Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I think Lewis said that he got as much for this fight as his last three combined.

He's gonna need it, buying a yacht and an audi R8 isn't exactly a great investment strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

I think Lewis said that he got as much for this fight as his last three combined.

happy endings all around

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If not, DC should just buy a Universal title replica and bring it to the press conference when he wins.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Thom and the Heads posted:

so uh is it normal in ufc for a guy to fight in one event and then fight again in the next event a month later? bc lol how was lewis ever gonna win that?

he wasnt supposed to lol

they wouldnt have put him in there if he had any realistic shot

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stipe somewhere mad as gently caress tweeting rn

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

G-Hawk posted:

calling yourself "one of" the greatest of all time is pretty funny in its self awareness

The 2 losses on DC's record hit reaaaaaaaal hard. If not for one man DC would be the greatest HW and LHW of all time but that one man is a cocaine driven goliath.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Zyla posted:

he wasnt supposed to lol

they wouldnt have put him in there if he had any realistic shot

this is not true. they aren't protecting dc at all. this card had fallen apart and they desperately needed a main event.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Thom and the Heads posted:

so uh is it normal in ufc for a guy to fight in one event and then fight again in the next event a month later? bc lol how was lewis ever gonna win that?

No, but they badly needed a viable main event for this card and Lewis had a lot of eyes on him after his last fight so it made sense to capitalize on it while it was still fresh. They even had a graphic earlier on showing how much Derrick's instagram followers had grown in a month lol.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Man. I'm looking at those heavyweight rankings, and remembering their fights, and holy poo poo... DC is just so far above them it's ridiculous.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

poor weed man :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They once gave a middle weight a title shot on 2 weeks notice and we all expected him to get murdered.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Lid posted:

The 2 losses on DC's record hit reaaaaaaaal hard. If not for one man DC would be the greatest HW and LHW of all time but that one man is a cocaine driven goliath.

There's only 1 loss.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was an awesome card

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Another day at the office

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Cant see DC riding off into the sunset without taking another crack at john holmes

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

DC had more trouble taking off his shirt

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Lloyd Boner posted:

There's only 1 loss.

Is that the one where he was crying after the fight or was that the one that didn’t happen

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The one where he really cried didn't happen.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Great card just about all the way through. Women’s mma disappoints again, but what are ya gonna do

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Marching Powder posted:

he shouldn't fight anyone. he should take the money he got destroying mr. silva and retire. but he'll probably be booked against an up and comer who needs a case for a title shot. someone like adesanya, but they'll probably give adesanya some favorable match making which would mean keeping him way the gently caress away from someone even half as good at wrestling as chris, so maybe canonier, who chris will also kill easily.

Lol are we already doing the " when he fights a wrestler he'll get killed" thing.

Right after he destroyed a wrestler.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Didn’t watch it but Cormier seems like a good father and good dude and drat he’s 40 basically, good for him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dangersim posted:

Lol are we already doing the " when he fights a wrestler he'll get killed" thing.

lol. look, there is a very real chance that your new boyfriend is the next champ. for example it could be that he took his gifted decision from a dude whose name escapes me and shored up the holes in his game becoming essentially invincible in less than a year. or it could be that that guy he fought who made him look ineffectual was himself a world class opponent who hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet. i just don't think that's the case.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Adesanya vs Till next, imo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dangersim posted:

Prior to this fight, Brunson was 13 for 47 on takedown attempts in the UFC.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

weidman will not lean in head first like brunson did.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
DC says on the post fight presser that he threw his back out this morning by sneezing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LobsterMobster posted:

DC says on the post fight presser that he threw his back out this morning by sneezing

he looked like that's the only thing he's thrown out recently

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

weidman will not lean in head first like brunson did.

He's been knocked out doing exactly that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wanted to see Lewis win his popeyes chicken and Weidman not get knocked out and I didn't see either of those things

That said it was a fun night of fights

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

lol. look, there is a very real chance that your new boyfriend is the next champ. for example it could be that he took his gifted decision from a dude whose name escapes me and shored up the holes in his game becoming essentially invincible in less than a year. or it could be that that guy he fought who made him look ineffectual was himself a world class opponent who hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet. i just don't think that's the case.

Lol I'm just confused why your so adamant that a guy who just had a ridiculously.dominamt performance actually sucks for reasons your just making up

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

Prior to this fight, Brunson was 13 for 47 on takedown attempts in the UFC.

I couldn't care less about stats

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

Lol I'm just confused why your so adamant that a guy who just had a ridiculously.dominamt performance actually sucks for reasons your just making up

hmm i thought i said he was flawed, which i didn't think was a particularly controversial position to take since this year he was gifted a decision and looked like poo poo against a competent wrestler. thanks to you though, i now know that i actually said he sucks and then made up a fight in which he looked bad and posted about it like it really happened and luckily several people just went along with me and agreed that that fight exists. my apologies to you nobody should have to take that level of poo poo from some rear end in a top hat online

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Stats? Get those out of here. We post on pure emotion and warrior spirit and won't be having facts, good judgement or evidence get in the way.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Stats? Get those out of here. We post on pure emotion and warrior spirit and won't be having facts, good judgement or evidence get in the way.

:pride:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dangersim posted:

I couldn't care less about stats

Ok, instead of showing that hes a lovely wrestler, ill tell you: derek brunson might get called a wrestler, but hes not very good at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

LobsterMobster posted:

Fat dad just gonna rub some ben-gay on it and go win anyway.

• Locked thread