Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGameVet

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
100 grams of the whole eggplant contains 100 nanograms of nicotine content or 0.1mg of nicotine (1 nanogram = 0.001 micrograms). This is probably too low of a density to be useful.

However, the Nicotine in Eggplant is in the seeds.

Eggplant seeds, which are the tiny, grainy pieces inside the flesh of typical eggplants, are unavoidable when eating the vegetable. They add texture and flavor, and they are embedded in almost every bite. But the insides of their seeds contain trace amounts of nicotine - the substance primarily responsible for the addictive properties of cigarettes.

The standard seed yield is between 600– 800 kg/ha (kilograms per hectare). A hectare is 10,000 meters-square.

With proper cultural practices, farmers can harvest as much as 18,000 kilograms of eggplants from a hectare of land.

Roughly the seed mass ratio is 3% to 4% (assume 3% for simplicity). So if 100g of Eggplant contains 0.1mg of nicotine, 100g of EP-seed would contain about 3.4 mg (or 0.0034g) of nicotine

Note: 100g of tobacco would (on average) yield 3.5g of nicotine. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco

Therefore Eggplant Seeds have about 1/1000th the nicotine of tobacco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Chewing on eggplant seeds and then spitting one into a spittoon where it makes a satisfying clink

alnilam

Wait til they see my calculations about nicotine and Grape Nuts

FluffieDuckie

This all sounds like propaganda from big tobacco :colbert:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
just to clear up any confusion, the forum title was inspired by the op in the edibles don't work on me thread, "i've been smoking this brownie for an hour. nothing"

then someone in the chat thread was talking about smoking an eggplant in the culinary sense

then i dried out an eggplant and smoked it to try and get high, not for nicptine

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
cheifin on a banana peel blunt sprinkled with 3 grams fresh nutmeg rn :rznv:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
smoking eggplants is a balkans thing, i believe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
much like smoking tobacco

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
placing an order for 1000 eggplants, weekend is looking good

VideoGameVet

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Hugh Malone posted:

just to clear up any confusion, the forum title was inspired by the op in the edibles don't work on me thread, "i've been smoking this brownie for an hour. nothing"

then someone in the chat thread was talking about smoking an eggplant in the culinary sense

then i dried out an eggplant and smoked it to try and get high, not for nicptine

My wife makes Babaganosh the proper way, by burning eggplants on the stoves gas burners.

It's a mess to clean up (my job), but I can't argue with the quality of the resulting product.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."

-- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

alnilam

VideoGameVet posted:

My wife makes Babaganosh the proper way, by burning eggplants on the stoves gas burners.

It's a mess to clean up (my job), but I can't argue with the quality of the resulting product.

wow save these kind of wild stories for TCC

Pokedad
I am a creepy cunt.
I honestly thought smoking eggplant was a sex thing

google THIS

Pokedad posted:

I honestly thought smoking eggplant was a sex thing

Plot's of movies but with an eggplant smoking trolley robot.

super sweet best pal

Had some eggplant for dinner. Had it in soup, it was good.

Starshark
My nephew moved in and he doesn't like eggplant so we don't eat it anymore. Or mushrooms. Or walnuts. Actually, we just eat pizza now.

Nosfereefer

"... speaking of smoking eggplants, why don't we take this back to my place ;)"
*date swoons*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorblack

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.

alnilam posted:

Wait til they see my calculations about nicotine and Deez Nuts

Haha, gottem

• Locked thread