Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's fitting that the biggest doofus on the slowest bike would try the dumbest, least effective way of going faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
100% he was taking them for aesthetics, not performance

timn
Mar 16, 2010
So more that it's fitting that the biggest doofus on the slowest bike would jeopardize his career by taking PEDs for solely personal reasons.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

100% he was taking them for aesthetics, not performance

That or injury recovery.

But let’s be real, Crazy Joe was taking them for beach muscles for his IG posts.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Injury recovery I could see, but if I was a moto gp competitor and someone else wanted to bulk up on steroids, I'd have no complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Brotogp did a good episode on how PEDs can help GP riders, its mostly about recovery, jet lag mitigation and sleep regulation rather than directly affecting them during the 40 minutes they spend racing.

https://www.brotogp.com/2019/12/23/you-andrea-iannone-might-accidentally-be-taking-peds-brotogp-ep-129/

The levels they detected are miniscule, i could genuinely see it being similar to Jon Jones gas station dick pills ban a few years ago. Also the supplement industry is the wild west when it comes to regulations. The UFC have walked back their USADA testing regulations recently beause they can pick up minicule, clinically insignificant levels of metabolites now, and they keep having to ban their big earners/ rescind bans when they find that they genuinely took a tainted supplement.

echomadman fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 2, 2020