Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
You're free! Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Congratulations!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Congratulations!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Conglaturation!

Here's all you need to know about Omikron.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
Why did all of that happen, and why did anyone do anything they did? This applies to both the story of YIIK and this LP.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr. Miracle posted:

Why did all of that happen, and why did anyone do anything they did? This applies to both the story of YIIK and this LP.

Life is short, cruel, and meaningless. I don't think you're gonna get a better answer than that, sorry.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I forget if the other :yiikes: LP touched on it - can you have Essen-sorry, I mean Water Filter in that last fight?

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I forget if the other :yiikes: LP touched on it - can you have Essen-sorry, I mean Water Filter in that last fight?

Nope, Alex (You) takes that slot.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Maybe this was like The Beginner's Guide but unironic.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Gotta love when a story sets up themes and plotlines and then goes, "Okay, glad that poo poo's done with, now here's an ending that touches on none of it!" It's just as baffling on the second watch. I really want to know what kind of story these guys think is good.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Puppy Time posted:

Gotta love when a story sets up themes and plotlines and then goes, "Okay, glad that poo poo's done with, now here's an ending that touches on none of it!" It's just as baffling on the second watch. I really want to know what kind of story these guys think is good.

It sort of feels like they started work on bunch of games with vaguely similar ideas and themes but different overall plots, and then when those projects stalled out they stapled them together without making much attempt to smooth out the joints.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Dr. Miracle posted:

It sort of feels like they started work on bunch of games with vaguely similar ideas and themes but different overall plots, and then when those projects stalled out they stapled them together without making much attempt to smooth out the joints.

Sorta, from my time lurking in the YiiK community, yes there is one, the original draft of the plot was a lot different and was kinda more 'Monster of the week' kinda stuff. Then it changed to finding Sammy, and then it changed again to centering around the Essentia and Proto Alex; and it finally changed once more to what we ended up with. (This is a bit hazy for me as you'd have to do some internet detective work to figure out what came first.)

Fans found what was the original ending still in the game's files, which I recorded and put up on youtube, and it depicts a different Essentia and Alex.

All in all this whole game is a Frankenstein's monster of a project that should have had someone with some sense to intervene to keep the Anderson brothers on task.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Honestly this game to me really reads like a narcissist's manifesto, where Alex is completely justified in being a worthless piece of poo poo and everything is about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The unifying theme of Yuk is that the Allansons are narcissists and this is their way of lashing out at strawman critics of Two Brothers.