Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
Problem description: I have an oldish monitor that will not power on if it's been unplugged and then plugged back in. I unplugged my power strip to move some things around and then the monitor wouldn't work after it was plugged back in. It has done this before but I don't know what causes it to work again.

Attempted fixes: I have tried plugging it into different outlets and it will not power on.

Recent changes: Just unplugging.

--

Operating system: irrelevant

System specs: irrelevant

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes/YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

LCD or CRT?

How old is it?

Probably one of the inside components is slowly failing or now completely dead.

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
It's an older LCD. It's just so weird that it will work just fine as long as I keep it plugged in. But as soon as it gets unplugged it breaks. Once I get it to turn back on again it will work, as this is happened before.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Have you tried different power cords and cables?

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

You could try taking it apart and looking for internal damage (usually leaking/bulging capacitors that need to be replaced).

https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-LCD-Monitor-Power-Problem

• Locked thread