Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

When has their ever been an early game on Monday, it's always a 20:00 kickoff*.

*GMT/BST

Isn’t it because of a difference in DST start date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Isn’t it because of a difference in DST start date?

Our cycles are synced up again as of today.

The last couple weeks Europe was an hour ahead/behind/whatever so the matches were kicking off an hour "late" US time.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

peanut- posted:

Watching MOTD, every single match so far has had potentially game changing gently caress ups from refs and linesmen. Two legit goals disallowed for offside, a blatant handball clearance off the line going unpunished, and one of the most stonewall penalty claims you'll ever see getting waved away. Maybe VAR is good.

People must hate me for saying this every week, and I know it's almost gimmicky at this point, but the referees are honestly quite bad. I know it's hard job blah blah blah, but every week they're extremely inconsistent and regularly make just outright wrong decisions.

One I remember from the Newcastle match was the ref getting his card out only to realise he'd already booked the player, so he put it away again. What's that about.

the refs are poo poo

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It is hard, that's why not using technology that won't be very intrusive and get virtually all decisions correct is utterly stupid.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

kcer posted:

One I remember from the Newcastle match was the ref getting his card out only to realise he'd already booked the player, so he put it away again. What's that about.

This exact same scenario happened in the United v Bournemouth match.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

T Bowl posted:

It is hard, that's why not using technology that won't be very intrusive and get virtually all decisions correct is utterly stupid.

I sort of agree but I don't buy that none of the officials saw Bamba's handball, for example. The whole stadium saw it.

I'd put refs in front of the cameras after the game. We do it to players and managers after they've had a shocker, why not the refs?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

kcer posted:

I sort of agree but I don't buy that none of the officials saw Bamba's handball, for example. The whole stadium saw it.

I'd put refs in front of the cameras after the game. We do it to players and managers after they've had a shocker, why not the refs?

Because the players are millionaire manbabies with no responsibilities but to flog more aftershave or whatever, who can chuck their toys out the pram and face no punishment but more money. Whilst the refs are some part timer, failed PE teacher, accountants from peterborough so its not fair to publicly shame them.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
time for *squints eyes and looks like TyChan** Huddersfield vs Fulham

Football!!

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the leicester owner was the most important dude ever and was everyones dad :rip:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

Football!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxqmAxDlYU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Weaponized Cum posted:

Football!!

You wish.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Well I've never seen that happen

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Jose posted:

Well I've never seen that happen

what happen

every stream is poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The refs sound equipment stopped working so they stopped play while it was fixed or got new batteries

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
We are very bad and I want to go back to the Championship where everything was fine

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

You might be in luck there

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Myssu posted:

You might be in luck there

At least with the first part, based on what we've seen so far this season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How much did Fulham spend on new players in the summer?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

fulham will be fine if they can stop shipping 4 goals every game

hell west ham stayed up last season and we never stopped doing that

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Jose posted:

How much did Fulham spend on new players in the summer?

one hundred million pounds

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

one hundred million pounds

Lol. Maybe spending £27m on a striker who has never scored huge amounts of goals in the premier League was a silly idea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol Fulham what the gently caress did they think they were doing there

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Jose posted:

Lol. Maybe spending £27m on a striker who has never scored huge amounts of goals in the premier League was a silly idea

mitrovic has been really good for them, as have all their forwards. the problem is that they came up with a defence that shipped goals in the championship and somehow made it worse

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

theyre a fuckin shambles

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

mitrovic has been really good for them, as have all their forwards. the problem is that they came up with a defence that shipped goals in the championship and somehow made it worse

Really good in the championship yeah. Did they do the typical promoted team thing of not signing any good defenders?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

mitro has been good this season too tbf. they signed mawson and chambers at cb, and somehow mawson has turned out to be by far the worse of the two lol. neither of them can get in the team

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fulham have had no shots lol

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im pretty sure that was huddersfields first home goal this season too lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fulham are extremely loving poo poo

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Jose posted:

Really good in the championship yeah. Did they do the typical promoted team thing of not signing any good defenders?

Of the back four that we used for the second half of last season, Matt Targett was on loan, we sold Fredericks and as much as I love them, Ream and Odoi are at best half-decent squad players. Fosu-Mensah, Chambers and Joe Bryan are poo poo, Mawson is broken, and Le Marchand is, being kind, a tiny step up on what we already had. Sessegnon has ended up playing left back again when we'd be far better with him in the front three.

Our stats-obsessed ex-head-of-scouting-or-something Craig Kline has been on Twitter talking about fraud, money laundering and loving toxic waste dumping. All in all, probably nothing to worry about.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

jokanovic must walk

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

let's see if naked desperation pays off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Cool of the ref to play advantage and then not give a free kick as the player who got the ball immediately git knocked over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

jokanovic has to go, fulham dont even look like scoring anymore

• Locked thread