Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Burt Sexual posted:

My EDC easily overcomes this nuisance person obstructing my freedoms.

Electric Daisy Carnival?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blistex posted:

:stare: Thank you for this idea!

Everyone should do this

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Blistex posted:

:stare: Thank you for this idea!

Also, you can buy metal zip ties, which are actually cheaper than the plastic ones

Please don't, though

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Whooping Crabs posted:

buy metal zip ties, which are actually cheaper than the plastic ones

Please

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Whooping Crabs posted:

Also, you can buy metal zip ties, which are actually cheaper than the plastic ones

Please don't, though

I feel like we've just found some great solutions for the nightmare neighbors thread as well

Double Dash
Dec 12, 2018

We are all watching

owo uwu uwu
itt we post about idiotic road rage incidents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm41l8mHtAI

Seriously you gotta be careful out there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I live on the corner of my block, across the street from a church, even, and people don't give a fuuuuuuuck about stopping. One time a guy yelled at me that he didn't give a gently caress as he sped by in his luxury vehicle with tinted windows. I mean, I did yell that the red sign means stop but apparently that was just too much.

Normally goon stories about the public happenings they've seen tend to make me roll my eyes but car culture in this country is fuuuuuuuucked up and I can believe most of them.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I don't even have a car, op :smugdog:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My brother is into cycling and I remember him telling me one time someone drove past him and his friends riding down the road and they yelled "get off the road, bike fags!"
People are assholes and being in cars makes it worse for some reason

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I know people who do this OP it's for pokemon go so they can catch rare pokemon

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

A guy started screaming at me in a 711 parking lot because I turned right in a right turn lane

He also wanted to turn right, you see, even though he was in the center lane and didn't have his signal on, and he felt I had cut him off unexpectedly, even though I was in the turn lane and signaling

He followed me and pulled into the parking lot next to me, then confronted me when I got outta my car, but like I don't know what the gently caress he expected to happen I just called him a oval office and walked into the 711

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I hate when people move over into the turn lane like two blocks early and just fuckin' zip down it like it's their own personal speeding lane.

Like, cool, you just turned onto this road and jumped right into the turn lane to drive a mile but are honking at me cause I got over to turn into where I work, cool.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

there are an astounding number of drivers out there that need a good solid rear end kicking, and the overlap between those people and people who will angrily flip you off and follow you for a mile for actually driving like someone who knows what all those colorful signs along the road mean is basically 100%

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Milo and POTUS posted:

Normally goon stories about the public happenings they've seen tend to make me roll my eyes but car culture in this country is fuuuuuuuucked up and I can believe most of them.

A lot of goon stories read like stdh.txt complete with "they all clapped" but if it's a road-rage incident I'm 99.99% inclined to believe it because people are soooo loving stupid behind the wheel.

I've personally seen stuff that doesn't even make sense from the road-rager's perspective, and they still lose their poo poo on the person. The most hosed up one was a person who had to stop short because a transport decided that he was just going to pull out of a parking lot whenever he wanted. The first car that was blocked by the transport had to stop quickly to avoid a collision. The person behind him had to hit the brake even harder, and myself (thankfully the last person) had to fully slam the brake. Considering it was a massive transport with a 20' tall trailer on the back that pulled into two lanes of traffic, it wasn't exactly a secret why the first person had to stop short. The second person pulled their truck in front of the guy who had to strop short, got out, and started screaming at the first person (who left their window up). I got out of my vehicle and tried to explain to the mid 50's guy who was losing his poo poo that the guy in front of him had no choice because the transport pulled out without any regard for the traffic. I asked him if the guy ahead should have not touched his brakes and just slammed into the transport and then get rear-ended by him, but there was literally no reasoning with him, so I drove away. The guy in his car was filming the whole thing on his phone, so there wasn't any reason for me to hang around.

I honestly don't understand how people so stupid and obviously insane can afford to buy $50,000+ trucks.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
doing a road rage like that is a pretty good way to get shot in the USA

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I want to move to a civilized country where if I argue with someone about driving they'll just tire iron my brain in instead

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Moridin920 posted:

doing a road rage like that is a pretty good way to get shot in the USA

I challenge you to name a single activity that doesn't put you at risk of getting shot in the USA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

InediblePenguin posted:

I challenge you to name a single activity that doesn't put you at risk of getting shot in the USA

BEing dead

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Quit getting mad at traffic

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

poverty goat posted:

Quit getting mad at traffic

Buddy we're not people bumping and dodging each other in the hall; "excuse me" and "my bad" doesn't work at 30mph+.

If the consequence of getting absolutely creamed at an intersection was just bending down and picking my glasses off the floor, I'd be more willing to brush off bad drivers as being idiots and let it go.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dixville posted:

My brother is into cycling and I remember him telling me one time someone drove past him and his friends riding down the road and they yelled "get off the road, bike fags!"
People are assholes and being in cars makes it worse for some reason

People on bikes are the exact same giant dickheads to people on foot though so gently caress 'em

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

NoWake posted:

Buddy we're not people bumping and dodging each other in the hall; "excuse me" and "my bad" doesn't work at 30mph+.

If the consequence of getting absolutely creamed at an intersection was just bending down and picking my glasses off the floor, I'd be more willing to brush off bad drivers as being idiots and let it go.

If you drive a giant SUV like me then this basically is the consequence

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

People on bikes constantly act like loving retards around here so I'm not really on their side much

Riding your bike down the wrong way of a one way street, then blasting through a red light, forcing me to brake, while stopping too late and staring at me like a literal deer in headlights, makes you bad

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

food court bailiff posted:

there are an astounding number of drivers out there that need a good solid rear end kicking, and the overlap between those people and people who will angrily flip you off and follow you for a mile for actually driving like someone who knows what all those colorful signs along the road mean is basically 100%

It's true. Psychos like that are also why concealed carry should be legal in every state.

I read the local news and there's a huge number of people getting beaten or stabbed over road rage. Usually it's the guy who started it that does the killing too.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Around here the only people who ride bikes on the road have DUIs and can't drive

You can fill in the rest of the blanks yourself

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

InediblePenguin posted:

Being rich and white

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

People on bikes are the exact same giant dickheads to people on foot though so gently caress 'em

Bikes aren't supposed to be on sidewalks. Yes there are stupid people on bikes too. There are also stupid pedestrians. Pretty much any thing a person can be, there's stupid ones!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

InediblePenguin posted:

Destroying future generations' livelihoods

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Being rich and white

Phil Hartman :(

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

NoWake posted:

face oblivion with dignity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

There's a huge shopping area near me that's like a blend of three or four different shopping centers and a few big stand-alone stores (Walmart, Home Depot). Since they're not all technically one shopping center but they all connect, each one has their own style of entrance from the main road. Some are four ways, some incoming traffic doesn't stop, some only turning outbound traffic stops.

It's a real disaster of engineering/planning and as a result no one has any loving idea what is going on at any entrance/exit at any time. All the drat time when I enter at one of the incoming traffic does not stop entrances someone tries to blast out in front of me or acts like I should be the one stopping.

• Locked thread