Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

what's the status on shoemaker docket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Feeling subversive I go

“I invited some operations people over because they’re key people and let’s let them make decisions that make no difference to us but impact them the most”

*operations guys walk into meeting playing on their phones, never look up once*

*the brighter one walks in with a blank notepad, maybe commits one word to writing*

two months later

*operations complaining that new process doesn’t make sense, nobody listens, typical us-vs-them poo poo*

rosebud

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I'm in the middle of a team meeting right now. And, although I have the Google doc opened so I can "work" on it, I am spending most of my time here...

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Genesplicer posted:

I'm in the middle of a team meeting right now. And, although I have the Google doc opened so I can "work" on it, I am spending most of my time here...

well heck, I'm not about to tell anybody

just, uh, please disregard the NES emulator I've been quietly playing SMB3 in on my phone

if anyone else asks, just say I was, like, tele...conferencing? That's a thing, right?

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
*is a brown skinned man in an office full of PC white people*

Hey, anyone remember Richard Pryor?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Years ago I was in a guard infantry unit about to go to Thailand for an annual training op. We (a few companies) got a medical briefing from one of our top docs (a major iirc). When he connected to the projector and booted his computer up, it loaded about 10 chat extensions from various lifestyle websites like Adult Friend Finder, Gay Friend Finder, Kink.com etc.

You could have heard a pin drop in the room and no one ever spoke of it again.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

smells like updog in here

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Batterypowered7 posted:

I loving hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate our loving dumbass business partners. That is all.

*Whispering loudly enough to get your attention but hoping to god no one else can hear it* "They're on the call....!!"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

lizardman posted:

*Whispering loudly enough to get your attention but hoping to god no one else can hear it* "They're on the call....!!"

It's okay, I muted the mic.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Hey guys, I know today is the deadline for the project and we're all really busy and cutting it close, but that's no reason we should skip on our monthly 2 hour strategy meeting!

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I skipped an Agile kickoff meeting on Friday because my lunch beers meeting with a cute girl went long. Then when I got back to the office I said I was sick and got my stuff and went to her apartment. Best meeting decision I've made in a long time.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

dick wizard posted:

I skipped an Agile kickoff meeting on Friday because my lunch beers meeting with a cute girl went long. Then when I got back to the office I said I was sick and got my stuff and went to her apartment. Best meeting decision I've made in a long time.

Gentle reminder to send meeting minutes by EOD today.

Regards,
Richard Nixon, M.A., B.A., CBA, CSM, ITIL 2.0 Foundations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Which reminds me, there's this guy who is very insistent that people call him Dr. He won't say anything but if you just call him Joe, he sulks a bit.

I found him on LinkedIn and he has a PhD from a nowhere school in something like "political communication". Arts doctorates should have a more distinct title so we know to disregard them safely outside of that one required course in college.