Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which foodpost is the bestpost?
Duscat: Birbs & Gravy
Duscat: Chicken & Rice
Doc Walrus: Hawaiian Teriyaki Noodles
Bloom: Black Fried Rice
Epic High Five: Hobo Bachelor Buffet
Willie Tomg: Oh-My-God-I-Can-Breathe-Again Quesadillas
Twoday: Chicken & Beets
Bird with big dick: Surf & Turf
Crakkerjakk: Whole loving Days Worth of Food
View Results

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Very poor (heh) showing indeed. You don't have to intentionally torture your taste buds to save money you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Are we doing this every month because if so that'd be cool and I'll feel better about my entry being a joke/troll entry and I'll do a serious entry for Feb.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wait corn pone is a real thing? I just thought it was some kind of alliterative thing to append to "country pussy" and didn't really mean anything on its own.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Doc Walrus posted:

It should be noted that Bird with big dick's post is the only one with a post ID ending in 69

nice

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Wait corn pone is a real thing? I just thought it was some kind of alliterative thing to append to "country pussy" and didn't really mean anything on its own.

ya it's real, like i said in another post it's got a loooooooong history in America, both white and native

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

bird with big dick posted:

Are we doing this every month because if so that'd be cool and I'll feel better about my entry being a joke/troll entry and I'll do a serious entry for Feb.

We will do this forever till the end of time which will be in about six months

I think we said winner picks the next contest?? Don't remember

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Also remember folks we need ideas for next month's theme! My idea:

POST-GUILLOTINE CUISINE

find a fancy expensive dish from one of the fanciest, most expensive restaurants in your town and remake it on the cheap. Make multiple dishes if you're remaking dishes where it's three ounces of food on a tiny tiny plate. Include the menu price and the remade price.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Inspired by mormonpartyboat

REMIX

take a recipe, look at the ingredients list, and use those to make something as different as possible from the dish that it was supposed to be

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Alright folks this competition is just about over! Choose an already offered theme! Suggest a new theme! Talk about themes!

twoday
May 4, 2005

I'm gonna spit out a bunch of bad ideas to get the ball rolling

Monochrome - all elements of the dish must be the same color

The kitchen traveler - explain and make a recipe from a country you know nothing about and have never been to

Soup - make a soup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

make something your hometown is famous for imo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twoday posted:

The kitchen traveler - explain and make a recipe from a country you know nothing about and have never been to

Soup - make a soup

the Ugly American idea owns, and also soup is very good

twoday
May 4, 2005

It was a tie?!?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

It was a tie?!?

apparently!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Congrats to Epic High Five and Twoday for both winning the January contest!

Does anyone object to this theme for February?

Ugly American
Pick a dish you know little about from a country you know little about and cook it!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Doc Walrus posted:

Congrats to Epic High Five and Twoday for both winning the January contest!

Does anyone object to this theme for February?

Ugly American
Pick a dish you know little about from a country you know little about and cook it!

I'd say if it's gonna be ugly american, it should be something more like taking a foreign dish and "americanizing" it in some disgusting way, like using ranch instead of alfredo or something

I'll think up some new stuff, when's the deadline for a new theme?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Americanizing a dish would be tricky for us non-americans. Unless adding a ton of cheese and mayo counts?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

bloom posted:

Americanizing a dish would be tricky for us non-americans. Unless adding a ton of cheese and mayo counts?

sounds like you'll be fine

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
just add piss

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

bloom posted:

Britishizing / colonializing would work just as well, but it makes the name make less sense. Need a good cultural appropriation name for this theme.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

I'll think up some new stuff, when's the deadline for a new theme?
Soon, I guess? :shrug: let's decide on something by the end of the weekend.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Doc Walrus posted:

Britishizing / colonializing would work just as well, but it makes the name make less sense. Need a good cultural appropriation name for this theme.

The Winston Churchill was a Fat Bitch Challenge

twoday
May 4, 2005

a British challenge in February is a bit superfluous with all the various post-brexit ration challenges we are gonna have later this year innit, let's name it the Ugly Colonist and open it up to all colonial powers

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
A british challenge would just mean boiling everything until gray and tossing out any spices for being suspiciously foreign.

twoday
May 4, 2005

You will be shocked and dismayed at the outcome of applying Dutch cooking techniques to tropical cuisine

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

twoday posted:

You will be shocked and dismayed at the outcome of applying Dutch cooking techniques to tropical cuisine

counterpoint: gently caress i could go for some babi pangang

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Beginning TOMORROW and ending SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH:

Pick a wonderful dish from a country that never owned colonies and give it a colonial twist! Post your entries in the regular Cooking With C-SPAM thread, and abandon this one!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Walrus posted:

Beginning TOMORROW and ending SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH:

Pick a wonderful dish from a country that never owned colonies and give it a colonial twist! Post your entries in the regular Cooking With C-SPAM thread, and abandon this one!

oh gently caress it's already over

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:rip:

twoday
May 4, 2005

We can't even use this thread anymore because the poll is already used up! None of this makes sense!

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Up is down, left is right, cats and dogs living together!!!

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

i say swears online posted:

oh gently caress it's already over

I meant february 24TH drat it!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I didn't realise there was a competition on the go or I would have taken some pictures of me cooking it and posted the prices of that big post of one pot recipes I did

twoday
May 4, 2005

Well there is one going on now, I think the deadline is supposed to be March, not February but I'm not sure actually

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

Well there is one going on now, I think the deadline is supposed to be March, not February but I'm not sure actually

We need some time to judge entries & decide on march's theme. We could take entries up til the end of February and judge the first week of march if people want.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
i'll take some pictures next time i make stuff

twoday
May 4, 2005

Doc Walrus posted:

I meant february 24TH drat it!

Oh I didn't see this, makes sense

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013