Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

African AIDS cum posted:

No he was always loving bad. They dropped Kasper Schmeichel for him lol.

Schmeichel getting loaned out repeatedly, going down to league 2, and then winning the premier league over a $500m City side is one of my favorite things about Leicester winning the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
There are people who will claim in a very hyperbolic way that Joe Hart was always poo poo. He did win two league titles and 4 golden gloves, and I don't think you can just put that down to dumb luck. He was definitely guilty of buying into the hype of being England #1, rested on his laurels and ended up falling off a cliff.

As for the Kasper Schmeichel thing: he was promising but pretty average when he left City, as you'd expect a keeper his age to be. He ended up behind Hart and Given in the pecking order. Note no Premier League team made any effort to sign him, then he improved with the regular starts he was never going to get in the top flight. Good on him, I'm glad he has done well, but he wasn't better than Hart at the time he chose to leave (with two years left on his contract) to play in league 2.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EvilHawk posted:

Gomez is probably going to need surgery again and we still don't have a fit right back for gently caress's sake.

fabhinio's played right back for brazil hasn't he?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

There are people who will claim in a very hyperbolic way that Joe Hart was always poo poo. He did win two league titles and 4 golden gloves, and I don't think you can just put that down to dumb luck. He was definitely guilty of buying into the hype of being England #1, rested on his laurels and ended up falling off a cliff.

As for the Kasper Schmeichel thing: he was promising but pretty average when he left City, as you'd expect a keeper his age to be. He ended up behind Hart and Given in the pecking order. Note no Premier League team made any effort to sign him, then he improved with the regular starts he was never going to get in the top flight. Good on him, I'm glad he has done well, but he wasn't better than Hart at the time he chose to leave (with two years left on his contract) to play in league 2.

This is a pretty good post, but it should be noted that Hart had a couple of good seasons at City and had an in form before-he-went-Arsenal Kompany in front of him. Either side of that is bracketed by Shrewsbury and the Hart we know today.

Or to put it another way, he went from great at lower league, to Les Sealey, to Premier League Barthez to Taibi.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 2, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

He also went to Notts when they were doing their money laundering/big project thing, probably made quite a bit when he got paid

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I can't stress enough how bad Hart is. He's literally worse than the Serie C keepers I've seen, and by a large margin. Someone please let me know when he has had a good game; Im not kidding. I honestly want to witness what people see in him.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

JFairfax posted:

Yes he has. I think it'll end up being Fabinho or Milner there assuming the other midfielders aren't dead.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

JFairfax posted:

Yeah, and at Monaco early on I think. Apparently Henderson played right back because Fabinho was ill earlier in the week and could probbaly only play 60~ minutes.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The thing I hate most about Hart is when he tries to be this pumped up leader at the back and then fucks up even more. Look at his entrance and then performance against Iceland. He's definitely that prick that thinks he's better than he is and probably had little actual respect.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I can't stress enough how bad Hart is. He's literally worse than the Serie C keepers I've seen, and by a large margin. Someone please let me know when he has had a good game; Im not kidding. I honestly want to witness what people see in him.

The best was when his loan was up at Torino and some reporter asked Cairo if they would look to buy Hart permanently and he said "We probably didn’t expect so many mistakes from an England international..."

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joe fart imho

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

The best was when his loan was up at Torino and some reporter asked Cairo if they would look to buy Hart permanently and he said "We probably didn’t expect so many mistakes from an England international..."

I'm still not convinced that whole move wasn't a money laundering scheme.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
how many mistakes were due to bad communication with defenders at torino and how many of them were straight up hart letting the ball squirm under him

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Why would Hart have any problems communicating in Italy? He's great at waving his hands around aimlessly

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

Why would Hart have any problems communicating in Italy? He's great at waving his hands around aimlessly

lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Gigi Galli posted:

He always was real bad but to be "rated" by english fans you just have to elbow people on corners and always punch the ball instead of catching it, make spectacular dives at balls that were going out of play and yell a lot at the defenders

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

how many mistakes were due to bad communication with defenders at torino and how many of them were straight up hart letting the ball squirm under him

look into your, uh, Hart, you'll know the answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtfZ-CNNlx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cbN9XqX24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoVD8PoaUSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7WBBxQDkQ&t=20s

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

oh joe :smith:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a hart-knock life ;)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All my Shrewsbury mates say he was a total oval office when he was there.

Unlike Dave Edwards who is a top fella.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
maybe he should pull a michael jordan and switch over to cricket, imagine him doing the pirlo faces as a wicket keeper, phwoar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The thing I hate most about Hart is when he tries to be this pumped up leader at the back and then fucks up even more. Look at his entrance and then performance against Iceland. He's definitely that prick that thinks he's better than he is and probably had little actual respect.

:agreed:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

African AIDS cum posted:

He always was real bad but to be "rated" by english fans you just have to elbow people on corners and always punch the ball instead of catching it, make spectacular dives at balls that were going out of play and yell a lot at the defenders

I think English people like keepers catching the ball, continentals punch because they are scared of getting in the mixer imo

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Gigi Galli posted:

I watched a bunch of best saves things on youtube and there are some nice saves low down with his hands but thats about it. The number of routine saves where he pushes the ball over the bar but jumps with bent legs so it looks better is ridiculous.

He was sort of a Mark Hughes level of city player then he started drinking head and shoulders shampoo and it hosed him.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I sure do love the big dumb manager of team I support.

https://twitter.com/Spurs_fl/status/1091716498232668166

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Here's a surprisingly difficult to google question, and I'm happy for it to be Premier League only.

What's the smallest lead that's always been safe. i.e - no-one has ever lost or drawn from.

I've seen a lead of 3 goals get blown, I don't remember a 4.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Dudley posted:

Here's a surprisingly difficult to google question, and I'm happy for it to be Premier League only.

What's the smallest lead that's always been safe. i.e - no-one has ever lost or drawn from.

I've seen a lead of 3 goals get blown, I don't remember a 4.

Wasn't there a 4-4 Newcastle v Arsenal back in the Pardew days?

e - Yeah it was. Arsenal 4 up at half, Walcott 1, Djourou 3, Van Persie 10, 26

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
This game is legendary op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmdl-oadpqo

e: ^^lol

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

gtkor posted:

Wasn't there a 4-4 Newcastle v Arsenal back in the Pardew days?

e - Yeah it was. Arsenal 4 up at half, Walcott 1, Djourou 3, Van Persie 10, 26

Nice.

Anyone got 5?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

United were 3-0 and 5-2 up in Fergie's last match and drew 5-5.

No one has 5.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/aufholjagden/wettbewerb/GB1

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tiote's only goal for Newcastle, a 25 yard volley to dagger my soul. RIP.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well this is the most Arsenal game I've ever watched. I'm enjoying the Newcastle fans loving off at 4-0 down too.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Shrapnig posted:

United were 3-0 and 5-2 up in Fergie's last match and drew 5-5.

No one has 5.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/aufholjagden/wettbewerb/GB1

Spurs blowing a 3-0 and losing 5-3 is entertaining.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Lmao thanks for this

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Joe Hart has a really big head, but you never really notice how big it is until it's directly next to someone with a normal sized head

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Blue Star Error posted:

lmao

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
New thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881230

Also I made its little tile "poo poo post" because I forgot about picking one again. :doh:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Tiote's only goal for Newcastle, a 25 yard volley to dagger my soul. RIP.

Tiote also scored a screamer against man city that was ruled out incorrectly