Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/JoshVitale/status/1141137959619584000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/andycampbell16/status/1140780355559055361?s=21

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

So I guess when you stack up talent like Bama does in football it pays off. Jesus Christ is Vandy a fuckin load. Even if we somehow make it outta the loser’s bracket on a miracle, our pitching won’t be back in time for the championship series now. That rain delay was huge.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Gotta take 2 from Michigan.

We'll have Micah Dallas, Lanning (our weekday starter) and everyone from the pen available tomorrow. Killian may be available on 4 days rest along with the other of Dallas and Lanning if we make it to Saturday.

One of these games is going to have to either be pitch by committee or Lanning giving a quality start. Either in the Saturday elim vs Michigan (if we make it), or during the championship series (again, if we make it). Fascinating bit of strategy there. If you pitch Dallas Friday, you won't be able to use him until the Champ finale. If you pitch Killian Saturday, you won't be able to use him at all in the champ series.

My guess is that Tadlock sends Dallas out Friday for his 3rd time vs Michigan (because if you can't get to the bracket finale, what good is all of this), then tries Lanning Saturday with a short leash and Killian from the pen. Champ rotation becomes Bonnin, Killian, Dallas.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
well gently caress

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

kayakyakr posted:

well gently caress

:same:

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

It was worth the risk watching this game at work. Insane, going from awesome start to worried after the 2nd inning comeback then just :vince: since then.

Go blue, and go Louisville.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Some excellent starting pitchers for Michigan.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
It is wild that Michigan is going to be playing for a championship. Win or lose from here, it's a huge boost for cold-weather teams.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

just to let you know, if you're cheering for Vandy to win the CWS you're objectively evil, because you indirectly support the Whistler

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Go Blue!

Last several major national title shots we had (basketball, hockey, softball) all lost in heartbreak. It's playing with house money just being here but dang it'd be nice to close this one out.

edit: dang, that's a nice start (even with the blown call at 3rd earlier)

Dance McPants fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 25, 2019

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tommy Henry has been so loving good this entire tournament.

Criswell only threw like 10 pitches so he should be okay to start tomorrow against Rocker.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

wow Vandy found some uglier uniforms

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I dunno, try throwing six or seven more directly into the fuckin' dirt, they're bound to swing at one

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

That was depressing to watch. The first 3 runs were caused by wild pitches and errors. At least we don't have to see Rocker again tonight.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

turns out if you pitch bad you're gonna lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Yep.

Welp that was still a good season and a great run. I made it out to one game late this season and saw Paige, Keizer, and one of the over game 2 relievers pitch so clearly I'm cursed and should avoid going to future baseball games (and my old man back makes sitting through a whole game and driving home rough . Doesn't seem to bother my dad tho so guess I'm just a wuss.)

Congrats Vandy.