Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for October, 2018?
This poll is closed.
:clint: Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Champion) 59 62.77%
:rory: Kenny Omega (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 1 1.06%
:mufasa: Roman Reigns (FORMER WWE Universal Champion) 19 20.21%
:yeshaha: Danshoku Dino (FORMER KO-D Openweight Champion) 1 1.06%
:drat: Daisuke Sasaki (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:quagmire: Marty the Moth (Lucha Underground Champion) 1 1.06%
:btroll: WALTER (FORMER PWG Champion) 0 0%
:megaman: Jeff Cobb (PWG Champion) 3 3.19%
:human being: AJ Styles (WWE Champion) 0 0%
Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 0 0%
:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:mmmsmug: Austin Aries (FORMER Impact World Champion) 0 0%
:lsd: Johnny Impact (Impact World Champion) 1 1.06%
:laugh: Kagetsu (World of Stardom Champion) 4 4.26%
:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess Champion) 0 0%
:zoro: Zeus (FORMER Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:love: Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 3 3.19%
:cripes: Nick Aldis (NWA Champion) 0 0%
:squawk: No, It's The Champs Who Are Wrong (None of the Above) 2 2.13%
Total: 94 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The streak is over! After 8 months of uninterupted domination by the IWGP Champion, the monthly poll for September delivered a WWE Champion into the winner's circle. In addition, she was only the third female wrestler to win Champion (of the month, Bayley remains the only female to win Champion of the Year) and it couldn't have happened to a better person: Becky Lynch! The asskicking, take-no-prisoners new Queen of Smackdown destroyed nearest competitor Kenny Omega easily, which is even more impressive given how strong Kenny's own wins have been in previous months. Can she keep this streak going or will somebody else be the combo-breaker to her that she was to Kenny?

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant - such as the Open the Dream Gate Championship this month. NXT is still at this current time a Development Brand only, and neither of its top Champions are included on the monthly poll for that reason.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:clint: Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Champion) - WWE wanted her to be the heel, the fans wanted her to be the face, and Becky didn't give a drat either way as she stomped her way through October into one of best WWE matches of the entire year. At the start of the month she was DQed in an ignominious ending to her match against Charlotte Flair in Australia's Super Show-Down, but by the end of October at the all-women's Evolution PPV she and Charlotte went at it in an incredible Last Woman Standing match where Becky's victory was clean as could be and dominating. Immediately shifting into some great trashtalk online about Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey ahead of their Survivor Series match, it was a hell of a month for the woman who none can doubt is The Man.

:rory: Kenny Omega (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - October was quiet for Omega, though he hasn't quite disappeared into the background of New Japan as is traditional around this time of year for the IWGP Champion. Defending his title at King of Pro-Wrestling in a rare triple-threat against Cody as well as his soul-mate/tag partner Kota Ibushi, Omega was able to retain the title and secure his position for his half of the main event of next year's Wrestle Kingdom against Hiroshi Tanahashi.

:mufasa: Roman Reigns (FORMER WWE Universal Champion) - Though Roman did not defend his title this month, and WWE was largely overshadowed by the utter horror that is the ongoing Saudi Arabia situation, it would feel churlish to not include Roman on this month's poll. After years of being pushed down fans' throats, a horribly booked title chase and eventual (inevitable) victory over Brock Lesnar, Roman came to the ring to open a Raw by stunning the crowd and audience at home by revealing that he had been diagnosed with a SECOND case of leukemia, and had no choice but to vacate the title and temporarily (hopefully) leave the company to concentrate on getting healthy again. For once the monkey paw was on the other hand, as Vince finally got his wish of the fans of WWE being fully behind and sympathetic for Roman Reigns. gently caress cancer.

:yeshaha: Danshoku Dino (FORMER KO-D Openweight Champion) - Danshoku Dino was able to finally fulfill his dream of main eventing Ryogoku Sumo Hall and he certainly didn't let his moment go to waste as he got completely naked in front of 7000 people in a bid to unsettle his challenger. Unfortunately for Dino, not even that was enough to break Daisuke Sasaki's concentration and he ended his night locked in the very casket he brought to the ring. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:drat: Daisuke Sasaki (KO-D Openweight Champion) - The King of Losers was able to take his rightful place at the top of DDT after enduring the bizarre offence of Danshoku Dino. However, an even more bizarre threat looms on the horizon as the leader of the Ito Respect Army, Maki Ito seeks to get a leg up in her one sided rivalry with Meiko Satomura by becoming the second woman to hold DDT's top championship. Sadly Maki Ito lost the election during the run in and Daisuke Sasaki will be defending his title against Masahiro Takanashi instead. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:quagmire: Marty the Moth (Lucha Underground Champion) - Somehow Marty the Moth is STILL champion, after beating Pentagon for the title under less than clean cirumstances last month. He opened October by uncomfortably beating up and breaking the arm of his sister Mariposa, then challenging Pentagon to a Cero Miedo match at Ultima Lucha IV. The next week, after Pentagon defeated Reklusa, Marty attacked Pentagon with a barbed wire bat, poured gasoline on him and made it clear that if he has to, he will set fire to Pentagon. Ultima Lucha IV will run through November.

:btroll: WALTER (FORMER PWG Champion) - Big strong man Jeff Cobb defeated bigger strong man WALTER to become the new PWG champ.Thanks to Beef Jerky Robot.

:megaman: Jeff Cobb (PWG Champion) - Unfortunately the PWG title is cursed, so Cobb may be destined to become evil. What is stronger, Cobb or the curse? Cobb probably. Thanks to Beef Jerky Robot.

:human being: AJ Styles (WWE Champion) - Styles rather definitively seemed to put to bed the feud between him and Samoa Joe at Super Show-Down in Australia to start the month. Defeating Joe clean and apparently injuring Joe's leg in retaliation for menacing his family, AJ was able to look forward to a new challenger in Daniel Bryan, who defeated The Miz on the same show to get a shot at AJ. However the disgusting, gross and abhorrent actions of the Saudi Government appeared to put that title match at risk as Bryan was reported as refusing to attend the Crown Jewel show. The solution was the best possible, in that AJ and Bryan just had one hell of a title match on Smackdown instead. AJ won that match clean, and with a submission to boot! Unfortunately for him, it seems Samoa Joe wasn't done with him yet, jumping AJ and putting a beating on first him and then Bryan. Now Joe has taken Bryan's place in Saudi Arabia, but AJ makes it through another month as champion and gets closer and closer to surpassing CM Punk's record.

Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) - Lethal faced Will Ospreay at the Death Before Dishonor PPV, but didn't have long to celebrate before being jumped by The Kingdom, who brandished a belt they claimed was the REAL ROH World Championship, and that it belonged to Matt Taven. Lethal and Taven traded insults over the next couple of weeks, but Lethal had a happy ending to his month as he got to team with Jonathan Gresham in a tag match against KUSHIDA and Jushin Liger, and Lethal even got to pin Liger.

:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (Raw Women's Champion) - It took her longer than it should have, but Rousey successfully defended her Raw Women's Championship at the all-women's Evolution PPV, defeating former champion Nikki Bella before being joined by the rest of the women's roster on the entrance ramp to celebrate what turned out to be a hell of a show. Now Ronda will face Smackdown Women's Champion Becky Lynch at Survivor Series for bragging rights, which is probably gonna be a hell of a match.

:mmmsmug: Austin Aries (FORMER Impact World Champion) - The lines between work and shoot were blurred for about the millionth time in pro-wrestling, as Aries and challenger Johnny Impact traded insults over social media which degenerated into a brawl at a press conference. Was it all fake (including the corporate sponsors getting knocked over)? Did their egos get the better of them? Regardless, it was a bad look, especially as Aries ended what seemed to be a pretty good title reign by getting pinned clean by Johnny at Bound For Glory, then immediately jumping up and storming out of the ring to shout at Don Callis who helps book the shows. It's... not good.

:lsd: Johnny Impact (Impact World Champion) - Johnny Impact is very good, of course, and he already had a new opponent lined up as on the next Impact, he was challenged by Fenix who is a great wrestler. The two had a very exciting match with Johnny coming out on top, and the two embracing post-match. However the month ended on a downer, when Johnny was found laid out backstage to end the show, the title belt draped over him by Aries' associate Killer Kross.

:laugh: Kagetsu (World of Stardom Champion) - After suffering the betrayal of her good friend Hana Kimura last month, Prime Minister Kagetsu suffered another betrayal as Stardom President Rossy Ogawa decided ignore the results of his main event poll to move her grudge match for Stardom's top title (despite what anyone else may argue) out of the main event slot. Kagetsu didn't take either betrayal laying down and beat Hana to the point where she couldn't finish the match. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess Champion) - The Megachamp returns to the poll after a great month where she defended her title in her home town for the very first time, defeating the unorthodox lick-based offence of Priscilla Kelly, guaranteeing that she'll carry her championship into the most important show of January 4th, TJPW's Korakuen show. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:zoro: Zeus (FORMER Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) - Zeus defended his title against Kento Miyahara at AJPW's Raising An Army Memorial Series, during which he repeatedly karate-chopped the gently caress out of a prone Miyahara... but it wasn't enough! Thanks to Coaaab and GEORGE W BUSHI.

:love: Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) - In supposedly one of the best Triple Crown matches so far this year, Miyahara defeated Zeus to take away his title. Though All Japan matches tend not to get many votes in the MOTY thread, this is still a pretty high bar to set. Thanks to Coaaab and GEORGE W BUSHI.

:cripes: Nick Aldis (NWA Champion) - They took the NWA Title off Cody and put it back on Nick Aldis instead. They did this.

:squawk: No, It's The Champs Who Are Wrong (None of the Above) - If none of these 16 options appeal to you and you just KNOW that you're not the problem, you should make your voice heard by voting for None of the Above!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm a cancer survivor and that whole deal shook me so I voted Roman.

e: Seriously everyone, check for lumps and do all the other routine maintenance, even if you think you don't need it or are too young. Get that poo poo checked if you find it ASAP.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 2, 2018

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Jerusalem posted:

:zoro: Zeus (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) - Zeus was successfully able to defend his title against Kento Miyahara at AJPW's Raising An Army Memorial Series, during which he repeatedly karate-chopped the gently caress out of a prone Miyahara. Supposedly one of the best Triple Crown matches so far this year, and though they don't get many votes, that is a pretty high bar to set. Thanks to Coaaab and GEORGE W BUSHI who I cribbed most of this from.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry to break the bad news to zeus fans but

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why did you troll Jerusalem and tell him the wrong champion?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I didn't! I guess neither of us mentioned in our MOTYC recommendation that Kento won.

I do take responsibility for my write up for Daisuke Sasaki assuming Maki Ito would win the DDT election in my hubris though. I'm the wrestling equivalent of a 2016 Clinton voter, sorry.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
The Roman thing is obviously awful but I can't not vote Becky after the month she's had.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Changed the problems. I should have looked it up myself but didn't think to, and nobody responded to my PMs about All Japan either so maybe if it doesn't do well in voting this time around I'll just drop it off the list next month. The list of champions is getting pretty bloated.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Voted for Johnny Impact because I want to visit The Palace of Wisdom.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I vote with my stupid mark heart and seeing as Roman Reigns has my sympy, he also has my vote

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Time to see if Becky Lynch's current run is more hot than an actual cancer survivor going into round 2.

I mean, I voted for Becky, but I really had to think about it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Voted Becky, sorry Roman.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wait is Martin from Tough Enough really the LU champion?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vaguido posted:

Time to see if Becky Lynch's current run is more hot than an actual cancer survivor going into round 2.

I mean, I voted for Becky, but I really had to think about it.

No sympathy votes from me :colbert:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i sympathy voted but it went to kagetsu

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Voted for Becky.

Roman would have wanted it that way.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Voted Kagetsu, then was reminded to put the Minor Champ poll up.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Voted for gently caress Cancer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I voted for Miyahara because AJPW is under-appreciated.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Shouldn't Cody be in there as former NWA champ?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Voting Lynch, entirely because of her loving savage "She tried" tweet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Shouldn't Cody be in there as former NWA champ?

I literally only put Aldis on there because I hosed up fixing ANOTHER gently caress up and accidentally was left with an extra option on the poll :xd:

Oversights follows a series of gently caress-ups is a pretty good encapsulation of the modern NWA though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

For once the monkey paw was on the other hand, as Vince finally got his wish of the fans of WWE being fully behind and sympathetic for Roman Reigns. gently caress cancer.
Double monkey's paw, really. We wanted him gone and Vince wanted him to be over, and now both happened for the worst reason.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Wait is Martin from Tough Enough really the LU champion?
Yep. Not in the greatest fashion since it came out of nowhere, but good for him honestly. He works hard.

As Tough Enough washouts go though, I'd much rather have Ivelisse as champ.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

where is okada? i want to vote for okada.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

where is okada? i want to vote for okada.

Too busy being one half of.... THE NEW MEGAPOWERS :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Becky is currently running away with it, but there is still time to vote (and Americans please vote in your midterms too!)

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Tessa still conspicuously missing from the poll... You can't be covering for your girl Becky forever, Jerusalem!

Jerusalem posted:

(and Americans please vote in your midterms too!)

As a somewhat freshly minted US citizen, 100% this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

♪ Vote vote, vote vote! Vote vote, vote vote!

Vote vote, vote vote! Vote v-vote! V-V-V-VOTE! ♪

It could be* the most important vote you make all day!

* It will not be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A new streak begins, as Becky Lynch managed to make it two in a row and bring at least a little respectability to WWE after 8 months of being completely shut out by New Japan. While Kenny Omega fell to a single solitary vote, even Roman Reigns' cancer diagnosis couldn't bring him within sniffing distance of Becky's dominant victory as her incredibly Last Woman Standing Match with Charlotte Flair meant she was not only the most popular champion but was arguably in the best match of the month. Can she continue that streak next month? Or will the last two months just be some beautiful aberration in an otherwise unremarkable year for WWE.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

• Locked thread