Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was so mad when you guys turboed the doc lol

Mad at myself for not expecting a ninja considering that town had both a watcher and a tracker to go with a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I was so mad when you guys turboed the doc lol

Mad at myself for not expecting a ninja considering that town had both a watcher and a tracker to go with a cop

Yeah that was a bad mafia moment

Thanks jimmy! Sorry for being worthless this game you deserve better

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Good game! I'm glad I actually got to play. Sorry we didn't let you live murmur, probably would have been a better game if we had.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, good then.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Good game!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Good game! I'm glad I actually got to play. Sorry we didn't let you live murmur, probably would have been a better game if we had.

There is no way could we let that role claim live. It was outrageous (even if true).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
the cop survivor isn't outrageous and has been discussed and played b4 lol.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

the cop survivor isn't outrageous and has been discussed and played b4 lol.

It was a gossip/cop survivor with no n1 result. Just because a role has existed before doesn’t mean it’s outrageous.

More accurately, she played it outrageously.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Now that this game is over, join this game: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880493&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

merk posted:

It was a gossip/cop survivor with no n1 result. Just because a role has existed before doesn’t mean it’s outrageous.

:hai:

Jimmy I know you're gonna do a thoughts post but my advice to you and anyone else is that flavor is cool and exciting, especially as a mod, but don't go overboard. That I was basically able to suss out a scum (and the role of my other masonbud before her flip) because I knew their names and caught the gimmick isn't good.

Outside of that, I thought it was a pretty well balanced game. Like Humalong said, scum got boned hard by the lurkers. The poison thing can go either way, I know some mods like to say that people died of poison and others just say they died, so I'm neutral on that. We only really caught Fisk because I saw him, which can happen to normal kills as well in any game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh and also I actually got to play past like one day as town for the first time in a while which made me very happy :lol:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Despite my best efforts I didn't totally blow the game for town!

Thanks for running the game jimmy I had a real fun time with it. I'll probably have more to say when I'm more awake.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Grats town.

Fun game Jimmy.

Sorry for dying Humalong.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hell yeah. Good game everyone

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

I don't really find sewing chaos to be all that fun, and every other time I've won as Survivor I did it by claiming early and trusting that town would keep around someone who was actively scumhunting. I'm not losing sleep over it.

I still don't understand what the logic was in voting me d2 as opposed to like d4, but town won so I won't knock it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

I still don't understand what the logic was in voting me d2 as opposed to like d4, but town won so I won't knock it.

You were trying to get me dunked :shobon:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Somberbrero posted:

You were trying to get me dunked :shobon:

Yeah honestly I should've argued harder for Fisk but ran out of steam.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah honestly I should've argued harder for Fisk but ran out of steam.

No you should have made sure we hammered Somber.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Humalong posted:

No you should have made sure we hammered Somber.

I do appreciate not being dunked day one in my first game in half a year.

Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
There were parts where I felt like I played badly (hi first two days, imgay turbo), and parts where I didn't. I don't know if ASF's "scum have fakeclaims" statement that I zero'ed in on was truly a genuine slip but I feel good about catching it anyway. I'm glad I stayed on the fisk vote d3, but n3 I was torn on whether to jail IP or Toalpaz, and I made the wrong call.

I withheld information from town at the end because I felt bringing it up would come off really scummy whereas feigning ignorance could go either way: I already worked out that imgay might be a doc after they backed up my n3 action, but I felt that was equally likely to be a scum softclaim, and I couldn't wrap my head around why take that risk, so when night results came out the way they did I overreacted and didn't take proper time to think it through. Sorry about that!

I always struggle as town early in the game when there aren't any real claims or evidence yet, so especially after the NL d1 I felt really in the dark. I think I usually come off scummy because of the impulsive way I act early in the game.

The active scum played really well. I wish there was more effort in general from both sides later in the game, but it was still a fun game overall.

I've noticed I'm always alive deep in these games. When I'm scum I might just have a tendency to skate by. When I'm town I would guess scum see me as a liability they like to have around and I can see why!

Thanks again for a fun game jimmy. Seems like the balance was much improved from the last game of yours I was in. Hope to catch you in another one!