Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

physeter posted:

I actually have a new plan to attempt this summer. My dentist of all people came up with it, and I'm humiliated I didn't think of it.

I'm going to run PVC pipe from the opposite window into the hole. By elevating my end of it on a ladder, I should get a negative gradient right into the hole on the other end. Then I can fill the hole with whatever fill fit down the pipe. I'm still trying to come up with something that the squirrels just won't throw out (glass marbles are out), or that could harm the house (no cement or epoxy). If I want be a dick I can just fill it with poison and fish hooks but nah.

So I'm open to ideas on what I can pour into the hole during the day while the little dudes aren't home.

wood chips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
When we had squirrels in our attic, the pest control people set up a one-way trap (which OP probably can't put up, given the location of the hole) but they also set out dehydrating poison stuff of some kind. It basically makes the squirrels so thirsty they'll leave to get water and die outside, rather than inside. Not sure if/where one acquires that but it's the closest thing I can think of to something useful here.

Good luck, OP!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Expanding foam. Fill the entire void so they have nowhere to go back to :v:

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Expanding foam. Fill the entire void so they have nowhere to go back to :v:

Doesn’t really work on rodents, they chew through that like it’s nothing. Though besides poison I dunno what the OP could put down there that would be more effective

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Expanding foam with steel wool mixed in.

We use steel wool around/in some openings at the RV trailer to keep the fuckin squirrels out over the winter.

Bastards.