Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

get one of these op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Love this guys big massive sack. You could use it as a tent!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Guildenstern Mother posted:

gently caress you. The only good part of winter is having enough coat pockets that you don't have to carry a purse.

goddamn, bitch put on some warm gloves and carry a bag!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

get one of these op

now thats a Jansport Man

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

El_Elegante posted:

Ballsack=scrote tote

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

1gnoirents posted:

best part about riding a motorcycle is I get to have a backpack with me everywhere and nobody thinks twice. having a backpack is weirder than you might think, especially social things like bars (granted i wouldnt casually do this at every bar, but thats fine cause usually uber anyways) or the movies, and places like any retail store, the post office, whatever. but if im hopping off a motorcycle with a jacket its all good. which is sweet since its literally a manpurse that carries manpurse things. highly convenient! hitting the town hard and get an offer to crash and im like sure bud i got a whole toiletries kit and contact stuff and new underwear ... its pretty awesome

Backpacks are a 100% normal thing, I see people with them constantly. You don't have to feel weird. Do you live in some rural hellhole where people drive their cars everywhere?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

carry a purse if you want. who gives a gently caress? oh no, complete strangers might think less of you.

eddie izzard carries a purse and he's a cool dude

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

goddamn, bitch put on some warm gloves and carry a bag!

gently caress this I'm bringing back cargo pants and I'm going to overstuff the pockets so they're all bulgy and hang wrong and look even more stupid than they so already.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
If you're insecure about your bag then get a lady friend to carry it for you.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

gently caress this I'm bringing back cargo pants and I'm going to overstuff the pockets so they're all bulgy and hang wrong and look even more stupid than they so already.

No one cares these days. Fashion has been dead for a long time, now.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When I see a man with a purse I think.. purse theif. :thunk:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Me too

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Lambert posted:

Backpacks are a 100% normal thing, I see people with them constantly. You don't have to feel weird. Do you live in some rural hellhole where people drive their cars everywhere?

I dunno, walk into a best buy with a backpack on a few times and unless you look like a high schooler things get weird. Wal mart hates backpacks, so do movie theaters. Also standing in line outside a bar with a backpack on is another typically weird flag. I know how specific this sounds but if you go to a party at a house with a lot of people you dont know with a backpack for no obvious reason makes you look like the drugman. I could go on probably forever because its one of those things you dont think about until its you. But in any case its just nice to have the perfect excuse to have whatever i want wherever i want. I do live in a place where everybody drives though, I see what you mean by that, but it isnt rural (dallas)

Woden
May 6, 2006

Cargo pants never went away, you've been missing out on cool pants for no good reason.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

yell 'That's my tote! I don't know you!'

Then kick yourself in the balls

Everyone will be very impressed

Haha! Just like in show 'Hill is King of Family'

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
has anyone posted "scrote bag" yet?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
just get like a my little pony backpack and put all your poo poo in it

if anyone asks, just tell them that it's your daughter's backpack and you are just carrying it for her

make up an elaborate backstory for this daughter just in case anyone gets TOO CURIOUS!

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
wait poo poo i thought up the perfect response:

totes

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Backpacks are for children to carry their juice to school

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

people in my city wear all sorts of interesting things, goons would walk around mouth agape at the bold fashion choices people make, while nestled in the safety of their hoodie with a handwarmer thing at the front

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
slaughter a goat, hollow it out, and carry your books in it

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Woden posted:

Cargo pants never went away, you've been missing out on cool pants for no good reason.

Do they come in a shorts version for a flirty summer look?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

carry a purse if you want. who gives a gently caress? oh no, complete strangers might think less of you.

Also your dad. He'll be (even more) disappointed in you.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

1gnoirents posted:

I dunno, walk into a best buy with a backpack on a few times and unless you look like a high schooler things get weird. Wal mart hates backpacks, so do movie theaters. Also standing in line outside a bar with a backpack on is another typically weird flag. I know how specific this sounds but if you go to a party at a house with a lot of people you dont know with a backpack for no obvious reason makes you look like the drugman. I could go on probably forever because its one of those things you dont think about until its you. But in any case its just nice to have the perfect excuse to have whatever i want wherever i want. I do live in a place where everybody drives though, I see what you mean by that, but it isnt rural (dallas)

Do you have like swastikas or my little pony patches sewn on it or what?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I carry a leather backpack. Eight of them. Plus a potion belt for travel (speed and levitate). I run with both of my daggers in my hands always. Also I only exist in EverQuest.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Lambert posted:

I've lived in a variety of places including a metro area where public transportation was a p reasonable way to get around and I can't say I've ever seen just random people wearing backpacks on the regular. You see them in college towns specifically on the routes to and from campus but even in those towns backpacks immediately disappear outside of that. I dunno if I'd call it weird to be wearing one outside of that context but at least in my experience it's not common.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Phew! It's a good thing the AARP stepped in and told me what wasn't cool to say! I really dodged a bullet there.

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to get Charlton Heston's opinion on dabbing.

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
I carry a backpack wherever I go with several adress books and phone chargers.

This is not a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

ArbitraryC posted:

I've lived in a variety of places including a metro area where public transportation was a p reasonable way to get around and I can't say I've ever seen just random people wearing backpacks on the regular. You see them in college towns specifically on the routes to and from campus but even in those towns backpacks immediately disappear outside of that. I dunno if I'd call it weird to be wearing one outside of that context but at least in my experience it's not common.

I live in a metro area where public transit is common, and backpacks are everywhere. Was this many years ago?