Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

thats pretty much it man you invest then demand your 4% year on year growth

There's a (probably apocryphal) story about one of the heads of Nintendo doing investor conference calls until one time as he was setting up to go to one, he was taken aside and it was gently explained to him that the investors had asked he not do the presentations anymore because all he talked about was what new games they were producing, new technologies they were developing, how exciting they were, how innovative etc but all the investors wanted to hear was whether this year's profit would be higher than last year's profit.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

There's a (probably apocryphal) story about one of the heads of Nintendo doing investor conference calls until one time as he was setting up to go to one, he was taken aside and it was gently explained to him that the investors had asked he not do the presentations anymore because all he talked about was what new games they were producing, new technologies they were developing, how exciting they were, how innovative etc but all the investors wanted to hear was whether this year's profit would be higher than last year's profit.

:sigh:

Was it Iwata.

That sounds like it's about Iwata.

I miss Iwata. :smith:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I've always heard that Nintendo has a relatively small group of investors who genuinely care about games, but I don't know if that's true either. It kind of makes sense given that you never hear about their board forcing out execs, even though they gently caress up absolutely all the time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I was googling whether a bad person has ever gotten cancer and died. and the only things i really found were not about that. one of the websites was about what you shouldn't say to someone with cancer, like what Satoru Iwata had that ended his life. And one of the things on there was that you shouldn't tell them that if they die their children will be orphans or won't ever be happy again.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Iwata's children were adopted by the first Virtual Boy, i believe

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

Exciting times, we're up to 7 points on the preview!

I'm not sure what the "old" Seth Rollins is tho.

The stuff they promote is still hilarious. Hulk Hogan! Baron Corbin! Who wants to see this poo poo?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

I miss Iwata. :smith:

I will never forget the year he and Reggie had a fight for E3 and the immortal line,"It's canon that Iwata can do a Psycho-Crusher" was posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gj3fwoQl8o

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Did Braun legitimately forget his promo, his lips we're moving like he was trying to remember his words.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

that's what i appreciates about you Von_Doom

You were the last person I'd ever expect a Letterkenny reference from but well brought up, big shooter

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also for anyone not watching Letterkenny, you should be

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

Please pour one out for Kairi as she will die tonight on the E&C show apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArBfnAa-GwM

:smith:

The ability to cross her eyes like that is impressive, honestly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

VJeff posted:

What a weirdly aggressive take for something that hasn't happened and likely isn't happening.

It totally is, I know. But it would be the 2nd notable wrestler who on multiple occasions promised never to sell out to garbage booking just for a better paycheck. I get it, people gotta get paid, but it's pretty goddamn risky to think you'll go to the WWE and be the next Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles. Those two are pretty big exceptions to the "big debut->toilet status in less than a year" path most indie darlings take. I don't want to see Kenny Omega's career plummet like Cesaro's did. Cesaro eventually bounced back, but the luster was clearly lost and I don't think anyone expects anything big from him.

I don't think Kenny Omega is the greatest wrestler in the history of the sport, or anything like that. I just think he benefits way more long term from sticking with organizations that provide better platforms for a growing fanbase. If New Japan pays less with the caveat that the worst Omega can wind up in is a boring match, I still think that's a better deal for him. Creative control to some extent in the WWE would go a long way to shut me up. Even something as simple as being able to say "that is hilariously stupid, I won't do it" safely would be a major win for him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you're creating a lot of weird scenarios in your head.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah probably

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They're not that weird considering WWE's track record and Omega's status being up in the air at the moment.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They're not that weird considering WWE's track record and Omega's status being up in the air at the moment.

Yeah but every indication is that it's up in the air between NJPW and AEW. I don't think there's like, any shred of anything credible suggesting he was ever even considering WWE.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've probably been reading too much Facebook. If it's between AEW and NJPW, I'll just sit back down and read some books or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there needs to be more PSAs about the dangers of Darkstar syndrome