Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I would like all the bigots and doxxers (but I repeat myself) out of the forums, personally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7-9
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Thaddius the Large posted:

Lol, this is about half of women I encounter on Tinder, and I’m sure she’s absolutely lovely for plenty of people out there, but man alive it’s not me, I don’t have the energy or optimism to even parse what she’s about

you're a fucken dweeb

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

I would like all the bigots and doxxers (but I repeat myself) out of the forums, personally!

What doxxers?

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
So I know this is weird but you guys are awesome and thought I would check first. Has anyone had a loved one cremated?

My grandmother passed and was cremated in Louisiana and my grandfather passed in Washington about 2 months apart. Mom showed me the ashes between the two and they look completely different. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue or new that different states did different things. I can include a picture as well but wanted to see if anyone could help first.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I like this place a lot and for all it’s fault it’s FAR FAR BETTER than the dregs of the rest of the Internet and new social media spaces. Good god do you realize how good we have it relatively speaking?

It would be nice to have a real community that didn't rely on moderators to keep us in line as if we weren't adults.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thaddius seems right. That lady is putting out way too much positivity to be authentic. Of course it's a dating app profile so who the gently caress knows.

I hope TFF doesn't go away because internet leftists can't stop tormenting each other.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

It would be nice to have a real community that didn't rely on moderators to keep us in line as if we weren't adults.

Because unmoderated internet spaces have a stellar track record of not degenerating into hives of the worst shitheads mankind has to offer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He's making a point about cops=good, see

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I back the Thin Blue E-Line

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SundayMoney posted:

So I know this is weird but you guys are awesome and thought I would check first. Has anyone had a loved one cremated?

My grandmother passed and was cremated in Louisiana and my grandfather passed in Washington about 2 months apart. Mom showed me the ashes between the two and they look completely different. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue or new that different states did different things. I can include a picture as well but wanted to see if anyone could help first.

I only remember seeing what my dad's ashes look like, as I didn't have a chance to see my mom's ashes before hers was put in her urn.

I remember some big controversy about a funeral home dumping bodies in their property & putting random ashes in urns, but I think it was in Georgia?

Sorry I can't be more help. Hopefully no shenanigans were going on with your parents' remains.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chichevache posted:

Theres a reason I dont put my face on this forum.

I always thought it was because you were too sexy for this forum.

Also, happy new years TFF bros.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What I most remember about cremating my mom was being surprised at just how heavy the ashes were though I really I shouldn’t have been because that’s technically a human body after all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yeah I dunno why anyone would put personal info on the internet

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just made my first med order.

Huzzah

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Chichevache posted:

What doxxers?

I saw a bunch of people posting a mods name and where he worked based on info they pulled from a patent he has somewhere

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 1, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Also, make a new thread for the new year

Edit: I can name and shame the thread voters again if you want, but it's not that exciting this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Athanatos posted:

Also, make a new thread for the new year

Edit: I can name and shame the thread voters again if you want, but it's not that exciting this year

I got you

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908796