Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
This thread is for posting all our wild, crazy, nonsense fan theories.

I watch a lot of tv shows and play a lot of video games and sometimes things don't make sense to me, so I try to come up with "real" explanations of what is going on. Usually its just weird stuff I spitball, but sometimes I think I hit the nail on the head.

Some of you might know a British TV show called "Doctor Who", about this guy (or sometimes girl...that part is important) named "Doctor Who", and he is always having adventures. The problem? Is adventures are sometimes in the far past, sometimes in the far future, sometimes on other planets! A lot of people wonder why this is, they think it is a gigantic continuity error. But my theory? He is actually a time travelling alien! With a time machine! Okay, I know, its out there. But listen to this: if you look carefully, Doctor Who has this little blue garden shed he walks into before starting his adventures. I think *that* might be the time machine! But like I said, just a theory.

Okay, the second one is "Star Trek, The Next Generation". This seems like a comedy/drama about a typical office environment, like a take-off on The Office or Parks and Rec. They go to meetings, have workplace arguments, solve problems, work with computers...pretty standard fare, right? But there is the thing. Sometimes the technology seems out of place for the time. Some of it is just a little ahead of its time (they had ipads like 20 years ago), but a lot of it...they have food replicators, and "transporters"...anyway, so my theory is, this show isn't just set in an office park in 1990s California, like it seems at first, but they are all on a space ship in the far future! I don't know how far of a future...like maybe 2050, and they are going to Mars? Oh, and I have a theory...the one "Shelden" character, Data, who is like this really precise but odd accountant...I think he is actually some type of robot.

Anyway...anyone else have TV show or video game theories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Game of Thrones is a small independent and hardly known little series with low budget about a blonde girl trying to have sex with as many siblings as possible, resulting in dragons being used for war and Sean Bean dying of old age.

So much for introduction, the theory here is that the actual game of the thrones is not behind the iron chair that must be super uncomfortable to sit on and the people fighting over it in 8 seasons, but there actually is a game of thrones behind the game of thrones, being between two godlike beings that are only addressed in an abstract way.
In the one corner we have the infamous Lord of Light, the God of fire that people like "The Red Woman that was an old hag for one scene" follow and that's known for his hobby of burning small children alive and letting Stannis' armies starve anyways, while in the other corner we have a second God that so far is hardly to identify or name, but that sits behind the White Walkers (unpaid interns for some northern folks that have problems bending their knees in sports) and is indirectly or directly controlling them, forming a God of Ice.

Those two gods fight each other over a God-level throne and throw armies at each other. The fire God has perks like creating dragons out of a moon and spitting fire or reviving black haired cuties after they got stabbed a few times, while the ice God as perks like a blue guy with crown shaped hair that resurrects the dead for his sexual satisfaction.
The direct creations, like white walkers and dragons, are inherently of different essence and can murder each other instantly (like a dragon burning through the dead and the walkers throwing ice pickles at the dragons, both killing each other in an instant), while the humans have to choose a side and are the ones deciding the battle de facto, but unaware of this and also for completely wrong reasons, as their human shenanigans are actually nothing compared to the gods throwing sticks at each other.

An addendum to this theory is that both gods actually are part of one single God that has many faces and he's fighting himself out of mental instability, a higher goal that he wants to achieve or simply personal joy.

sugarstarshower
The Simpsons actually takes place in Japan. I mean 98% of the population is yellow skinned ffs. Ignorant workers in a nuclear plant is a satire on Fukushima. Perhaps the most obvious hint (or a wink, depending on how much you know) is this image right here.

by R. Guyovich
So this thread is the same over used article every comedy website does a cou0e of times a year then?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

504 posted:

So this thread is the same over used article every comedy website does a cou0e of times a year then?

The over used premise of the thread is far funnier and less over used than your reply.

But please have a nice day, and share pictures of your pets!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Finger Prince

I heard you can die if you leave one on without a door or window open.

ToxicSlurpee

-=SEND HELP=-

Guys...guys guys guys I just watched a show and I think that SHOWS MIGHT NOT BE REAL.

Friends has been lying to us this entire time. None of it actually happened! It's all fake!

I'm sewage flavored.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Guys...guys guys guys I just watched a show and I think that SHOWS MIGHT NOT BE REAL.

Friends has been lying to us this entire time. None of it actually happened! It's all fake!

Have you ever thought that both Jerry Seinfeld and Fred Rogers are both characters and real people?

Jerry Seinfeld is a character portrayed by Fred Rogers.

And Fred Rogers is a character portrayed by Jerry Seinfeld.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

504 posted:

My theory about this post is that the 0 in "cou0e" is meant to be a Greek Theta, used as a symbol for "angle". The poster is trying to say that he has an "angle", where he is ironically trying to pretend that he didn't understand my ironically, original post, and that these two angles together cancel each other out, and he is thus replying sincerely.

Diqnol

My fan theory is that fans could cool us off better if they sucked the heat off of us and blew it elsewhere.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

ELO Musk posted:

My fan theory is that fans could cool us off better if they sucked the heat off of us and blew it elsewhere.

Fans...Elsewhere...Saint Elsewhere...Snow Globes...Cooling...

I see what you did there.

xcheopis

glowing-fish posted:

Fans...Elsewhere...Saint Elsewhere...Snow Globes...Cooling...

I see what you did there.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
Okay, another fan theory, since I mentioned Fred Rogers.

You probably know Fred Rogers as a hard hitting investigative journalist who has been chronicalling foreign affairs for years, detailing the cultural conflicts in a small country.

My theory is that he is actually telling a fictional story, and even more than that...it is aimed at children. You can kind of tell a hint about this is "The Neigborhood of Mableieve" is actually "The Neighborhood of Make Believe", like it is a pretend place. So if (and this is a big IF) this theory is correct, you don't have to worry about what that erratic King Friday will do.

Diqnol

My theory is that the guys who write for the Simpsons don’t see the future but are really smart people who read a lot about history to learn culture for storyboards and their frequent true prophecies come about because they know Americans and how they think really really well.

Goons Are Gifts

Family Guy is not actually about the Griffins, but about the Mayor Adam West, spoken by Adam West and drawn in his image.

google THIS

504 posted:

That is certainly an interesting theory, and may have in fact been alluded to in the closing dialog of P1P1 (page 1 post 1), where the OP character, glowing-fish, says, quote,

glowing-fish posted:

Anyway...anyone else have TV show or video game theories?

However, I'm not going to jump to conclusions just yet. I've heard rumors rumors floating around that there's going to be a big reveal on page 2 and that might answer a lot of our questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

google THIS posted:

That is certainly an interesting theory, and may have in fact been alluded to in the closing dialog of P1P1 (page 1 post 1), where the OP character, glowing-fish, says, quote,

However, I'm not going to jump to conclusions just yet. I've heard rumors rumors floating around that there's going to be a big reveal on page 2 and that might answer a lot of our questions.

I heard a rumor that the big reveal will be a gif of a dog dressed up like Batman.