Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

AHH F/UGH posted:

did they ever do a mea culpa for the genital mutilation episode?

They have nothing to apologize for that episode. You missed the entire point if your takeaway was that Seth was pro-genital mutilation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I dunno man, seemed pretty "genital mutilation is are culture, please respect it" to me

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want the golden turd to be in this.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I want lots more Orville. Better get people watching

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AHH F/UGH posted:

I dunno man, seemed pretty "genital mutilation is are culture, please respect it" to me

Good news: they clarified that everyone else in the galaxy agrees their culture is dumb and bad and definitely doesn't' respect them.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
It's more along the lines of "we're dipshits doing highly illegal kidnapping and torture of an individual that has a few connections away from high ranking members of the Union, also respecting our culture is the reason"

It'd be like if there was a planet of any other close minded fools doing highly illegal poo poo.

Then whole gender thing was just the catalyst.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Good episode.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ep 10 was really, really good

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Wow I'm watching the first episode of season 3 and they actually fixed the show's production quality and there's so much less lovely Whedon dialogue, thank the good loving lord

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Good episode, IMO.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

AHH F/UGH posted:

Wow I'm watching the first episode of season 3 and they actually fixed the show's production quality and there's so much less lovely Whedon dialogue, thank the good loving lord

Episode 2 and 3 were less enjoyable for me, just didn't quite click for me somehow. That's okay though. Episode 5 is my favorite and made me cry a lot. I think you'll find out why. I mean some really good parts in all the episodes.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
What was the design they used for the interior of Moclan black sites inspired by? It’s obviously brutalist, but I want to know if there were any actual inspirations from real life. Episodes 3.08 and 3.09 for reference, assuming The Orville doesn’t use some bizarre Simpsons episode numbering system.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’ll be periodically bumping this thread until somebody shows me pictures of the Estonian Museum of Clandestine Alcohol or the Moscow Museum of Soviet gently caress-Ups and they look exactly the same as Moclan Gitmo INT. DAY.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the cross section of the hallways is faintly suggestive of a longwall coal face

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Is there going to be another season?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Spinz posted:

Is there going to be another season?

We're hoping, but nothing confirmed. As long as the show brings in numbers they'll consider it.

Edit: Speaking of numbers, season 3 in the title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Just started Season 3—didn't want to pay for more than a month of Disney+. :v:

I can already tell the tone is a little different, and gently caress was it weird to hear Norm MacDonald's voice. Looking forward to the new direction!