Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

For when you inevitably go mad and decide to take more players:

Celgwen of Biel-Tan

quote:

Imagine you're not some form of interchangable servant-class worker. You know, someone of means? Relative means, I don't really care enough to know how it works with you all -- don't jerk around yet, it provokes a threat response! Like I was saying, you're successful and you've built this big wonderful house in these beutiful scenic surroundings. You go away for a few centuries, there's some excitement with your friends and family, and you come back to find a vermin infestation. They're tearing up the landscaping, but really, they stay out of the house and it's much easier to scare them away when needed than to get rid of them. Then another infestation moves in, and this one is real trouble. It eats houses! It's a problem, since this particular house has the souls of your ancestors in it. Luckily, the two kind of vermin really, really hate each other.

Anyway, that's why you're staked down over an anthill. I'm... mostly sure the shrapnel will go right over you. Orks are attracted to noise, so, I'm just going to give this thing a kick.

Strictly speaking, Celgwen doesn't really care about 95% of Torgia 6, but everything belongs to someone and that someone isn't a human who happened to be born there 50 millenia after the Eldar swung by and set up the local biosphere. What, you think maiden worlds make themselves? There aren't many (well, any) exodites left on this world, but that other 5%? That's got world soul under it, a survivalists' apocalypse-proof infinity circuit, and that's a real problem. The Imperials may know to leave things well enough alone after a few survey crews disappear, but the Orks will probably strip mine the lot and turn it all into fancy ammunition. Now, "Celgwen, go scare the humans away from the mass grave, we won't have the ships to spare to pick it up for a few centuries" has turned into "Celgwen, be a dear a kill an entire Ork horde all on your own." Bastard farseer probably knew this would happen. This all means she probably has to trick a human or something. They're good for this sort of thing, even if you can't set it up so they all die in the process.

pre:
Celgwen Firbenne, Advisor from the Union of Psychic Eldar Republics
Aeldari, Asuryani, Biel-Tan

tier 3 = 300 BP +10 just cause

Eldar (10) Ranger Tier 2 (30) -> Psychic Revelations Tier 3 (30)

= 70 BP

Attributes          BP
 Strength    : 3    10 
 Agility(+1) : 5(6) 33    
 Toughness   : 3    11 
 Intellect   : 3    10 
 Willpower   : 5    33 
 Felllowship : 3    10 
 Initiative  : 6    51 
 Speed       : 8     

= 165 +70, 310-235 = 75 remaining

Skills                    BP
 Weapon Skill     4       10
 Ballistic Skill  4       10 
 Psychic Mastery  4       10                     
 Stealth          3       6
 Awareness        3       6
 Pilot            2       3        
 Intimidation     3       6              
 Survival         2       3          

=54, 31 remaining                           

Powers                    BP
 Smite                    free
 Conceal Phenomena        free
 Psyniscience             5
 Conceal/Reveal           20

6 BP remaining 

Abilities
 From the Shadows: +1/2 Rank to DN of awareness tests to spot a Ranger due to lighting or cover
 Outsider: +2DN to interaction tests with the Imperium.
 Intense Emotion: +1DN to Resolve tests. +1 Ruin when an Eldar fails a Willpower test in an emotional scene.

Gear                               
 Chameleoline cloak (+1d Stealth, +1 Defense in Cover)
 Eldar mesh armour (AP3)
 Ranger long rifle
 shuriken pistol 
 knife
 spirit stone 
 bedroll, blanket

Acqusitions                        BP
 Silencer (Eldar Long Rifle)       3
 Psychic Focus                     3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

IC replies are on going but I'm not updating till Wednesday at least. Should give you guys time to post, and if you need more time just shout. Update a week is the pace I'm going for until things slow up. Lets have fun real quick.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

dachshundofdoom came up with these houserules for his own game. I'm thinking about them, what do you guys think?

quote:

Houserules:

1. Instead of hitting with both weapons on a success, Dual Wielding gives you a +2d bonus to your roll. On a successful hit you choose one weapon that hits versus the target's resilience. You can have both weapons hit if you score a Player's Call (shift three exalted icons) as per an interaction attack, and then it will be both damage values vs 2x resilience.

2. All Plasma Weapons do 12 base damage. The Supercharge trait adds +3ED instead of +2ED.

3. All Melta Weapons now do 13 base damage. The Melta trait now adds +3 base damage against vehicles and fortifications in addition to what it already does.

4. You may move double your speed when you Charge, or triple your speed if you are willing to take a -2 Defense penalty. Basically, Run and Sprint can be combined with a melee attack at +1d with no further DN penalty.

5. All player melee weapons do +2 base damage over their listed value. This may or may not be applied to enemies depending on how this shakes out.

6. All Imperial Force Fields except for the Storm Shield provide 1 less Armor Rating. The Force Field trait only applies to the amount of armor provided by the force field. For example, under these rules, if you have Carapace Armor and a Refractor Field, you have 4 (2*) AR, which means +4 Resilience, 2 of which cannot be reduced by AP. You can still soak Mortal Wounds with a Force Field.

7. Arc Weaponry now have the power to, y'know, arc. Arc Weapons now have two modes: they either have Spread or the Pistol/Rapid Fire 1 quality, whichever one they normally have. You can change your mode once per round as a free action.

8. Blast weapons roll against people's defense, you can't get cute and shoot at the ground for guaranteed DN 3 shots.

9. When sustaining minor psychic powers, you do not take a 2 DN penalty on all actions until you sustain more than 1.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
4 5 and 8 are fine but maybe we should actually have more data before houseruling the poo poo out of the rest of that

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Atlatl posted:

4 5 and 8 are fine but maybe we should actually have more data before houseruling the poo poo out of the rest of that

I agree. You wanna playtest that poo poo before his game starts up? Could do it in roll20 sometime.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I got a move and family on island for a bit so I'm not really good to do any live poo poo until after about new years

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Atlatl posted:

I got a move and family on island for a bit so I'm not really good to do any live poo poo until after about new years

no worries

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok lets bump this up to 8. If you didn't complete your apps before, feel free to finish up now. You guys have until the 7th to finish up and then I'll introduce you guys in somehow.

Xenos apps: try to have a good explanation for why you aren't immediately killed by imperials.

Ork apps: comedy apps allowed but lmao if you think you are getting in.

Mid-Boss
Mar 3, 2013

quote:

Name: Guardsman Calder
Species: Human
Archetype: Guardsman
Ascension Package: Stay the Course
Tier: 3
Keywords: Adeptus Militarum, Inquisition
Background: Agri-World
Languages: Low Gothic

Defense: 3 Resilience: 5 Soak: 4
Speed: 6 Shock: 8/8 Wounds: 8/8

Conviction: 5 Corruption: 0
P. Awareness: 5 Resolve: 4

Influence: 1 Wealth: 3
Assets: 0

Attributes:

Strength 4
Agility 4
Toughness 4
Intellect 4
Willpower 5
Fellowship 1
Initiative 4

Skills:
Rank + Attribute
Athletics 3 + 3 = 6
Awareness 4 + 5 = 9
Ballistic Skill 5 + 4 + 1 = 9
Cunning 0 + 1 = 1
Deception 0 + 1 = 1
Insight 0 + 1 = 1
Intimidation 2 + 5 = 7
Investigation 0 + 4 = 4
Leadership 0 + 1 = 1
Medicae 0 + 4 = 4
Persuasion 0 + 1 = 1
Pilot 2 + 4 = 6
Scholar 0 + 4 = 4
Stealth 3 + 4 = 7
Survival 3 + 5 = 8
Tech 0 + 4 = 4
Weapon Skill 2 + 4 = 6

Talents:
Cybernetic Reconstruction
Augmetic (Reticule Eye, Subdermal Armor)
Fearless

Abilities/Traits:

Wargear:
Flak Armor, Hotshot Volley Gun, lasgun, knife, mess kit, blanket, grooming kit, Uplifting Primer, 3 ration packs

XP: 300 / 300
Willpower 5 - 33pts
Intellect 4 - 18pts
Agility 4 - 18pts
Strength 4 - 18pts
Toughness 4 - 18pts
Initiative 4 - 18pts
Fellowship 1 - 0pts
Tier 3 Ascension (Stay the Course) - 30pts
Rank 5 Skills x1 - 20pts
Rank 4 Skills x1 - 10pts
Rank 3 Skills x3 - 18pts
Rank 2 Skills x3 - 9pts
Talents - 90pts
Born big, and only growing more broad-shouldered and robust on Erusea 3, Calder believed the Emperor's will was for him to handle and herd the great beasts that fed this corner of the Imperium, but in the service of the Imperial Guard he learned that it was to kill in God's name.

To Calder's surprise, and to his superiors' delight, he had a knack for it.

Thus began a long and productive, if not illustrious, career in soldiery that would see many enemies of the Emperor slain, but left Calder a physical ruin.
Decades of combat against xenos and heretic alike have left few of Calder's original body parts untouched, with many replaced altogether.

His most recent injury was also his most grievous. In the employ of an Ordo Xenos kill team tasked with rooting out and eliminating a genestealer cult, Calder's squad led point into the mining complex the cult had garrisoned. A cave in cut them off from the rest of the Kill Team, with the only option being to continue on, in hopes that those left behind would be able to catch up. Calder's keen eye and steel nerves thwarted ambush after ambush, but by the time they reached the inner sanctum, with reinforcements nowhere in sight, the squad was mentally and physically exhausted. They never saw the Patriarch coming. Moving single file through a narrow section of the mine, men in back began to fall dead near soundlessly as the claws of the xenos perversion passed effortlessly through carapace armor and flesh. An arterial spray, felt against the back of a neck, gave it away. The ensuing panic killed the rest of Calder's squad, but he did not give in to fear. His aim was true, his plasma gun was anointed in sacred oils, his faith was strong, and the Emperor protects. Xenos flesh crackled and chitin popped as genestealers were consumed by supercharged plasma fire. The Patriarch leapt, and Calder saw his death approaching. A flash, and then nothing.

The rest Calder heard secondhand. The Inquisitor and the rest of her Kill Team used mining charges to blast their way into a more sturdy section of the complex, where they faced no less opposition than Calder's squad had. The rest of the cult's leaders were slain, and Calder was found encircled by charred husks, his rapidly fading heartbeat visible through the vaguely human gore that was his catastrophically damaged body. Nearby, his plasma gun lay slagged, still white-hot from the explosion that had evidently both spared him from death, and condemned him. The Inquisitor ordered his life saved, and it was made so. The Emperor Protects.

Calder woke up to find he'd been fired, shipped back to his old unit - the Inquisitor had to move on while he was recovering, but she left him a note commending him for his service - assuring him the cybernetics were "on the house" - and a pin denoting service as an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper.

Calder favors a hotshot volley gun these days, as he trusts it would simply let him die if the scenario in the caves were repeated.
He notes that he is significantly smaller (though still above average) than he was before his "accident".

What's that? Put the helmet back on?
---------

I think I did all that right.

Mid-Boss fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 9, 2019

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Need posts from dachshundofdoom and mykkel before next update.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 5, 2019

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sorry for the late reply. Picks are closed. Welcome to the game wiegieman and Werix.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Just want to put it out there that with a marine scout, an eldar ranger, and my kinda stealthy guy with a rifle I look forward to some ace level triple shot Ghost Recon synchronized sniping action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

My PC broke and I've been lazy about setting up my new laptop. Generating an update now.