Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Brut posted:

Dominic Cruz thinks there's ropes and that Silva is "20 years age older" than Adesanya.

haha that was really bad, even with all the poo poo he's been saying this card.

That was rad, felt like just a cool exhibition match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
I think Stylebender gave Spider too much hespect and should have gone for it more, but that fight was more fun than I thought it would be.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

If this is Anderson's last fight it was the best way possible to go out

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

never felt like silva was doing more than putting this kid over, he never seemed to actually try to win

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
yeah 30-27 for sure though

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Cool fight but as a title eliminator that was poo poo

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That was dope as gently caress. Don't think I could ask for a better finish, fighter on his way out delivers a stellar performance against a young guy that was a touch better.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Zyla posted:

never felt like silva was doing more than putting this kid over, he never seemed to actually try to win

neither guy was looking to take a risk and get knocked out

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Zyla posted:

He didn't want to pull a Jose Aldo and destroy some poor kid's dream

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I have to feel that even with the win Adesanya's stock just dropped considerably

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What a perfect fight

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
That would have been a fantastic warm-up to a title fight.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Diddie posted:

He didn't want to pull a Jose Aldo and destroy some poor kid's dream

i do appreciate it tho!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
please retire andy this is a good fight to retire on

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Fentry posted:

I have to feel that even with the win Adesanya's stock just dropped considerably

Nah

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sorry Israel you cursed too much now you are my enemy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fun card all things considered

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hahahahahaha Adesanya was right he has no intention to retire.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

lmao

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i mean, if you wanna have a last match in your hometown that's fine but c'mon please retire my dude

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1094465862822703105

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

please retire andy this is a good fight to retire on

drat it all

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Was Israel really notably better than SIlva? Sure he had more hits, but Silva looked like a tank.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

i mean, if you wanna have a last match in your hometown that's fine but c'mon please retire my dude

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Was Israel really notably better than SIlva? Sure he had more hits, but Silva looked like a tank.

He didn't look much better, but it's also hard to say whether he was ever really going for the finish. I agree with whoever commented earlier that the fight felt like an exhibition.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

punk rebel ecks posted:

It’s hard to say. Israel was leading, so he didn’t really go for it, and Silva was happy to sit back and hope for a counter. They never really got down to it so you could figure out who’s better.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
That fight felt like Crocop vs. Barry II to me. Except Anderson didn't do enough of anything to steal it when he had the chance. I don't think Adesanya had the heart to put his hero down.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

That fight felt like Crocop vs. Barry II to me. Except Anderson didn't do enough of anything to steal it when he had the chance. I don't think Adesanya had the heart to put his hero down.

yeah

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Adesanya hitting that combination straight into Andy's chin and Andy walking it off is probably proof that he was kinda taking it easy after he had a lead, at least. I think he wasn't expecting Spider to be as sharp as he was either.

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal
The TV was muted so we couldn't hear what was being said at the end. Did anyone hear it? I gather some respect going down, but did he announce retirement or anything?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mizaq posted:

The TV was muted so we couldn't hear what was being said at the end. Did anyone hear it? I gather some respect going down, but did he announce retirement or anything?

He just said he loves fighting and he wants to fight in Curitiba this year.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
If he fights another 40 something dude it could be a good last fight, just don’t fight another one of these young fighters

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
Good thinking. We'll put him in with Yoel.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Silva vs Machida double retirement fight

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal
Thanks Dias

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've been in a coma for 12 hours, but oh boy I can't wait to see Robert Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum!

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
So it's confirmed that Gastelum has staff. Maybeeee don't use your hotel room as a gym next time.

zex
May 3, 2007

Constellation I posted:

So it's confirmed that Gastelum has staff. Maybeeee don't use your hotel room as a gym next time.

great now they're going to have to throw that belt away

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Hell Gem
It was Cejudo's belt that he borrowed, so the UFC was probably planning to do that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

Going to watch the card now I think.