Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/1213127940935966724

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ganso Bomb posted:

Holy poo poo, I just went to the NJPWWorld site to check the times for WK in my area (US, Central Time) and am very very happy.

Night 1 starts at 1am here and Night 2 starts at 11pm! I'm used to having to wake my rear end up at 3am for these shows.

This fuckin rules.
Getting up before 6AM on a Sunday morning is unusual, but not the end of world either. It's gonna be a great weekend, everybody!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't tried to log in for a Livestream in a while, is there a way to start from the beginning of the event yet, or is it still "watch live or wait for the VOD?"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Deathlove posted:

I haven't tried to log in for a Livestream in a while, is there a way to start from the beginning of the event yet, or is it still "watch live or wait for the VOD?"

Wait for the VOD

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Here's a good warm up for wrestle kingdom, CHAOS vs the Rascalz from Warrior Wrestling

https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/1213131537631338496?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

owner of a certain wrestling shop in tokyo told me new japan is going to be on dazn soon so i’m sharing that here now

Biggest gossip in Tokyo lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
DAZN loving sucks so I hope those rumors aren't true

Just hook up with Fite if they can't get on real TV

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Go on Twitch, run pretaped poo poo everytime TNA goes live. screenshot the metrics and tweet them at TNA with crylaughing emojis.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Deathlove posted:

I think you can rewind it, but you need to do it manually in the browser. I've done it before, but I don't know if it cuts off when the stream ends.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Benne posted:

DAZN loving sucks so I hope those rumors aren't true

Just hook up with Fite if they can't get on real TV

Maybe it's just over here but loads of their events turn up on Fite. They're offering a "Wrestle Kingdom pack" of both nights plus New Year Dash for $50

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Maybe it's just over here but loads of their events turn up on Fite. They're offering a "Wrestle Kingdom pack" of both nights plus New Year Dash for $50

They do in Canada as well

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DAZN is throwing out money for exclusives so if NJPW gets something out of it without diminishing their existing service, that'd be cool.

UFC shot themselves in the foot with splitting their exclusive content between Fight Pass and ESPN's paywall service and its really hit them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

Why would someone spend $50 when they can spend under $10 to get a month of World and get all those shows and 4 or 5 Fantasticamania shows (I forget exactly). Okay, I know the answer to that but jesus christ don't spend $50 on Wrestle Kingdom and don't let anyone else you know do so either.

If they want to get on TV, get on TV. I don't see how a version of World Pro Wrestling on a different streaming platform actually helps promote the company & bring it to a broader audience. Maybe if it was on something that's actually subscribed to by a lot of people like Prime or Netflix but you'd be as well off putting it on Youtube as you would on Fite.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

Why would someone spend $50 when they can spend under $10 to get a month of World and get all those shows and 4 or 5 Fantasticamania shows (I forget exactly). Okay, I know the answer to that but jesus christ don't spend $50 on Wrestle Kingdom and don't let anyone else you know do so either.

If they want to get on TV, get on TV. I don't see how a version of World Pro Wrestling on a different streaming platform actually helps promote the company & bring it to a broader audience. Maybe if it was on something that's actually subscribed to by a lot of people like Prime or Netflix but you'd be as well off putting it on Youtube as you would on Fite.

| am sometimes surprised that neither Netflix nor Prime have put any money behind a small scale wrestling show. I know both have hosted wrestling content, but I'd think a well promoted original show would get viewers. And Amazon has definitely done other sports broadcasting before.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

| am sometimes surprised that neither Netflix nor Prime have put any money behind a small scale wrestling show. I know both have hosted wrestling content, but I'd think a well promoted original show would get viewers. And Amazon has definitely done other sports broadcasting before.

Jeff Bezos thinks wrestling is for poor people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DAZN actually owns a lot

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

DAZN actually owns a lot

I can't really justify another paywall service but I haven't really heard a significant number of complaints about it. But then again, most fight junkies are used to russians bitcoining while they watch fights sooooo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder what kind of numbers LU did for Netflix

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder what kind of numbers LU did for Netflix

it must have been pretty bad for as quickly as they were cycled out.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

After listening to the Omakase Year in Review, Damon and Joel of the Super J Cast really made it sound like New Japan’s plan for what to do during the Olympics is to do a reasonably lengthy US tour that’ll end with a big New York show. I’m guessing we’ll find out about that tonight(!) with a bunch of hints of “hey if you liked their MSG showing, maybe leave your late summer open if you wanna go back to New York City and have some paninis”.

Which seems pretty sensible. All your regular Tokyo venues are booked up during the middle of what would be your G1 shows, might as well push the G1 to start right after the Olympics clear out and tour America and maybe Europe during the Games.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maybe this time they'll book an ambulance in advance for their shows.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As long as we get another Royal Quest this summer as well :colbert:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Olympics don't even start until mid-August, which is usually when the G1 ends. I don't know what's stopping them from just moving the schedule up a few weeks and avoiding conflict altogether.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

The Olympics don't even start until mid-August, which is usually when the G1 ends. I don't know what's stopping them from just moving the schedule up a few weeks and avoiding conflict altogether.

Venues may be booked in advance for prep work for the Olympics or for use as practice facilities in the lead up to the games

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

because the IOC will book out those venues well ahead of time. Running the olympics is a loving nightmare because of all the built in grift.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'd rather have the G1 a bit later in the year rather than earlier so I'm cool w this

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When is the 1st show, in the UK? Is it around 24 hours from now?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

When is the 1st show, in the UK? Is it around 24 hours from now?
more like 10 hours, it starts at 7am in the uk

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Great stuff, I'll catch it tomorrow evening. Cheers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

As long as we get another Royal Quest Night 1 of the G1 in London this summer as well :colbert:

FTFY

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CHICAGO WHEN HAROLD

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I really wonder if the DAZN coverage will be Japan or overseas. I can see it being for the European and North American versions. Using the English commentary feed for DAZN would be very very smart.

It’s a great service for me in Japan, because they have tons of European soccer, select MLB games, all the Japanese baseball and soccer, and Formula 1, plus some rugby and other odds and ends. I know they’re leaning on the fights for the US.

Benne posted:

Nah man they start in late July, and also the Paralympics will be running in late August as well. NJPW needs to avoid Tokyo for a bit this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Closing this thread, Thauros can reopen if after Wrestle Kingdom if they like or just make a new thread. Wrestle Kingdom thread is here.