Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There's a bit in the movie Chef where Happy Hogan is watching a puppeteer's show where the marionette is a skeleton dude and there's an Al Green song playing that's just hilarious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u1Kpi3o__c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The stranger things guys debut movie, Hidden, is a really understated horror movie in the aftermath of a viral outbreak about a family hiding a bunker from mysterious creatures called Breathers. Its tense, its funny, and the scene where the parents murder their daughters talking pull-string doll to stop it giving away their position is genuinely harrowing.

The first twist is fairly sensible: The Breathers are military guys in gasmasks, executing anyone they who is infected

The second twist is less so : When the family gets captured, it's revealed the infection has turned all three of them into vampires, they rip the heads off the military dudes, and go scuttling off into the sewers to live with their vampire neighbours

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Hidden was a cool movie. I liked it a lot.

ItWasMoida
Jan 31, 2019

I only come out when it is wet.
Hot Fuzz

Cop lady Doris grabs a "Wet Floor," signboard and KOs a knife-wielding cashier lady.

Simon Pegg: Nice move, Doris!

Doris: Nothin' like a bit of girl on girl, eh? Hahahahah!

Everyone: Hahahaahahah!

Quick cut to doofus cop totally not getting it, then pretending to laugh.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The only part of Armageddon I remember or care about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeUbrJ9uicA

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Great delivery on that line.

"he's got space dementia." So grave.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Speaking of space weirdness, the loving distress call sequence in Ad Astra was loving horrifying and out of nowhere. The movie was alright, but that scene will stay with me for a while.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

thedangergroove posted:

Speaking of space weirdness, the loving distress call sequence in Ad Astra was loving horrifying and out of nowhere. The movie was alright, but that scene will stay with me for a while.

I would have been more disturbed if I didn't make an offhand joke about Rage monkeys from 28 days later and then couldn't stop laughing in that scene when it was like 90% accurate. I was really glad there were only like 5 people in the theatre.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 25, 2019

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Here’s one, the bit in The Nice Guys where Ryan Gosling briefly turns into Lou Costello, featuring Robert Downey Jr as a corpse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPfMsxoEb4o

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That could've easily been far too broad and stupid, but somehow Ryan Gosling and Shane Black nailed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
In Jacob's Ladder, one of Jacob's friends dies in a car explosion. JUST before the car erupts, we see him and Jacob make eye contact, and the friend begins to smile. We don't even see the smile, we just see his lips start to pull up, then he goes up in flames.

I can't find a clip, but damned if that's not one of the greatest scenes in the movie. It signifies that the friend has made peace with his demons and is ready to embrace death.