Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
This is like my second or third thread about this dumb computer. I built a new computer about 7 weeks ago, just retaining old hard drives and the case. I also upgraded from Win7 to Win10 without flattening. The computer gets random blue screens, most commonly within 1-10 minutes after starting up, occasionally when browsing the internet within 30 min or so of starting up, but never when playing games as far as I have seen. Sometimes I can tell when it will BSOD in the near future when browsing the internet because chrome will randomly blink black for a fraction of a second and then come back, or sometimes it will just close all chrome windows. It seems like it happens more frequently when opening a new window or tab in chrome. It does not seem like it chain crashes much, probably random chance but it feels like if it crashes within a minute after startup, the next time it will not. It seems like if it has not crashed within 30 minutes of startup, it will not crash even if left on all day. It does not happen super frequently, maybe a 50% chance the first time I start it up for the day and it decreases from there.

There have been numerous error messages I have not really been tracking, but from memory: IRQL not less or equal, Memory management, System Service Exception, KMODE Exception not handled, Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap, Page Fault in non-paged area, there are others too that I cannot really remember. Some are more common than others, System Service Exception is probably the most common.

Using bluescreenviewer every BSOD traces back to ntoskrnl.exe, while occationally it will also have a second file. Between bluescreenviewer and driver verifier I have found these other files that also contribute to crashes potentially: rzpmgrk.sys - some razor keyboard thing, I just uninstalled it, amd xata.sys, amdppm.sys, ntfs.sys, wdfilter.sys, FLTMGR.sys, win32kfull.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, dxgmms2.sys, and hal.dll. This is not comprehensive because I assume once driver verifier crashes it stops looking. I am not sure what to do with things that are detected by driver verifier. Do I skip them for future driver verifier sessions to try and get deeper into the list? I try to update drivers if I find something I can trace it to but I don't know if that helps.

Attempted fixes: Used various windows chkdsk commands, both Windows and memtest86 memory tests (no errors found), ran Crystaldisk (no errors), various google searches. Updating drivers for things where I can find drivers for them.

Recent changes: New Hardware and upgrade to windows 10 from 7.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home Premium

System specs:
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Power: EVGA - SuperNOVA G1+ 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Video: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB WINDFORCE
Parts carried over from previous computer:
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb
HDD: Western Digital 3TB 7200rpm drive
Optical Drive: Some Asus DVD burner
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 200R ATX mid tower case

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread