Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

All my revenue is external sorry not your jurisdiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016
I'm a sovereign state. I tax myself. But taxation is theft so I'm also a criminal.

you can't arrest me cause I'm sovereign.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I barely made 30k last year and ended up owing like 2 grand cant wait to file this year

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I can easily afford taxes, I dodge them only to be an rear end in a top hat. Each year I take the exact amount that I would pay in taxes and bribe the tax officials with it.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

My refund is about $1,500 less than last year but my paychecks went up by about fourty bucks a month. Somebody who's good with math please tell me if Trump Tax Cuts good or bad

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Show us some credentials op

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My taxes are usually over 100 pages long. This was an especially motleyed year in terms of income so I bet they hit 150

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i just have like ~2 pages and they tax me the correct amount to the penny every single freaking year so i never owe or have to pay anything. its super boring

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

:krust: suck my dick you fuckman :krust:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

op do you know eddie ray kahn

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I want... low tax heh heh heh

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Our return was like 1/3 of what we got last year. :toot: Also didn't help that my wife didn't fix her federal withholding so we almost owed like $1000 but my student loan interest and rent deduction put us back in the positive

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm still waiting for Paul Ryan to send me the tax form postcard

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Nerds posted:

My taxes are usually over 100 pages long. This was an especially motleyed year in terms of income so I bet they hit 150

lier. no one who makes lots of money does their own taxes, or even pays taxes

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Genesplicer posted:

Luckily, we have top-flight insurance, both of us. Which is good, because Mrs. Genesplicer is scheduled to get pretty much the same surgery that Lowtax got.

I sense a new spine thread...

The IRS
Dec 31, 2018

bradzilla posted:

Show us some credentials op

how many photos of my balls would it take to make you respect me?

squid pro quo
Nov 11, 2018

Genesplicer posted:

I'm middle class, ... Mrs. Genesplicer and I are both teachers

I’ve got some bad news for you

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

squid pro quo posted:

I’ve got some bad news for you

We've both been teaching for over 25 years. Due to time-related and education-related pay increases, we are definitely middle class. Not doing too badly. We definitely feel sorry for anyone who has been teaching for less than 10 years. They are not in the same boat as us.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Space Race Riot posted:

I made so little last year I don't have to do taxes :smuggo:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Genesplicer posted:

We've both been teaching for over 25 years. Due to time-related and education-related pay increases, we are definitely middle class. Not doing too badly. We definitely feel sorry for anyone who has been teaching for less than 10 years. They are not in the same boat as us.

My dad has been teaching for over 40 years. Unfortunately they’re all in Texas high schools, so my family is barely middle class.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Genesplicer posted:

I meet with my accountant next week. Since I'm middle class, I'm expecting a substantial cut to my refund. Mrs. Genesplicer and I are both teachers, and we spend a significant amount of money on classroom supplies. Every since we became teachers, virtually 100% of that was deductible. Apparently, the new rules limit us to about $250 per year. (I generally spend that in a month.) So, I'll be getting screwed, while the CEO still gets to deduct the full cost of his new private jet.

Maybe you should sell supplies to your students at a heavy mark-up. Set yourself up as a pass through and laugh your way to the bank.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Oscar Wild posted:

Maybe you should sell supplies to your students at a heavy mark-up. Set yourself up as a pass through and laugh your way to the bank.

The real business is in selling them weed :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i made pretty much the same amount but had 1000 less refund but that’s prob cause i adjusted my withholding and also collected unemployment benefits last year so it evens out i guess