Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
We all have some deeply ingrained and buried memories that only come up when a certain sound/smell happens. I'm feeling all nostalgic so I'm making a bad thread to tell you about the one I can remember the most. Any time I hear Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle", I'm instantly transported back to being about 13-14 and playing some free online martial arts mmo at every available moment.

It was one of my first online games I'd ever played, so being able to talk to people was great while you pressed q on some block and your character did some sick kung fu kicks. I started consistently playing with this kid from somewhere in the flyover states, and we'd always talk about how when we got our license, we were each gonna buy a Honda civic and a sick body kit from ebay.

Our communication was 100% through the game, and one day he just stopped logging in. I hope you got your Honda Civic guy whos name I've long forgotten. I sure did, my sister gave it to me, except it looked more like this.

I'm a little sad thats the clearest memory I have. Post some memories ya'll got that get triggered by one of your senses.

Also in before "the smell of mold and latex makes me remember my uncles basement"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Christmas has a smell to it that I can't necessarily describe

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
The whole Bleed American album reminds me a lot of family vacations, particularly one where we went to Orlando and stayed at a hotel right next to a Fun Spot and a Wet n' Wild.

That album was a long-time staple of disk 3 in our truck's CD changer, and reminds me of many family road trips.

Dr_Zombie_Love
Mar 17, 2009
Mario 64 smells like soft pretzels to me. My parents would buy frozen soft pretzels in bulk from whatever Costco equivalent they belonged to back in 1996 and my 11 year old self would eat scores of them while playing N64. Anytime I see a screenshot or footage of Mario 64, hear the music, or even if someone says "It's-a me, Mario!" I instantly smell those lovely, microwaved, frozen soft pretzels.