Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.

Hell Yeah posted:

smoke em if ya got em folks

greetings fellow weed enthusiast, i am smoking rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crunchytacosupreme
Mar 26, 2007
IT BURNS
wake and bake.
smoked a doobie and made a fire and now im waiting for my wife to wake up so I can open some presents

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Arrived early at the local ice rink plenty stoned and caffeinated, stayed a while on some solo practice. Now for coffee and round two.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Got my hands on a lot of home cooked holiday food, a shitload of Christmas OG, and a new pipe to top it all off.

Im gonna have a great Christmas couchlocked to my computer chair while gaming and posting in GBS

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017
no special christmas weed here (flew to a medical-only state to visit family... Fail) but hitting the crimbo vape now. it is not the same as a fat fuggin blunt but we must sacrifice for the ones we love

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Special Christmas weed! Mom gifted me a fat ounce.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

my sister got me like 1000 mg of edibles this year :hellyeah:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i've smoked a lot of weed today. honestly i think i may have gone too far

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

methlord420 posted:

I'm smoking the special christmas meth instead :rip:

probate me please

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

WTF? Jeffrey, you've got some 'splainin to do!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

special christmas meth : not even once

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
christmas trees, glistening with ice

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Poor methlord420

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
do edibles not work for anyone else? i feel like every time i use them i just get tummy aches and not high.

anyways maybe ill buy some real flower for the holidays. dabs are nice too but owning a torch and getting butane always seemed so extra to me.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

do edibles not work for anyone else? i feel like every time i use them i just get tummy aches and not high.

anyways maybe ill buy some real flower for the holidays. dabs are nice too but owning a torch and getting butane always seemed so extra to me.

Edibles don't work for some people. It seems crazy to me and I'd love to know the mechanism for THC to just.. not absorb, be destroyed or whatever in some peoples' guts. But there are enough anecdotes including from serious potheads I've known that it seems to be real. There's some new edible tech, maybe I'm crossing the streams here but I think it's the fast acting nano-emulsified edibles which seems to overcome this for some people. My guess is something in your gut biology is destroying it too quickly for the usual slow absorption to take place, but idk I'm not a weed doctor. Maybe you need a poop transplant.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Most stories of edibles "not working" end with someone taking triple their original dose and waking up high off their tits and then swearing off edibles.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

Most stories of edibles "not working" end with someone taking triple their original dose and waking up high off their tits and then swearing off edibles.

When in doubt, repeat this mantra during the come up: "These edibles ain't poo poo"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

poverty goat posted:

Edibles don't work for some people. It seems crazy to me and I'd love to know the mechanism for THC to just.. not absorb, be destroyed or whatever in some peoples' guts. But there are enough anecdotes including from serious potheads I've known that it seems to be real. There's some new edible tech, maybe I'm crossing the streams here but I think it's the fast acting nano-emulsified edibles which seems to overcome this for some people. My guess is something in your gut biology is destroying it too quickly for the usual slow absorption to take place, but idk I'm not a weed doctor. Maybe you need a poop transplant.

serious potheads have too high of a tolerance for edibles to work at any recreationally available over the counter dosage.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

500excf type r posted:

serious potheads have too high of a tolerance for edibles to work at any recreationally available over the counter dosage.

wrong lol

don't worry, this has been tested exhaustively on >5mg edibles. it's a real thing, for some people. and also just lovely underdosed edibles for many others

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My November prescription is late, and I'm down to about half a gram for the week with nothing but a vague statement from the pharmacy that they hope to call me on friday (8 days late).

If December gets hosed up too I might be scraping the grinder out come the 25th :(

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

poverty goat posted:

My ex had the tolerance of an elephant.

She was tiny and it frustrated the hell out of her.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

poverty goat posted:

wrong lol

don't worry, this has been tested exhaustively on >5mg edibles. it's a real thing, for some people. and also just lovely underdosed edibles for many others

what?

I have personally witnessed people eat 1500mg of thc and not be affected which I definitely attribute to their water bonging 2 grams of weed a day habit

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I guess I'm a serious pothead? go through 10.5 g every 4-5 weeks.

2 10mg edibles affords me a pretty light & functional going out and socializing high

if im looking for a Holy Mountain session I'll take 30-40mg of edibles and do some big bong rips on the way up, preferably kiefy ones

ive very purposefully avoided dabs & other high potency methods over the years. BUT, i might just have to take a T break up until Christmas this year, been a very stressful work year and I've been blazing a lot. but that sucks cuz I'm going to be off work a ton leading up to the new year - day off with no weed what???

im approaching year 2 of no alcohol, and going on month 4 of quitting nicotine, so this next T-break is going to be some pretty rough territory I think.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Lemme tell you the permaban thread for methlord was vicious

Like idk if some of those wounds are gonna heal any time soon

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I mostly use edibles, about 10mg of THC before bed. 10mg of gummies will hit me in about 45min to an hour whereas the oil will take 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I have no idea why but there is a difference even there.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tarkus posted:

I mostly use edibles, about 10mg of THC before bed. 10mg of gummies will hit me in about 45min to an hour whereas the oil will take 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I have no idea why but there is a difference even there.

10mg before bed sounds like a nightmare to me lmao. It takes an hour or so before I get a tingling of edibles coming on and It's probably not peakiong for another hour or two, even on an empty stomach, so if I took some before bed I'd just wake up halfway through the night too high to sleep and super anxious that I'm going to feel like poo poo the next day. Even without the weird delay and my proclivity for listlessness when stoned, in best case scenario wouldn't you just end up sleeping through that vast majority of it and blow out your tolerance for the next day?

Obama2
Oct 22, 2021

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Lemme tell you the permaban thread for methlord was vicious

Like idk if some of those wounds are gonna heal any time soon

Should’ve just faked ADHD like an adult and gotten real amphetamines for grownups who work

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ArbitraryC posted:

10mg before bed sounds like a nightmare to me lmao. It takes an hour or so before I get a tingling of edibles coming on and It's probably not peakiong for another hour or two, even on an empty stomach, so if I took some before bed I'd just wake up halfway through the night too high to sleep and super anxious that I'm going to feel like poo poo the next day. Even without the weird delay and my proclivity for listlessness when stoned, in best case scenario wouldn't you just end up sleeping through that vast majority of it and blow out your tolerance for the next day?

Well, for me the high isn't too bad and it's completely gone in the morning. I sleep a lot heavier when I get high but that's because weed has a sleepy effect on me even during the day.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

20 Blunts posted:

2 10mg edibles affords me a pretty light & functional going out and socializing high

if im looking for a Holy Mountain session I'll take 30-40mg of edibles and do some big bong rips on the way up, preferably kiefy ones

ive very purposefully avoided dabs & other high potency methods over the years. BUT, i might just have to take a T break up until Christmas this year, been a very stressful work year and I've been blazing a lot. but that sucks cuz I'm going to be off work a ton leading up to the new year - day off with no weed what???

im approaching year 2 of no alcohol, and going on month 4 of quitting nicotine, so this next T-break is going to be some pretty rough territory I think.

You live up to your name.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

WTF? Jeffrey, you've got some 'splainin to do!

It's Christmas. :shrug:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I did the math on how much money i spent on weed this year and it was both too much, and not enough.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
was going to get some xmas acid but i think my gf's dealer got busted

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

if you got a gas stove + tongs, you can just set it on the burner

dabbing is so much better than smoking

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Got some apricot kush hash that won't quit being smooth as hell. Merry hashmas in advance.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

20 Blunts posted:

I smoke an oz of 20.0%+ every 2 weeks. Probably gonna switch to concentrates primarily, I'm having to smoke way too much flower for real effects now.

Ayyyy weed post posted at 4:20 gently caress yeah

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

I smoke an oz of 20.0%+ every 2 weeks. Probably gonna switch to concentrates primarily, I'm having to smoke way too much flower for real effects now.

Ayyyy weed post posted at 4:20 gently caress yeah

don't get high, just less angry

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I can't smoke weed anymore because it turns my brain to mush :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Blast from the past this thread predates covid by over a year

I don't know if I will get special weed for Christmas. I only do edibles so maybe I can find a peppermint bark edible or something. That would be pretty sweet but I might be in danger of eating too much. I have done that with a rice krispies style edible in the past and it was not a good time. I got some kinda weird vertigo and I kept trying to sleep through it but it wasn't happening so I had to just lay in my hammock and try not to move. I also feel really cold when I'm too high for some reason so I was shivering the whole time too.