Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

LifeLynx posted:

We did play Solforge Fusion beforehand, which made Keyforge's gameplay even better. Solforge Fusion isn't a bad game, but the bookkeeping on it is miserable. Every time you play a card, you have to search your side deck for the next higher level version of that card and pop it in your discard, and then your spells/creatures get banished once they resolve/die, respectively. It means you're constantly riffling through your set aside cards and not paying attention to the game, and you're getting five new cards each turn so you have to process a lot of new information every turn. Definitely don't get it if you're thinking Richard Garfield was trying to do something similar to Keyforge.

I do have to say that all the bookkeeping you mention becomes second nature after a few plays. It kinda reminds me of Netrunner where initially calculating the breaker/ice strength compared to credits seems like an impossible mental feat, but eventually it becomes effortless and you just automatically do it while thinking about something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Looks like the game is getting another set that was crowdfunded in like 15 minutes so I guess KeyForge ain’t dying off quite yet. I haven’t bought the new set but the new spooky themed faction in this upcoming set looks cool (has a discard theme and discard-pile-based trigger similar to Magic’s Threshold)

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Honestly, it’s not gonna last long based off how OP is going.

People are buying the product and are willing to fill out events but retailers have little to no interest. Maybe they’ll buy a bit of product to sell but unless their events coordinator has a soft spot for the game, they aren’t making room for it over Magic, Pokemon, Lorcana, Yugioh, Digimon, Flesh and Blood, etc.

Ghost Galaxy also isn’t putting any effort into convincing them either. Their efforts into OP has been strictly towards their commitment to World Championship, but locals is pretty much dead with zero support.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
You still literally can't buy the most recent set and they're announcing two new ones. Lorcana is doing this too. Vaporware TCGs are the new hotness.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Star Citizen TCG when?