Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

pixaal posted:

4 Draco sounds like enough of a plan, anyone have any idea what they are doing? I apparently got into Alpha and didn't realize it because I have an alpha tester badge. I don't mind being terrible and just figuring things out for a round if that's what we want to do. An alliance doesn't seem too difficult to fill.

I've got a pretty good handle on things, but I don't feel like starting over this round as I already have my 3rd base up to lvl 3. I am happy to answer questions in this thread if you got them.

Main thing I have learned from the vets is that first base should be resource focused, solar flares and raiding lvl 1 NPCs are something you should never stop doing. Build the gently caress out of industrials after you've built some vettes, patrols, and scouts. Use scouts to find missions and send vettes and patrols to complete. Send vettes and patrols to clear out the lvl 1 NPC then come in behind with indies and take all their poo poo. Scan stars with scouts so you know when solar flares pop up and send indies to get those. You dont need more than 30 each of scouts, vettes, and patrols but never stop building indies.

Your 2nd base go down into the arms where resources are high and focus solely on mining. 3rd base send to an ice area and focus on labor. Then 4th base you build the heavy ship outpost and finally start pumping out your military by feeding it from all 3 other bases.

Another tip, when you are starting to get close to getting another base save up all your achievment awards and apply them to the new base when it is built to get a nice boost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

How many days into the game do you have your 3rd or 4th base up, usually?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
There are 6-8 of us on the goons.cx discord playing on server 3, Draco

https://discordapp.com/invite/tDaeUqz

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Looks like it's locked. How do I register to see everything on it?

Banjo Bones fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 11, 2020

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Dunno how many people are still going for this. 4 of us are vaguely active in Draco Sever 3. The very Astro Empires feel of this PLUS the cards/flares and stuff are enough. I like how the starting area is mostly protected although someone ganked my fleet. That said doing a massive Corvette raid is funny

This is the 'assault' to wipe what's above station

Some hours should have ~70k worth of resources with another 70k left.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Anyone still playing this? Having a space game itch.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.
The game went hardcore pay to win and most people quit over this.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
more like starbortion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
is the game still a turd? I just saw an ad on facebook for this and figured I would look to see if anyone wanted to be my referrer