Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Hey everyone out there in radio land, its Smilin' Simon, your Coast-to-Coast Host with the Most, bringing you a walk down memory lane as we remember the great pop tunes that we sung along to over the years.

We were just going back to 1995, when Hotboy Lover had all of America singing along to his feel good romantic anthem "Lets Get Sticky, Baby"...and then we played the B-Side to that record, a more experimental piece called "Untitled Composition #5" whose atonal, monotonous sound had beach goers feeling party vibes!

On our next bit, callers can call in with their birthdays, and I will play the song that was #1 at the top of the charts that week!

(This is where you post your real or pretend birthday and Smilin' Simon posts a song recap from that date)

glowing-fish fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
here's a flash back to 1998 and the controversial group "man love boy" and their chart topping hit "man van"

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Luvcow posted:

here's a flash back to 1998 and the controversial group "man love boy" and their chart topping hit "man van"

Although the lyrics caused a bit of a controversy, no one in the country could resist tapping their toes to its catchy beat!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
hello Smilin' sImon, long time listener first time caller I LOVE your show! Can you give me some intresting trivia about my birthday, April 20th 1969?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

bare bottom pancakes posted:

hello Smilin' sImon, long time listener first time caller I LOVE your show! Can you give me some intresting trivia about my birthday, April 20th 1969?

avril lavigne's future husband had his first grandchild on this day, april 20th 1969!

now here's avril's latest authentic punk hit "t8tor tot"

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Luvcow posted:

avril lavigne's future husband had his first grandchild on this day, april 20th 1969!

now here's avril's latest authentic punk hit "t8tor tot"

Sung as a heart felt tribute to the 37 workers who died in an explosion of an Ore-Ida potato processing plant accident, this tearful ballad showed Avril at her most soulful.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

glowing-fish posted:

Sung as a heart felt tribute to the 37 workers who died in an explosion of an Ore-Ida potato processing plant accident, this tearful ballad showed Avril at her most soulful.

Macnult

What’s crackin Smilin’ Simon,

I’m an ageless entity that travels through radio frequencies and feeds off the souls of avid top-40s listeners, but in my downtime I love tuning into your show. My creation date is unknown, but next to an ugly mugshot on my license it says December 11, 1962. Got any smilin’ facts from that date? I’d love to hear it. You da best, Simon!

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Macnult posted:

What’s crackin Smilin’ Simon,

I’m an ageless entity that travels through radio frequencies and feeds off the souls of avid top-40s listeners, but in my downtime I love tuning into your show. My creation date is unknown, but next to an ugly mugshot on my license it says December 11, 1962. Got any smilin’ facts from that date? I’d love to hear it. You da best, Simon!

It was a time most of us don't really remember: a time after Elvis, and before The Beatles. A optimistic time for the nation, as young couples drove their convertibles to the drive-in movie theater or the soda fountain. And along the way, one of the songs that they might have listened to is Pat Boone's sweet love song "Shrek, Spongebob and Shadow", which had all kids slow dancing at the sock hops back in winter of 1962.

Space Taxi
Welcome to the Smilin' Simon show. This week, we'll be talking about the crushing chronic depression I've battled for my entire life.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Space Taxi posted:

Welcome to the Smilin' Simon show. This week, we'll be talking about the crushing chronic depression I've battled for my entire life.

Back in 1998, for the Rugrats movie, Olivia Newton-John recorded this snappy little number "Please Help Me", describing her battle with depression. It was noted not just for its unforgettable vocal track, with her repeating the words "Please Help Me", but also for its innovative musical backing, which consisted solely of the sped-up sound of a chicken bone dissolving in a glass of coca-cola over the course of two days.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

glowing-fish posted:

(This is where you post your real or pretend birthday and Smilin' Simon posts a song recap from that date)

I am an old goon born in November 1966, so I don't think surviving records go back that far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Bacon Taco posted:

I am an old goon born in November 1966, so I don't think surviving records go back that far!

In late 1966, the Rolling Stones were big...but they couldn't quite catch up to the biggest name in pop music, The Beatles. To try to capture some of the Beatles peppy rhythms, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards kidnapped Ringo Starr at gunpoint to drum on this smash single, "Under My Thumb", and you can tell from that driving beat, that Ringo is performing with all the enthusiasm of a man drumming for his life. Lets groove along to Mick, Keith and a pants-making GBS threads Ringo on this great track!