Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

John Company is Cole Wehrle's third published game. Like the box says, John Company charts the fortunes of the British East India Company, the most powerful corporation to ever exist. You play as multiple family members with investments into the Company. In the short scenario we'll be exploring you'll mainly earn Victory Points by getting family members out of the Company and giving them cushy retirements as Ambassadors to France or refurbishing the family castle. The key thing to remember is that your goal isn't necessarily to run a good company! You want to make money however you can and then leave another player holding India when it explodes in famine and revolt :capitalism:

I've still got a little fiddling to do with my image files (there's not a VASSAL module for this game yet, go figure) but I wanted to open up this thread for signups in the meantime. I'll update the OP with a breakdown of the rules ASAP. This is a work in progress, and all criticism is welcome.

Read the Rules here.

Public Google Drive

You can negotiate via discord, but all transactions must be confirmed in the thread!

First Player will go to the Goon who posts the fanciest teacup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I'm pretty keen but I'm in like, all the goon PBF so can hold out if you are oversubscribed.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Id like to jump in

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I wanna see what all the fuss is about. Teacup will follow later.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
The only teacup that matters:

(on the one hand teacup dogs are an irresponsible breeding trend that saddles innocent dogs with lifelong health problems. but on the other hanDLOOKATTHEWIDDLEPUPPERHE'SGOTAFACE)

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
I’ve been looking forward to this. I’ve never played this game but am very curious to see if it justifies its price tag.

Since I’ve never played before I’ll only join if we’re short. Definitely going to spectate tho.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Extremely interested.

My tea cup may not look like much but it's worth a cool 36 million dollars

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Six players at present, but a few are half-commits. And only two teacups! I’ll get the board set up with a rules explanation tonight and leave sign-ups open for another full day.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 14, 2018

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'm interested if you have space, but I've never played before.

e: Rebellion and economic collapse is no excuse to miss teatime.

megane fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 15, 2018

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm very interested, but relatively new to boardgame play by post. Count me in if you need another.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Solid interest post.

i like flowers

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
This sounds pretty interesting, though I'm also new to board-games by post.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I gave the job of finding a fancy teacup to my nephew, this is what he came up with:

I'm sure he'll do fine as governor.

nimby fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 16, 2018

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
...sooooo we doin' this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
I proclaim victory.