water Lord saw the attempt at diplomacy as a strange, but welcome gesture of good faith and agreed to a white peace.

The Earth Lord, she never met. His lands were ravaged worse than most, and she died on the road at the hands of a powerful Stone-born druid who had seen too much loss to be reasoned with. He murdered her for the temerity of her presence and the audacity of her mission. Her last words and thoughts before death were on the pointless stupidity of his revenge.

Ironic then, that her first words and thoughts after death were on the now immense importance of hers.

EDIT: Did the character sheet up using orcpub, assuming no one has any issues accessing it.

quote:

Name: The Emissary
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Sorcerer (Storm)
Background: Far Traveler
Alignment: Neutral Good

HP: 26/26 SP:4/4
AC: 12
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Speed: 30
Passive Perception: 12
Initiative Bonus: +2

Attributes:
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 14 (+2) (13 + 1 level 4)
CON 15 (+2) (14 + 1 racial)
INT 13 (+1) (12 + 1 racial)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 18 (+4) (15 + 2 racial +1 level 4)

Skills Proficiencies:
Arcana (Half-Elf)
Deception (Sorcerer)
Insight (Far Traveler)
Perception (Far Traveler)
Persuasion (Sorcerer)
Stealth (Half-Elf)

Save Proficiencies:
Constitution and Charisma

Armour Proficiency: none

Weapons Proficiency: daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows

Tool Proficiency: Smallpipes (Far Traveler)

Languages:
Common, Elvish, Dwarvish (Half-Elf)
Orcish (Far Traveler)
Primordial (Storm)

Racial features:
Darkvision: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Class features

Spellcasting:
Spellcasting Ability: Charisma (+4)
Spell Save DC: 14
Spell Attack Bonus: +6

5 Known Cantrips, 5 Known Spells. Spell slots are 4/3. 4 Sorcery Points

Cantrips:
Shocking Grasp
Ray of Frost
Mage Hand

Spells
Mage Armour (lv1)
Chromatic Orb (lv1)
Ice Knife (lv1)
Hold Person (lv2)
Suggestion (lv2)

Font of Magic:
At 2nd level, you tap into a deep wellspring of magic within yourself. This wellspring is represented by sorcery points, which allow you to create a variety of magical effects.

Flexible Casting - You can use your sorcery points to gain additional spell slots, or sacrifice spell slots to gain additional sorcery points. You learn other ways to use your sorcery points as you reach higher levels.

Creating Spell Slots - You can transform unexpended sorcery points into one spell slot as a bonus action on your turn. The
created spell slots vanish at the end of a long rest.

Converting a Spell Slot to Sorcery Points - As a bonus action on your turn, you can expend one spell slot and gain a number of sorcery points equal to the slot's level.

Metamagic:
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to twist your spells to suit your needs. You gain two Metamagic options.

Quickened Spell - When you cast a spell that has a casting time of 1 action, you can spend 2 sorcery points to change the casting time to 1 bonus action for this casting.

Twinned Spell - When you cast a spell that doesn't have a range of self and is incapable of targeting more than one creature at the spell's current level, you can spend a number of sorcery points equal to the spell's level to target a second creature in range with the same spell (1 sorcery point if the spell is a cantrip).

Sorcerous Origin:
Storm Sorcery - Your innate magic comes from the power of elemental air. The magic of the storm permeates your being.

Wind Speaker - The arcane magic you command is infused with elemental air. You can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak its dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.

Tempestuous Magic - Starting at 1st level, you can use a bonus action on your turn to cause whirling gusts of elemental air to briefly surround you, immediately before or after you cast a spell of 1st level or higher. Doing so allows you to fly up to 10 feet without provoking opportunity attacks.

Background:

Far Traveler: Your accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and perhaps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories of your homeland.

You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

Why are you here?
Died/Weird God

Personality
- I honor my deity through practices that are foreign to this land.
- I was wise in the ways of my home. This new one will take some getting used to.

Ideal - Inquisitive. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn. (Neutral)

Bond - Though I had no choice, I lament having to leave my Lord behind. I hope to see him again one day.

Flaw - I consider the adherents of other gods to be deluded innocents at best, or ignorant fools at worst.

Equipment:
Ragged robes
Arcane muzzle on head (50% chance of spell failure)
0 gp

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 17, 2018

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Definitely interested, gonna gently caress around with a gloomstalker or arcane archer maybe.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Interest check. Thinking of a Celestial Pact Tome Warlock that heals and also burns poo poo. Alternate choice would be a beast mode conquest paladin with a halberd and a grudge.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
New players ok?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I would play the hell out of this.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Doorknob Slobber posted:

New players ok?

Yes! Use that online tool It will help you a lot!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Interest post. Not sure what yet.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dagat Tuth, Lord of the Talagain Isles and last of his line was having a rather unfortunate day. He was currently miles out to sea, his form draped in chains and weights which were dragging him further and further into the depths. Unsurprisingly the end of Dagat's tale, like that of many rulers the world over, stemmed from greed. Unlike many other ends however, it hadn't come about by his own.

The Talagain Isles were a well known safe harbor for pirate and honest sailor alike. A near unnatural bounty of plant, wildlife, and fresh water available freely on their shores. The Tortle that made their home there had done a fine job of taming the land and nearby sea, spirit blessed shamans able to fend off the natural disasters that harried any foolish enough to sail the sea for plunder or profit.

Too much of a good thing made freely available was apparently too much for the mainlanders. Greed reared its ugly head and invaders came from all factions that had made use of the island for resupply. Dagat did his best to shield his people from the war being brought down on their heads, but it was a futile task.

Once the skirmishes over resources began, it had only been a matter of time until the invaders uncovered the myriad of other natural resources the Talagain left unused. The bones of the island, various natural mines filled with precious metals and jewels, were venerated by the tortle and left untouched in exchange for the blessings that kept them safe. In light of the new discovery, there hadn't really been a chance at getting away unscathed.

With riches to be plundered, the big guns were brought out. Arcanists arrived and slapped the shamans in mind clouding shackles. His main line of defense removed, it was an easy task to capture Dagat himself and to announce his execution to further demoralize the Talagainians, stomping out any potential rebellion.

It was a rather uneventful trip out to sea, Dagat and some witnesses had been sailed off a ways and he'd been unceremoniously dumped into the depths. The chill had been a shock at first, but it slowly began to be a comfort as his final moments marched toward him. It takes a very long time for a Tortle to drown, so Dagat had plenty of time beseech the seas to lay down unending curses on the bastards who had ruined his lands and people.

quote:

Name: Dagat Tuth
Race: Tortle
Class: Fighter (Battle Master)
Proficiency: +2
Alignment: REVENGE! (Neutral Good since I have to say :v:. Shifting towards chaotic as things progress.
Background: Island Host

HP: 36/36
AC: 17
HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: 4/4d8
Save DC: 13
Passive Perception:

Attributes:15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
STR: 17 (+3) (15+2 racial)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 13 (+2) (13+1 racial)
CHA: 8 (-1)

Skill profs:
Animal Handling: +4 (Fighter)
Athletics: +4 (Fighter)
Medicine: +4 (Background)
Nature: +2 (Background)
Survival: +4 (Tortle)

Save profs:
Strength & Constitution

Weapons Proficiency:
Simple + Martial weapons

Armor Proficiency:
All Armor + Shields

Tools:
Brewer's Supplies (Fighter)
Cook's Utensils (Background)
Drum (Background)

Languages:
Common and Aquan(Tortle)

Feats:
Polearm Master (4th level ASI/Feat)
-When you take the Attack action and attack with only a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff, you can use a bonus action to make a melee attack with the opposite end of the weapon. This attack uses the same ability modifier as the primary weapon. The weapon's damage die for this attack is a d4, and the attack deals bludgeoning damage.

-While you are wielding a glaive, halberd, pike, or quarterstaff, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack from you when they enter the reach you have with that weapon.

Features:
Race
Claws: Your claws are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.

Hold Breath: You can hold your breath for up to 1 hour at a time. Tortles aren't natural swimmers, but they can remain underwater for some time before needing to come up for air.

Natural Armor: Due to your shell and the shape of your body, you are ill-suited to wearing armor. Your shell provides ample protection, however; it gives you a base AC of 17 (your Dexterity modifier doesn't affect this number). You gain no benefit from wearing armor, but if you are using a shield, you can apply the shield's bonus as normal.

Shell Defense: You can withdraw into your shell as an action. Until you emerge, you gain a +4 bonus to AC, and you have advantage on Strength and Constitution saving throws. While in your shell, you are prone, your speed is 0 and can't increase, you have disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws, you can't take reactions, and the only action you can take is a bonus action to emerge from your shell.

Class
Fighting Style- Tunnel Fighter
You excel at defending narrow passages, doorways, and other tight spaces. As a bonus action, you can enter a defensive stance that lasts until the start of your next turn. While in your defensive stance, you can make opportunity attacks without using your reaction, and you can use your reaction to make a melee attack against a creature that moves more than 5 feet while within your reach.

Second Wind:At first level, on your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge
Starting at second level, on your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

Battle Master-
Combat Superiority
Superiority Dice: You start with four superiority dice, which are d8s, and you expend one whenever you use a maneuver. You regain them all when you finish a short or long rest.

Manuevers: You learn three special maneuvers. You can use only one maneuver per attack.

Precision Attack: When you make a weapon attack roll against a creature, you can expend one superiority die to add it to the roll. You can use this maneuver before or after making the attack roll, but before any effects of the attack are applied.

Pushing Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to drive the target back. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, you push the target up to 15 feet away from you.

Trip Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to knock the target down. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

At 3rd level, you gain proficiency with one type of artisan's tool of your choice. (Brewer's)

Background:
Adept Linguist: You can communicate with humanoids who don't speak any language you know so long as you observe them interacting with each other for at least one day.

Personality Trait 1
Any group is only as strong as its weakest link, but I pay attention to keep those links from breaking.

Personality Trait 2
The land I came from was a backwater compared to most. I take delight in the many marvels there are to be found.

Ideal
Service: Using my talents to help others is the best way of helping myself

Bond
My people were destroyed and I will do whatever I must to see that wrong righted.

Flaw
My trust of others often leads to me reacting to situations rather than anticipating them.

Equipment:
Ragged robes
0 gp.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 9, 2018

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I've been itching to run planescape for my own group for ages so I'm defo down.

Ebonmire the Dreaded, Dragonborn Fighter/Warlock

On his home prime, Ebonmire was an especially infamous pirate captain known the world over for his ruthlessness and greed. While he no doubt had a natural talent for the vocation, the true source of his success was the sentient sword he discovered early in his career. The weapon called Doomblade housed devastating arcane power which it offered to the dragonborn and together, Ebonmire, the sword and his crew terrorized ship after ship and port after port, amassing a horde even true dragons wouldn't scoff at.

As time wore on, envy and resentment spread throughout Ebonmire's crew and in the end it was his own first mate who betrayed him. Intoxicating him with poison-laced rum, the first mate managed to overpower Ebonmire and do him in with a knife to the throat. As he expired, Ebonmire watched the mate unsheathe Doomblade and receive the power that he so coveted.

His tie to the mortal world cut, Ebonmire's soul boiled with fury. Not only was the source of his power taken from him, it had been taken from him in an act of cowardice and betrayal. Doomblade had called HIM out, HE was the one chosen worthy to wield it and though he knew not how he'd manage it from beyond the grave, Ebonmire swore he'd attain that power once again.

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 2, 2018

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

You'd think her current predicament would be a shock to her, but honestly Barahira is used to fighting. Growing up as one of the lowlies in Sigil she never knew her parents. The closest she came was the old man who taught her how to steal to get by. Sure, he took most of what she and her gang found. And yes, he would lay into them with that stick of his more than was good for them, but usually they deserved it. Most of the time, anyway.

About the time Hira was becoming the go-to girl for planning and fencing their goods, the old man started talking to her more than just swinging his stick. Before long they were doing both, only with a purpose. The old guy knew how to handle himself, that much was clear, and Hira listened. She figured she could just ditch him and start taking the gang and all the profits for herself, but soon enough she was way too busy with his "lessons". Balancing on stools while he jabbed at her became balancing on ale bottles (without breaking them. Eventually...), dodging the stick became swinging around one of her own, and her childish acrobatics became a way of getting around the city. Hell, she even made some coin in the local street fights. Enough to start building for a future she'd never considered.

Hira never knew his real name, but she was the only one there for him when the gang decided that she'd given up on them and decided they wanted out. He gave as good as he got, though, that's for sure. At least one would never see again, and none of them would ever be able to use all of their limbs without pain. Hira was the one who tried to help him up when she felt a knife in her side. The little one, Morsin, was the one who'd put the rest up to it. They'd never liked each other, but she was bigger and might makes right in Sigil. But he'd gotten the rest to distract her so he could take the old man's loot, such as it was. It was enough to get him started.

He killed the old man as Barahira bled out. That sight stayed with her as she died. Its weight led her to Curst.

pre:
Name: Barahira
LN Human Monk (Way of Shadow) 4
Background: Urchin

STR: 11 ( 0)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA:  9 (-1)

HP:  31/31
AC:  16/16
Prof:  +2

Initiative +2
40' speed

Proficiencies (+2):

Weapon: Simple Weapons, Shortsword
Tools: Musical Instrument (Flute)
Saves: Str, Dex
Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth

Feats

Class Abilities
 - Unarmored Defense - +Wis to AC
 - Martial Arts
   - +Str OR Dex to unarmed strike/monk weapon attack/damage
   - D4 unarmed strike or monk weapon damage
   - Bonus unarmed strike when using Attack action.
 - 4 Ki points, DC 12 to resist if applicable
   - After Attack action, spend 1 Ki point to make 2 unarmed strikes as bonus action
   - On your turn, spend 1 Ki point to take a Dodge action as a bonus
   - 1 Ki point to take Dash or Disengage action as a bonus action on your turn, and jump distance is doubled
 - Unarmored Movement - +10' speed when unarmored and not using shield
 - Monastic Tradition - Way of Shadow
   - 2 Ki points to cast Darkness, Darkvision, Pass w/o Trace, Silence without components. Gain Minor Illusion cantrip
 - Deflect Missiles
   - Spend reaction to reduce ranged damage when hit by 1d10+7. If reduced to 0, catch missile.
     Spend 1 Ki point to make a ranged attack as part of the same reaction, with proficiency
 - Slow Fall 20'

Gear
Ragged Robes
Manacles

0gp

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 3, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was just a job like any other. The two of them have been on the bounty business for five years already, four since they first joined together. A Tiefling and an Aasimar, a strange pairing if any, although an efficient one. Some said they first met together competing for the same quarry, and while they at first fought over who would take on their prey, the fighting came to an understanding, the understanding became a partnership, the partnership became... Something else. An odd couple, but an efficient one, the two outsiders quickly became known on their field as some of the most reliable hunters out there. And it's how they were chosen for this specific job. A wanted criminal who dared to take refuge on the City of Planes, those who wanted their revenge were willing to pay handsomely for it.

But things wouldn't be so easy, and as the two planned to take on their bounty, they were instead taken out by him, ignobly killed on their own ambush.

And then the Tiefling woke up, and his other half wasn't there.

And there was hell to pay.

quote:

Name: Arkane "Ark" Brimstone
Race: Tiefling
Class: Artificer (Gunsmith)
Proficiency: +2 (+4 for Smith, Alchemist, Forgery Tools)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

HP: 38/38
AC: 14
Speed: Fly 30, Ground 30

Attributes:
STR: 8
DEX: 14
CON: 14
INT: 16
WIS: 10
CHA: 14

Skill profs: Insight, Stealth, Investigation, Arcana, Deception.

Save profs: Con, Int

Weapons Proficiency: Light, Medium

Armor Proficiency: Simple

Tools: Lute, Playing Cards, Smith's Tools, Thieves' Tools, Alchemist's Supplies, Forgery Kit

Languages: Common, Infernal

Feats:

Features:
Race
Darkvision. Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Hellish Resistance. You have resistance to fire damage.
Winged. You have bat-like wings sprouting from your shoulder blades. You have a flying speed of 30 feet while you aren't wearing heavy armor.

Class

-Magic Item Analysis
-Artificer Specialist (Gunsmith)
-Wondrous Invention (Cap of Water Breathing, Alchemy Jug)
-Master Smith
-Thunder Cannon
-Arcane Magazine
-Thunder Monger (2d6)
-Spellcasting
-Infuse Magic

Spells:
Spell DC: 13
Spell Mod: 5
Spells Slots: Lvl 1: 3
Cantrips: Mending
Level 1: Cure Wounds, Disguise Self, Shield of Faith, Alarm

Background:
You are in frequent contact with people in the segment of society that your chosen quarries move through. These people might be associated with the criminal underworld, the rough-and-tumble folk of the streets, or members of high society. This connection comes in the form of a contact in any city you visit, a person who provides information about the people and places of the local area.

Personality Traits:

Ideal: Greed. I will do whatever it takes to take my quarry down. (Evil)
Bond: Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Flaw: When faced with a choice between my objective and my friends, I usually choose the objective.
Equipment: Thunder Cannon
Arcane Magazine (40 Ammo)
Bag of Holding
Handaxe
Smith's Tools
Alchemist's supplies
Traveler's clothes
Parchment (10 pages), Ink and Pen
Tent for two
Leather Armor
Alchemy Jug
340 GP

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 29, 2018

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Arcturus Solar, Templar of the Silver Flame

Evil thrives because it tempts. Evil is the easy way out, the simple path to glory and riches and pleasure. It costs the perpetrator nothing; it costs the innocent everything. And because the hearts of mortals are weak, and because the path of Good is hard, darkness spreads and the wicked go unpunished. The Order of the Silver Flame understands that merely reacting to Evil is not enough. Evil must be sought out and destroyed. It must be torn out by the roots and burned. And in the name of this sacred crusade, there is no price too high to pay.

Arcturus Solar was born Luther Hightower in a small farming village in Eberron. His father was unknown but presumably of Celestial heritage, for the boy was born with blonde hair, luminous orange eyes and an unearthly aura of calm. His early life was a peaceful one, but it could not last. A cult of The Mockery, god of treachery and murder, came looking for the "heavenly child." He can still hear the screams when he closes his eyes, and he feels only rage. Everyone he ever knew, butchered by assassins who thought their vile god would reward them for killing a child of Good. As he wandered the wilderness, the dreams began. Valandria, his angelic guide, spared little pity for him. She simply told him to go west, and that he would have his revenge. Three days later, he stumbled into the path of a traveling Cleric of the Silver Flame.

The Silver Flame immediately recognized the boy for what he was and set about stoking the fires of righteous hate in his heart. On his 18th birthday, he ritually cast aside his old name and became Arcturus Solar, Templar Warrior. He hunted cults and servants of Evil across the continent for years, burning with rage. Evil never offered mercy or pity, and so he hunted them without either. His name was whispered in fear by all who would prey on the innocent. In time, he came to believe that was his true destiny: to destroy Evil by making an example of it, to choke temptation in the bud by demonstrating the fate of the wicked for all to see.

And it all came to an end on a traitor's blade. As Arcturus fought alongside other members of his order to slay a den of vampires, he suddenly found a blade through his throat. Brother Casimir had always been dubiously faithful to the Flame, but even in his most cynical moments Arcturus would never have thought that he would turn on his brothers in return for the promise of eternal life as a blood-sucking monster. The last moments of boiling radiant fury that poured out of Arcturus's gushing wound scorched the traitor terribly, but his vision faded to black before he could see whether or not the coward perished. He fell into death raging and struggling; to the hells with the Order's promises of eternal bliss in the Choir of the Silver Flame. Arcturus could not be satisfied with this. It could not end this way. He was a child of the heavens, destined to destroy great Evil, to slaughter each and every servant of Darkness in Eberron and usher in an age of peace and order.

Something heard his rage against the fates, although it was not the Silver Flame. His soul snared by Hoar, the once-mighty Paladin now simmers with barely contained wrath in the gladiatorial slave pens of Curst. But in spite of his bottomless hatred of Evil, Arcturus's death has taught him to take a longer-term perspective. He will never return to Eberron if he dies again. If he must fight alongside monsters and villains to survive the coming trials, who could judge him? He'll kill them all eventually. But if Evil is fool enough to help him destroy it, who is he to complain? Victory is what really matters, not methodology. A clean conscience is a luxury reserved for the ones he fights to defend.

quote:

Name: Arcturus Solar
Race: Aasimar (Scourge)
Class: Paladin (Oath of Conquest)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Mercenary Veteran

HP: 36
AC: 11 (10+1 Fighting Style)
Passive Perception: 10

Attributes:15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
STR: 14 (+2)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2) (13+1 Racial)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 17 (+3) (15+2 Racial)

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation, Persuasion, Religion

Save Proficiencies: Wisdom, Charisma

Weapon Proficiencies: Simple, Martial

Armor Proficiency: Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields

Tools: Playing Cards, Vehicles (Land)

Languages: Common, Celestial

Feats:

Sentinel: You have mastered techniques to take advantage of every drop in any enemy's guard, gaining the following benefits:
-When you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, the creature's speed becomes 0 for the rest of the turn.
-Creatures provoke opportunity attacks from you even if they take the Disengage action before leaving your reach.
-When a creature within 5 feet of you makes an attack against a target other than you (and that target doesn't have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.

Spells:

Spellcasting Ability: Charisma
Spell Save DC: 13 (8+Proficiency+Charisma Mod)
Spell Attack Modifier: +5 (Proficiency+Charisma Mod)

Racial Spell:
Light

Oath Spells:
Armor of Agathys
Command

Paladin Spells:
Bless
Heroism
Wrathful Smite
Shield of Faith
Thunderous Smite

Features:
Race

Angelic Guide: Valandria, Fierce and Vengeful personality. Sends advice and omens in dreams. Is exactly as unreasonable as you'd expect from a deva.

Darkvision: Blessed with a radiant soul, your vision can easily cut through darkness. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Celestial Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.

Healing Hands. As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Light Bearer. You know the light cantrip. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for it.

Radiant Consumption. Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing a searing light to radiate from you, pour out of your eyes and mouth, and threaten to char you. Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, you shed bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet, and at the end of each of your turns, you and each creature within 10 feet of you take radiant damage equal to half your level (rounded up). In addition, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Class:

Oath of Conquest: These are the strictures by which I must abide.
-Douse the Flame of Hope. It is not enough to merely defeat an enemy in battle. Your victory must be so overwhelming that your enemies' will to fight is shattered forever. A blade can end a life. Fear can end an empire.
-Rule with an Iron Fist. Once you have conquered, tolerate no dissent. Your word is law. Those who obey it shall be favored. Those who defy it shall be punished as an example to all who might follow.
-Strength Above All. You shall rule until a stronger one arises. Then you must grow mightier and meet the challenge, or fall to your own ruin.

Divine Sense: As an action, until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity. Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated. You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

Lay on Hands: You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level × 5. As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool. Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one. This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.

Divine Smite: When you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an undead or a fiend.

Fighting Style (Defence): While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.

Divine Health: The divine magic flowing through you makes you immune to disease.

Channel Divinity: When you use your Channel Divinity, you choose which option to use. A short or long rest is then required to regain it.
-Conquering Presence: As an action, you force each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
-Guided Strike: When you make an attack roll, you can use your Channel Divinity to gain a +10 bonus to the roll. You make this choice after you see the roll, but before the DM says whether the attack hits or misses.

Background:

You know the mercenary life as only someone who has experienced it can. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems, and you know a little about any such company, including who has hired them recently. You can find the taverns and festhalls where mercenaries abide in any area, as long as you speak the language. You can find mercenary work between adventures sufficient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

Personality Traits: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.

Ideal: Order. All evil must be destroyed. All lawlessness must be stamped out. (Lawful)

Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blinding and unreasoning.

Equipment:
Ragged robes
Arcane muzzle on head (50% chance of spell failure)
0 gp.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 3, 2018

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Blades

Long ago Blades was created, or forged, in the early days of a terrible great war. At the time Blades did not have a name, did not have a will, and was much like the other of its kind. The war was long and terrible and each side scrabbled about to try and find a way to come out on top. The Warforged were just one of many attempts. A never tiring army that could be designed for specific tasks. With no will, created to follow orders and survive things that mortal soldiers could not. And for a time the Warforged worked perfectly as these mindless soldiers. But as the war waged some of them began to act erratically, to take names, to have a will and a sense of self. Blades was one of these early Warforged that began to gain a sense of self. Blades looked upon itself and felt that it was a he, and took his name from the blades he wielded. He still fought, he served, but he had a mind, a will, and he wanted to be viewed as a person. This did not go well at first, it would be a long time before the war ended and Warforged would begin to gain some semblance of rights. Blades sadly would not survive to see this.

The war was very long, and Blades was an early Warforged. And though he gained a will and a personality he still fought the war on the front lines, he was still sent to the most dangerous fronts of the battle. And no matter how well made he was, no matter how well armed, he inevitably fell. Overwhelmed by enemies, smashed to bits. His last thoughts that he wanted to be free. And that would have been it, unless someone found his body, repaired it, and found a way to reanimate it with the soul that had once been housed within. This did not happen. Instead he awoke, alive again, in Curst. And still not free.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Mmmm delicious planescape. Consider me interested. Looking at a Gith mystic.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Ingeborg, Giants' Vanguard

Raise a glass, one and all! To the steel terror o' the Skyway, our savior of the Cogs!

Ingeborg was a sledgehammer in a city of knives. An 8-foot warforged decked out it in the trophies of a thousand raids, guzzling decanters of fine elvish mead with the best of Sharn's worst. That image in particular made the front-page etching of the Tavick Herald two years back. She savored both the publicity and the waves of upstarts it inspired to break upon her axe.

Unlike more sensible sellswords, she did not care for wealth so much as the glory one gained by seizing it; constructs have no need for daily bread. Through her hands some of the finest treasures of the Upper Menthis flowed down to the layers below. And this, of course, planted the seed of her demise.

Desperately-hired inquisitives managed to piece together some of her origin. She matched no known pattern of warforged built in the forges of House Cannith, nor had she ever boasted of exploits in The Last War. The gods whose names she swore to were recognized by no one but the dustiest professors of antiquity. Trails of rumor led to far Xen'Drik, to strange clans of giants and prehistoric warforges still burning in the deeps. A grave threat which might re-ignite the War itself. Or so it seemed.

They could've just asked. About her storm giant mother-creator, who patiently taught her to take no insult lying down. About her brothers, who'd wrestle with her for days before they all settled down to feasts of plundered cattle. Her "mission" in Sharn was merely to test the physical and mental sturdiness of her construction. But the sight of her brother Gymir's severed head, his eyes still agape in terror, overrode all these fond memories with searing rage. With vengeance!

So blinded was she that her own death came barely noticed. Her delivery to Curst came courtesy of a former warforged comrade-in-arms, drunk on greed and misguided faith, driving a spike into her core with a great piston arm. No matter. She must face battles aplenty to ensure the blood-price was paid. What are a few more in this merry chaos of a plane?

WIP posted:

Name: Ingeborg
Race: Warforged Juggernaut
Class: Tempest Cleric
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Mercenary Veteran

HP: 31
AC: 18/18

Attributes: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
STR: 17 (+3) (+2 racial +1 feat)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 14 (+1) (+1 racial)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 15 (+2)
CHA: 8 (-1)

Skill profs:
Athletics (Mercenary Veteran)
Insight: (Cleric)
Persuasion: (Mercenary Veteran)
Religion: (Cleric)

Save profs:
Wisdom, Constitution

Weapons Proficiency:
Simple and Martial.

Armor Proficiency:
Light, Medium, Heavy, and Shields.

Tools: Playing Card Set, Land Vehicles

Languages:
Common, Giant

Spells
Cantrips
-Guidance
-Thaumaturgy
-Toll The Dead
-Word of Radiance

Tempest Domain Spells
-Fog Cloud
-Thunderwave

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell Attack Modifier: +4

Feats:
Heavy Armor Master: You can use your armor to deflect strikes that would kill others. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage that you take from nonmagical weapons is reduced by 3.

Features:
Race (Warforged Juggernaut):
Warforged Resilience:
-You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.
-You are immune to disease.
-You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.
-You don’t need to sleep and don’t suffer the effects of exhaustion due to lack of rest, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Sentry's Rest:
When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.

Integrated Protection:
Your body has built-in defensive layers, which determine your armor class. You gain no benefit from wearing armor, but if you are using a shield, you apply its bonus as normal.

Iron Fists:
When you make an unarmed strike, you can deal 1d4 + your Strength modifier bludgeoning damage instead of the normal damage.

Powerful Build:
You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Class
Wrath of the Storm: Also at 1st level, you can thunderously rebuke attackers. When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Channel Divinity: Destructive Wrath: Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to wield the power of the storm with unchecked ferocity. When you roll lightning or thunder damage, you can use your Channel Divinity to deal maximum damage, instead of rolling.

Turn Undead: As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.

Background:
Mercenary Veteran: You know the mercenary life as only someone who has experienced it can. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems, and you know a little about any such company, including who has hired them recently. You can find the taverns and festhalls where mercenaries abide in any area, as long as you speak the language. You can find mercenary work between adventures sufficient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

Personality Traits: I am always assured of my own success, and will pick most any fight if given the chance.

Ideal: Glory! My name shall resound through the ages! (Chaotic)

Bond: If I do not survive these battles, my family may be exterminated. I cannot get too carried away in the joy of combat.

Flaw: I will answer every challenge without fail. To do otherwise is disgraceful.

Equipment:
Ragged robes
Arcane muzzle on head (50% chance spell failure)
0 gp.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 4, 2018

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Also interested. Character to come.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Tyra "Prince's Shield" Vocke
Level 4 Hexblade
PDF Link
Neutral Good

Bio: A Guardian Betrayed
Tyra Vocke was born to a modest family of farmers, but grew up with stories of adventure and battle ringing in her ears. She practiced every day with a wooden training blade before, after and between her chores. Her dedication paid off when she was accepted into the Order of Einderan, a group of knights that swore fealty to the ancient Sword of Kings, an ancient and sentient relic of an ascended god of order. The Sword of Kings tasked its followers with protecting the rightful rulers of the kingdom, so long as they ruled true and justly. Tyra distinguished herself during a devastating invasion from the northern kingdoms, losing her left hand when she interposed herself between the prince and a rampaging berserker. Afterwards she served as the personal bodyguard of the prince, and she became well respected for her deeds and demeanor.

She never imagined that her prince would turn on her. As she lay dying, he told her "This is the price of disloyalty," his dagger embedded into her back and piercing her heart. Had she been framed by some other courtier? Had some behavior been misinterpreted as conspiracy? Or did the prince simply object to her loyalty to the Order above the Crown?

Those were thoughts that carried her away from the material plane of her home, onto the next world. The next thing she knew, she was in hell. Somehow, her connection to the Sword of Kings has not been completely severed - the powers bestowed upon her for her service are still within her. But the tenents of her order are fading in her mind, as her confusion and pain slowly turn into a boiling rage and thirst for vengeance against the prince she once would've died for.

She will reap a bloody harvest, if she has to build a pillar of corpses to climb out of this Pit, one body at a time.

Gameplay:
-A Melee Warlock with a strong Defender focus from the Mark of the Sentinel
-Example Combo: Armor of Agathys + Vigilant Guardian. I can designate 1 ally as my Ward and so long as I am within 5 feet of them I can use a reaction to swap places with them. So I can swap in, saving a squishier party member a hit and force the enemy to slam themselves with Armor of Agathys.
-Effectively have 3 Spells / Short Rest, with one of them being reserved for Shield which seems like a good deal.
-Good Insight and Intimidation for social interactions
-Perma-Detect Magic for utility.
-Mage Initiate for Healing Word, to pull off some Short-Rest restoring healing. Also picked up Minor Illusion and Vicious Mockery for additional utility.

professor_curly fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 5, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Spoken in the smooth voice of an older man posted:

Marbles is a good bird. A gentler soul you'll never find, ladies and gentlemen! Keen eyes and a keen mind, but ever so polite. Oh yes, his kind have a terrible reputation, 'tis true! Thieves and grifters, the lot of 'em. But I raised Marbles as if he were my own, taught him manners and reigned in his urges. Now, he can even do magic! Show the good people your magic, Marbles. *sound of fireworks, followed by awed words, followed by applause* Thank you, thank you, ladies and gentlemen. Now, who wants to see a little card trick?

Spoken in the same voice, though whispered and encouraging posted:

Go on, Marbles. Just the way I taught you. Lift the rake... there you go. *sounds of a lock being picked* Now turn...good job! Well done, Marbles. *sounds of coins clinking against eachother* Here's your take. Don't spoil it all on dice, now.

"The same voice again, but mournful this time posted:

I'm sorry, Marbles. *sounds of people shouting in the background* No way out this time. Well, not for you. *Sounds of a door struggling against people trying to bash it down* I'm afraid this is the end of our partnership. *A kick, followed by a helpless and confused squawk. Footsteps growing dimmer, as wood splinters and the outraged crowd bursts in. Another sound, of fists beating and knives finding flesh.*

quote:

Name: *Sound of marbles rolling* / Marbles
Race: Kenku
Size: Medium (5'0")
Class: Rogue 4 (Arcane Trickster)

Background: Charlatan
Languages: Common, Auran (written only)

Hit Points: 24
Initiative: +4
AC: 13
Speed: 30ft

Passive Perception: 13
Passive Investigation: 14
Passive Insight: 13

Attributes (Modifier/Saving Throw)
Strength: 8 (-1/-1)
Dexterity: 18 (+4/+6)
Constitution: 13 (+1/+1)
Intelligence: 15 (+2/+4)
Wisdom: 13 (+1/+1)
Charisma: 10 (+5/+7)

Skills
Acrobatics +6
Animal Handling +1
Arcana +2
Athletics -1
Deception +4
History +2
Insight +3
Intimidation +0
Investigation +4
Medicine +1
Nature +2
Perception +3
Performance +0
Persuasion +2
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +8
Stealth +6
Survival +1

Armor Proficiency: Light
Weapon Proficiency: Simple, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools: Disguise kit, forgery kit, thieves' tools.

Features:
- Cunning Action: Bonus Action during combat to Dash, Disengage or Hide.
- Expert Forgery: You can duplicate other creatures' handwriting and craftwork. You have advantage on all checks made to produce forgeries or duplicates of existing objects.
- Expertise: Deception, Sleight of Hand
- Mage Hand Legerdemain: Mage Hand is invisible and can stow/retrieve objects from other creatures and pick locks/disarm traps. Can control hand with Cunning Action.
- Mimicry: You can mimic sounds you have heard, including voices. A creature that hears the sounds can tell they are imitations with a successful Wisdom (Insight) check opposed by your Charisma (Deception) check.
- Sneak Attack: 1/turn, 2d6 extra damage on attack with advantage and finesse or ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
- Spellcasting: Wizard spell list, spells must be Enchantment/Illusion. 1 spell at 3rd, 8th, 14th, 20th can be any school.

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell Attack Modifier: +4

Cantrips:
- Mage Hand

Known Spells:
- Disguise Self
- Feather Fall
- Sleep
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Spell Slots: 3

Equipment:
- Ragged robes
- Manacles shackling your hands
- Arcane muzzle on head
- 0 gp.

Background:
Traits: I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff / I pocket anything I see that might have some value.
Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit - no one tells me what to do.
Bond: I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Flaw: I can't resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Trast developed his mental abilities early in life, much to his misfortune. His powers were too reminiscent to those of the Giths' ancient enemy the mind flayers and because of this the abbot suspected Trast was the agent of some illithid plot. Witting or unwitting Trast was deemed too dangerous to be allowed to stay in the fortress of Will Abiding and exiled from his home and abandoned on the material plane. After a short but harrowing journey through the wilderness Trast made his way into Waterdeep. Surprisingly the young githzerai flourished in the city. He used his strange abilities to find lost people and objects. And, occasionally, to defend himself. One particularly spectacular job involving a missing signet ring and a forgotten scion's thwarted bid for power even earned him an honorary position in the Cavender merchant house. Trast took this name, finding far more kinship and respect in Waterdeep than his birthplace in Limbo. Unfortunately "Finder" Trast became a victim of his elevated visibility and his own successes. A client who was secretly more interested in some items staying lost betrayed him. Held in thrall by an unknown psionic power, Trast never even felt the knives.

He's almost more indignant that he wasn't offered a bribe first than that he was murdered. Almost.

quote:

Name: Trast Cavender
Race: Githzerai
Class: Mystic
Background: Far Traveller

HP: 27/27
Psi(limit): 17/17 (3)
Passive Perception: 14

Attributes: 8, 14, 13, 15, 12, 10
STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 13 (+1)
INT: 18 (+4) (+1 racial +2 advancement)
WIS: 14 (+2) (+2 racial)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Skill proficiency:
Arcana, Deception, History, Insight, Investigation, Perception

Save proficiency:
Wisdom, Intelligence

Weapons proficiency:
Simple

Armor proficiency:
Light

Tools proficiency:
Dragon Chess Set

Languages:
Common, Gith, Draconic

Features:
Racial:
Mental Discipline- You have advantage on saving throws against the charmed and frightened conditions.

Githzerai Psionics- You know the mage hand cantrip, and the hand is invisible when you cast the cantrip with this trait.
When you reach 3rd level, you can cast shield once with this trait, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the detect thoughts spell once with this trait, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest.
Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells. When you cast them with this trait, they don't require components.

Class:
Order of the Awakened- Two extra Awakened disciplines and two extra skill proficiencies.

Mystical Recovery- Immediately after you spend psi points on a psionic discipline, you can take a bonus action to regain hit points equal to the number of psi points you spent.

Telepathy- At 2nd level, your mind awakens to the ability to communicate via telepathy. You can telepathically speak to any creature you can see within 120 feet of you in this manner. You don't need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic messages, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language or be telepathic itself.

Psionic Investigation- Starting at 3rd level, you can focus your mind to read the psionic imprint left on an object. If you hold an object and concentrate on it for 10 minutes (as if concentrating on a psionic discipline), you learn a few basic facts about it. You gain a mental image from the object's point of view, showing the last creature to hold the object within the past 24 hours.
You also learn of any events that have occurred within 20 feet of the object within the past hour. The events you perceive unfold from the object's perspective. You see and hear such events as if you were there, but can't use other senses.
Additionally, you can embed an intangible psionic sensor within the object. For the next 24 hours, you can use an action to learn the object's location relative to you (its distance and direction) and to look at the object's surroundings from its point of view as if you were there. This perception lasts until the start of your next turn.
Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Strength of Mind- Starting at 4th level, you can replace your proficiency in Wisdom saving throws whenever you finish a short or long rest. To do so, choose Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, or Charisma. You gain proficiency in saves using that ability, instead of Wisdom. This change lasts until you finish your next short or long rest.

Background:
All Eyes on You- Your accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and perhaps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories of your homeland.
You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

Personality Traits: I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.

Ideal: Suspicious. I must be careful, for I have no way of telling friend from foe here. (Any)

Bond: My freedom is my most precious possession. I'll never let anyone take it from me again.

Flaw: I am secretly (or not so secretly) convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.

Psionic Save DC: 14

Talents:
- Mind Meld
- Mind Thrust

Disciplines:
- Mantle of Awe
- Mastery of Air
- Nomadic Mind
- Psychic Assault

Equipment:
Ragged robes
Psionic? muzzle on head (50% chance discipline/talent failure?)
0 gp.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm seeing that a few apps didn't put their alignment on it. Usually wouldn't care about it much but Planescape is the one setting where it comes up in a couple of places, so still would be a good idea to have that info :v:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Orphaned at a young age, Earl was raised by the local priest named Dannan, a Cleric of Kelemvor. Earl spent most of his life isolated in the cemetery working as an apprentice undertaker and reading holy texts. Despite being a simple person, Earl took to the work well, and was soon performing all of the necessary ceremonies and rituals for the village’s deceased. This ended up being a necessity, as the village priest was a drunk and had been relying on Earl to perform all of his duties.

Earl's life was upheaved one day when a high ranking official from the church happened to travel through his small village and discovered their local clergyman was a fraud. In order to save face, the official had the fraudulent priest replaced and sent Earl away, spinning a tale for the simple undertaker of him being a hero of destiny. Earl set out on his quest with dreams of being a chosen of Kelemvor, but unfortunately his quest landed him in chains in the Underdark. Expecting that this was just another ordeal in his fated journey, he led an uprising of slaves in order to escape, which ended with him being burnt to a crisp by a Drow priestess. If he had never been sent out on his fool's errand, Earl would be back home reading books peacefully and talking to the corpses that kept him company, and this injustice is what drew his soul to Hoar.

quote:

Earl Kettler
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Cleric 4
Archetype: Death Domain
Deity: Kelemvor
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Hermit

HP: 31/31
AC: 11
Initiative:+1

Stats
STR: 13
DEX: 12
CON: 15 (14 Array, +1 Race)
INT: 8
WIS: 18 (15 Array, +1 Race, +2 ASI @ 4)
CHA: 10

Feats
Warcaster

Skill Proficiencies
Medicine (Background)
Religion (Background)
Insight (Class)
History (Class)
Perception (Race)

Languages: Common (Race), Undercommon (Background)

Cantrips:
-Guidance
-Chill Touch (Death Domain)
-Toll the Dead
-Mending
-Light

Domain Spells:
1st - False Life, Ray of Sickness
2nd - Blindness/Deafness, Ray of Enfeeblement

Personality Traits: Earl is oblivious to etiquette or social expectations. He has spent his entire life around corpses, so he has no boundaries when it comes to the macabre.

Ideals: Live and let live. When I first created Earl for the Out of the Abyss game I was in, my inspiration for him was “Forrest Gump, but instead of getting drafted for Vietnam he gets sent to the Underdark”. He’s very much a “poo poo happens” kinda guy.

Bond: My isolation gave me great insight into a great evil that only I can destroy. Earl is still convinced he is a chosen of Kelemvor and destined hero.

Flaw: I am dogmatic in my thoughts and philosophy. Earl’s only priority in life is fulfilling his destiny as a chosen of Kelemvor. The morality or ethics of what he has to do to fulfill this destiny is of little consequence to him, but that does not mean he will go out of his way to cause harm.

Equipment:
-Ragged robes
-Manacles
-Arcane muzzle

Reik fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 7, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh yeah just a heads up I'll be making picks at around 11:00 AM EST this Saturday, usually would make them much later at night but I suddenly have some poo poo to do that time so...

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Dolmir Stonesmith

Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Cleric 2 / Fighter 2
Archetype: Tempest Domain
Deity: Talos
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background: Acolyte

Attributes:
STR: 16 (14+2 racial)
DEX: 10
CON: 15 (13+2 racial)
INT: 8
WIS: 15
CHA: 12

Character Sheet

quote:

Dolmir found himself wishing they would just get it over with. His bindings chafed at his wrists and ankles. In the dying light of the fire, he could see his fellow acolytes arrayed behind the Elder, but none dared return his gaze. The scene could almost have had a haunting beauty if not for the stake to which he was tied. He began a silent prayer to Talos, though the irony was not lost on him. Perhaps he should try a deity of good fortune for a change.

The Elder stepped forward and raised his hand. "Acolyte Dolmir Stonesmith, you stand charged with theft of Talos's tribute, and disloyalty to The Order and your Elder. If there be any sign of your innocence, let our almighty patron produce it now!"

Nothing happened. Dolmir glared at his fellow acolytes. One in particular shuffled his feet and kept his eyes firmly fixed in the distance. That jerk had been the only other one in the temple when the offerings went missing. Dolmir knew he had been framed, but couldn't understand how easily the Elder was convinced. Wasn't there even honor among thieves? And The Order were not thieves. More like tax collectors, who occasionally demonstrated the dangers of not honoring the god of destruction and calamity. It just so happened to provide a comfortable living in the meantime.

The Elder drew near and spoke in a low voice. "Such a shame about you. I was even a little impressed when you 'talked' that old batty widow out of the jeweled urn... ashes and all! Ironic that it'll also be your undoing - very impressive of your friend to pin its disappearance on you. I"ll get it back, of course, but I like his initiative. But you're clever... and you true believers are only useful if you're not too clever. You're quickly becoming a liability to my little enterprise. Not for much longer, though."

Dolmir realized he had been played for a fool. "Your enterprise? Are we The Order or are we common mobsters? You piece of... and you didn't even cut me in!"

The Elder feigned a look of concern. "Oh, but he has gone mad with remorse! Patience, Acolyte, you shall soon be free. I call down the thunder of our fearsome patron, and offer your soul to the skies!"

rumble
*CRACK*

Welp. Here I am. Wherever that is.

Assholes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
KELDARTH

Keldarth grew up in chains. They were what he knew. Being unchained to fight in the pits was the only time he felt he was even alive. Men died by the scores to rechain him after every fight, but the cult of Rakdos knew his worth. He was Keldarth and he was a prize. 10 years in the pits wandering between life or death and it was a tiny goblin who finally shook him from his stupor. "Keldarth strong, Keldarth mighty!! Keldarth should not be chained!!" His tiny goblin friend sparked in him the seeds of revolution. Keldarth would not be contained. After his next fight, he lunged into the stands, slaying his brutal Rakdos masters. As he looked to his goblin friend, he only watched him fade away, the sigil of House Dimir wafting on the breeze. Keldarth was a pawn in another man's game and he would not have it. It took 2 full Boros legions to bring his madness to a halt. Now, chained again, he knows that the only strength to rely on is his own.

Name: Keldarth
Race: Ravnican Minotaur
Class: Fighter (Battle Master)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background: Gladiator

HP: 36/36
HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: 4/4d8
Save DC: 14
Passive Perception: 13

Attributes:15, 14, 13, 8, 12, 10
STR: 18 (+4) (15+2 racial+1 Feat)
DEX: 14 (+2)
CON: 14 (+2) (13+1 racial)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Skill profs:
Acrobatics (Dex) - Background
Intimidation (Cha) - Racial
Perception (Wis) - Class
Performance (Cha) - Background
Survival (Wis) - Class

Save profs:
Strength & Constitution

Weapons Proficiency:
Simple + Martial weapons

Armor Proficiency:
All Armor + Shields

Tools:
Disguise Kit
Blacksmith's Tools

Languages:
Common and Minotaur

Feats:
Heavy Armor Master (4th level ASI/Feat)
You can use your armor to deflect strikes that would kill others. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage that you take from nonmagical weapons is reduced by 3.

Features:
Race
Horns. Your horns are natural melee weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
Goring Rush. Immediately after you use the Dash action on your turn and move at least 20 feet, you can make one melee attack with your horns as a bonus action.
Hammering Horns. Immediately after you hit a creature with a melee attack as part of the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to attempt to shove that target with your horns. The target must be no more than one size larger than you and within 5 feet of you. Unless it succeeds on a Strength saving throw against a DC equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier, you push it up to 10 feet away from you.

Class
Fighting Style- Tunnel Fighter
You excel at defending narrow passages, doorways, and other tight spaces. As a bonus action, you can enter a defensive stance that lasts until the start of your next turn. While in your defensive stance, you can make opportunity attacks without using your reaction, and you can use your reaction to make a melee attack against a creature that moves more than 5 feet while within your reach.

Second Wind. At first level, on your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Action Surge. Starting at second level, on your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.

Battle Master-
Combat Superiority
Superiority Dice: You start with four superiority dice, which are d8s, and you expend one whenever you use a maneuver. You regain them all when you finish a short or long rest.

Manuevers: You learn three special maneuvers. You can use only one maneuver per attack.

Disarming Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to disarm the target, forcing it to drop one item of your choice that it's holding. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and the target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it drops the object you choose. The object lands at its feet.
Menacing Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to frighten the target. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and the target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, it is frightened of you until the end of your next turn.
Trip Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to knock the target down. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.

Background:
By Popular Demand. You can find a place to perform in any place that features combat for entertainment—perhaps a gladiatorial arena or secret pit fighting club. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. In addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.

Equipment:
Ragged robes
0 gp.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

No more apps!

Gonna make my picks soon after taking a shower and eating something.

e: VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV ok I'm not THAT strict, you can post yours if you were actually like a few minutes late

But really now, no more apps

frajaq fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 10, 2018

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
It should have been an easy job. A merchant guild had paid for escorts to get a caravan safely through from Waterdeep from Dragonford, and Farzool had been picked to lead the escorts (as well as gathering information about the guild for the Zhentarim.) It shouldn't even have been dangerous. The force was large enough to discourage trouble, and Horrin, his second in command, was well liked by the men and could keep them in line So when he set out with the expedition, Farzool didn't expect trouble.

He was a fool, but how could he know that Horrin was a traitor? Who, after all, would betray the Zhenatrim? Well, Horrin, apparently. As Farzool felt the dagger slide into his back, his last thought was that Horrin was a bigger fool. After all, why trade the power of the Zhentarim to lead a bunch of bandits? It wasn't much of a consolation.

quote:

Name: Farzool Wyrn
LE Tiefling of Fierna Warlock (Pact of the Tome) 4
Background: Faction Agent
Deity: Bane

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 15 (+2)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 17 (+3)

HP: 31/31
AC: 11
Prof: +2

Initiative +1

Proficiencies (+2):

Weapon: Simple Weapons
Armor: Light Armor
Tools: None
Saves: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Insight, Persuasion, Intimidation, Deception
Languages: Common, Infernal

Feats

Infernal Constitution

Racial Abilities

-Legacy of Phlegestos. You know the friends cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the charm person spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the suggestion spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Darkvision. Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet o f you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it w ere dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Hellish Resistance. You have resistance to fire damage.

Class Abilities

Otherworldly Patron-Fiend
- When you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hp, gain additional temporary hitpoints equal to your charisma bonus plus warlock level
- Gain as warlock spells Burning hand, Command, Blindness/Deafness, Scorching Ray

Pact of the Tome -Gain an additional 3 cantrips of my choice

Spells known:

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Minor Illusion, Toll the Dead, Frostbite, Infestation, Gust

1st Level: Arms of Hadar, Cause Fear, Command

2nd Level: Scorching Ray, Blindness/Deafness

Invocations: Agonizing Blast, Eldrich Spear

Gear
Ragged Robes
Manacles

0gp

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 10, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Well as usual this was pretty painful since there were so many good apps but here it is:

Arcturus Solar, Aasimar Paladin played by Dachshundofdoom
Dagat Tuth, Tortle Fighter played by Successful Businessmanga
Arkane "Ark" Brimstone, Tiefling Artificer played by Plutonis
Marbles, Kenku Rogue played by Wahad
The Emissary, Half-Elf Sorcerer played by Not Operator
Earl Kettler, Human Cleric played by Reik

I'll try to put the thread up as soon as possible, most likely later tonight after I get home

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:toot: Post-life crisis tortle is ready to be freaked the hell out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:frogsiren: THREAD IS UP :frogsiren:

• Locked thread