Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Not as self-contained as it could have been, and I'm kinda sad to see Jacob go. It would have been nice to have someone like him on Lara's side for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Fish Noise posted:

You repeat an earlier document's audio on Revenant, but eh, whatever, I have eyes. :v:

This is the most fun I've had watching flailing in a long time, so thanks for LPing!

Ah, of course I would miss that. I have the file re-encoding now with the error fixed. This is what I get for just copy/pasting the same file name and then editing the number.

berryjon posted:

Not as self-contained as it could have been, and I'm kinda sad to see Jacob go. It would have been nice to have someone like him on Lara's side for once.

I think Jacob was supposed to be a surrogate father here (I know, super observant of me) and so kind of had to die as Lara's character progression is all about getting closure for her father's suicide/murder, which means requires her to willingly let go or something like that, I don't know how that works.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Lazyfire posted:

I think Jacob was supposed to be a surrogate father here (I know, super observant of me) and so kind of had to die as Lara's character progression is all about getting closure for her father's suicide/murder, which means requires her to willingly let go or something like that, I don't know how that works.

But he could have been the cool Uncle that Lara can high-five on her way back to the manor and not replacement-dad.

Though I suppose him dying in this way could help drive her in the next game. :shrug:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

berryjon posted:

But he could have been the cool Uncle that Lara can high-five on her way back to the manor and not replacement-dad.

Though I suppose him dying in this way could help drive her in the next game. :shrug:

By dying this way you mean "killed by smashing a blue crystal that works on ark of the covenant functionality" then maybe.

Fantastic work n the Descent LP, by the way. I only found it today for some reason. One of those games I never got to pl ay but wanted to see forever.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Awesome LP, nice to see I'm not the only one who was occasionally having to struggle through it while playing. And Jacob was one of those "man was not meant to have this power" types with a combination of "too good for this Earth" so I knew he was probably on borrowed time. I just wonder if reboot Lara will ever get a "yeah, this supernatural stuff is completely true" victory where the world can see it rather than losing all proof every time (I seem to recall there was some suggestion in the original series people had caught on to the weird existing even if they didn't know as much as Lara).

Nice to see what happens when you "spare" Constantin, I figured it would be cool and all but I killed him myself on the principle "this way I KNOW the bastard is dead". I mean, imagine him coming back all burn scarred from that fall that "had to kill him"; no, I was going to kill the bastard, double-check his pulse was gone, then double tap the head to be sure if I could.